Greetings! ...and new battledome prizes?

lojoco49

Hi all, I'm Lorraine and many years ago used to help my son gather certain avatars and gain NP on Neopets until finally creating an account for myself in 2010. Then life got busy and I've finally, recently returned.

Sad to see World Challenges, which was one of my favourite things, gone.

In other news, I was battling my favourite opponent, Harry The Mutant Moehog this morning and noticed 2 new prizes: Moehog Mud Bomb & Moehog News. Has anyone else noticed new prizes from their battles? Would love to know if other opponents have some great new spoils of battle to attain!

P.S. I did try to post about the battledome prizes in a new topic under Battlepedia but was unable to choose that as an option - is that because I'm a newbie?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the Edit button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hi! I don't think they're new prizes, but the BD was revamped, possibly during your time away, so they might not have been around in the past. There's a plot going on at the moment (The Wraith Resurgence); some steps aren't possible to complete now, but others are and that has a BD element to it.

Welcome back! I hope you'll be able to stay a while! Lots of new things happening, things from the past are coming back and new content is being released. It's true we got to be patient, but still, plenty to look out to!

About the battledome prizes: they're not new as far as I know. Maybe you couldn't remember or maybe they just didn't drop in the 15 items in the past?

Posting in the Battledome & Battlepedia Chat should work, but you need to scroll down a bit, passed the subforums. I don't think it's because you're a newbie. Staff can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for the reply/welcome @jaydeed and @Duma - actually I have been back and battling Harry for the past 2 - 3 months and he has never dropped those 2 items in that time. They're also not listed in Battlepedia under "Prizes Won From This Challenger".

I never used the BD in my previous time on Neopets (darn! A missed avatar opportunity *kicks self*). I wanted to do the Wraith Resurgence so was forced to 'school myself' in the ways of the BD - haha, what a learning curve for an old gal!!

@Duma yes I scrolled down to Battledome & Battlepedia Chat and out of the 3 topics in that dropdown menu the only option I was able to use was Weapon Testing.

Ah well I shall carry on as usual :D

22 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

Thank you for the reply/welcome @jaydeed and @Duma - actually I have been back and battling Harry for the past 2 - 3 months and he has never dropped those 2 items in that time. They're also not listed in Battlepedia under "Prizes Won From This Challenger".

I never used the BD in my previous time on Neopets (darn! A missed avatar opportunity *kicks self*). I wanted to do the Wraith Resurgence so was forced to 'school myself' in the ways of the BD - haha, what a learning curve for an old gal!!

@Duma yes I scrolled down to Battledome & Battlepedia Chat and out of the 3 topics in that dropdown menu the only option I was able to use was Weapon Testing.

Ah well I shall carry on as usual :D

Those 3 topics are the subforums I mentioned. If you scroll down, you will see a lot more topics (46 pages of topics). and a button to create a new topic.

2 hours ago, Duma said:

Those 3 topics are the subforums I mentioned. If you scroll down, you will see a lot more topics (46 pages of topics). and a button to create a new topic.

Oh gosh I feel really dumb now because I still can't find more. Sorry to be a pain, but now I'll be like a dog with a bone until I discover what I'm blindly overlooking.

When I press the start new topic button, this is my entire drop down menu:

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Capture 5.JPG

*penny drops* Actually @Duma don't worry about looking through all my painstakingly acquired shots lol. 

I suddenly thought I should try going to the page of the section I wanted to post in and there is no START NEW TOPIC button for me on certain pages - so I guess it must be a newbie thing.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the Edit button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It is not a newbie thing. The Create Topic button will not appear on certain forums because they are staff only.

If you would like to post in our Battledome Chat, here is the forum where you can post.

https://www.tdnforums.com/forum/72-battledome-battlepedia-chat/

4 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

It is not a newbie thing. The Create Topic button will not appear on certain forums because they are staff only.

If you would like to post in our Battledome Chat, here is the forum where you can post.

https://www.tdnforums.com/forum/72-battledome-battlepedia-chat/

Thank you @Mouseykins, that was my first port of call, but I swear I could not find start new topic button. 

I see it now though! Weird... Ugh, I'll learn to do things in the correct way eventually :blush02: