Hulking Wraith help please?

__tigercub__

You might want to get another multiuse weapon like Fiendish Key  or Yooyu Knuckle Duster and maybe a better healer. Also: make sure you check out the abilities. If you train your pet 4 more levels, you can get An Icicle for some extra damage. At level 50 you get Lens flare. With Lens flare you don't need any defense items for 1 turn and you can just do some major damage. The opponent won't be able to use his/her abilities or weapons for that turn.

The best advice I can give you is to keep your pet.  Especially the HPs and Strength.  The strength boost you get from the stats will increase the damage that any weapon can do.  Don't forget about faerie abilities.  At this time I would definitely train your level up to 25 and get icicles.  Hulking wraith is very difficult to beat without being to freeze him for at least 1 round.  So, train train train is all I can say.  Do you have a good healer?  For your level I would recommend the bronze scorchstone or magical healing potion.  I have several of the potions if you need one I will give you one.  They are Once per battle, but they never disappear.  Also at your level I recommend ultranova.  They are unfortunately expensive due to the plot right now, but usually very cheap.  They deal 11 attack icons but also heal between 5-20 hps.  They average 11-13 hps healing and do not use a healer spot.  The reflective vanities, I FEEL, is junk.  I feel you can do better with the winged palm blade, the fiendish key, stone muffin, smelly dung muffin.  I am not sure what you have for weapons.  If you let me know, I can try to advise you better.

I have been beating it since 47 HP. I'm at 55 Attack and 55 Defence.

I recommend you train your stats up to 55 so you get the extra boost. For abilities I'm using Shade and an Icicle during battle.

My equipment is Yooyu Knuckle Duster, Blue Scorchstone (healing), Reflecting Vanities, and Patched Magic Hat. Maybe consider investing in some better weapons.

Around 1/3 of the time I can one hit KO with Yooyu Knockle Duster, Reflecting Vanities, and an Icicle.

If not, next turn I swap out Reflecting Vanities with my Blue Scorchstone for healing, rest stays the same. 90% of the time I win by this round.

I rarely get to the 3rd round, but when I do, I just use the Patched Magic Hat in place of the now gone once per battle Blue Scorchstone. I have a 50/50 chance of winning or tying with it by the 3rd round... The 3rd round rarely happens as I almost always win 1st or 2nd turn.

With the Blue Scorchstone, you can go do some battles with Snapjaw Wraith to heal yourself and you can fight Hulking Wraith again.

Hello, I had issues with it too.  The best advice for me was buy a healer.  The greater healing scroll is around 200K and heals 50 hp, which is significant.  I also have a lesser healing scroll that you could use for the plot if you're not looking to spend that much more money.

Work on training your pet, as that increases the effectiveness of the attacks.  Also like @sunny098 said (and possibly was the one who recommended them to me)  the Yooyu Knuckle Duster deal 14 icons damage which is great.  

I still don't have any of my stats up to 55 (except hp) so I can't one shot him, but at the same time, I can now consistently beat him and heal in another fight with an easier opponent and the greater scroll

Good luck!

10 hours ago, __tigercub__ said:

I rejoined neopets after a long, long time - right in time for a site event. My pet's at level 21, all other stats at 43 and I have Reflecting vanities, Cursed Elixir and Downsize but I'm not able to beat the Hulking Wraith. Any advice?

Hm... You might need to level up some more, sorry. :/ I use almost the same weapons, except my Cursed Elixir is a Cursed Elixir of Neovia. And my spell is always An Icicle. There's already a thread about Hulking Wraith somewhere, they might be able to give you more advice. But training also helps, try going to the one in  Mystery Island since it's faster, and you get lots of code stones from battledome drops.

1 hour ago, __tigercub__ said:

So I have Cursed Elixir and Downsize. I've brought up my defense to 53 and level to 25. He's still hard to beat, but I manage at least a couple of times in a row. Thank you for the advice. Now onto Malum *facepalm*

If you're struggling with Hulking Wraith, you have no chance toward Malum. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 5:39 AM, __tigercub__ said:

So I have Cursed Elixir and Downsize. I've brought up my defense to 53 and level to 25. He's still hard to beat, but I manage at least a couple of times in a row. Thank you for the advice. Now onto Malum *facepalm*

Congrats on beating the Hulking Wraith. As for Malum, this thread here might help..