what's wrong with Google Chrome ??!!

Angeló

Google Chrome logged me out of all the sites .. including facebook , neopets , tdn , youtube ...

it won't save the log-in information .. so whenever i log-in to any of these sites and i close the browser .. i get logged-out automatically !!

i did everything ! Clear History .. etc .. 

I then removed Chrome completely .. and deleted it from the Registry .. downloaded it all over again .. and the problem is still there ...

Is there something wrong with Chrome or is my laptop going crazy ? the other browsers are still working fine .. Firefox & Opera which have my side accounts are ok ... (I'm now using my Torch browser to post this)

IMPORTANT EDIT !!!!!

i went to Google Help Forums to contact them and apparently Google Chrome latest version (64) is causing this problem ... it's bugged .. LOTS OF PEOPLE are reporting this problem all over the world. The problem is Chrome updates itself automatically ... some users went back to Chrome v.63 and it's working fine .. others (including me) switched browsers until it's solved ...

WARNING do NOT update your Google Chrome to v.64

but thanks to this idiocy on behalf of Google I discovered a new great browser called Vivaldi which looks a lot like Opera but with Chrome build ... it's fast and light and the interface is totally customizable ... 

Thanks for this info Angelo. I just went to Chrome "Help" settings to check which version I'm using (63). OOPS. Then I realized that when you do that it automatically updates to the latest version. So we'll see what happens to me. I hope that it's been fixed since you posted this. 

Update: I'm on 64 now and was able to close and re-open Chrome and it kept all my log ins, so it seems fine now. 

it is solved for some people but not all

i haven't tried it yet .. it's 3 AM my time now and i need to sleep

i will check tomorrow 

I am curious about this new browser (Vivaldi) I  mean even the name is a great thing. <3 Thanks for all the info and warning!

Vivaldi is nice but a bit slow to respond 

I don't know if it's a Chrome issue but I have also been logged out of Neopets a few times since you started this thread. That doesn't usually happen unless I do it myself. I had gone months without seeing the "yellow" log in page. Fortunately my log in and password are saved in it, so all I have to do is click the button. But it's still not typical. Or it could be that Neopet's servers are having problems.

3 hours ago, lakecat said:

I don't know if it's a Chrome issue but I have also been logged out of Neopets a few times since you started this thread. That doesn't usually happen unless I do it myself. I had gone months without seeing the "yellow" log in page. Fortunately my log in and password are saved in it, so all I have to do is click the button. But it's still not typical. Or it could be that Neopet's servers are having problems.

if u're getting logged out of all sites then it's definitely a Chrome issue .

They said they made a fix on Chrome Canary (which is like a bleeding edge version of Chrome where they launch the new versions without testing them out) but the stable Chrome is still not fixed .. they said on the forum it'll be a couple days ..

GOOD NEWS Apparently the problem has been fixed ... i logged on earlier today and I'm still logged on even after opening and closing the browser several times :angel: