Reminder for Applying for Item Lends

Emily

Just want to send out a quick reminder on a few things for when people are sending in requests for items from the ALP.

Firstly, please make sure you're only requesting one item at a time. This ensures that 1) Everyone who wants to borrow items will be able to in a timely fashion and 2) That if something happens (an account is hacked or frozen), we don't lose a bunch of items. We only send out one item per person at a time regardless of how many requests you send in at once, so by submitting multiple requests, you're bumping other people who requested the same item further down the queue and creating a backlog for the items. It's best to wait until you've returned one item before requesting another.

Secondly, if you aren't able to provide full collateral for an item and indicate that when applying, please also include what you ARE able to offer as collateral. By not doing so, it delays the lend as we need to track you down and find out this information before the lend can be set up.

Lastly, please try to make sure things are getting returned in a reasonable amount of time. I know some things can't be helped (internet outages, sickness, etc), but if you have a planned absence like a vacation or something, please either wait until you get back to request, or indicate in your request that you'll not be able to get online during that specific period so the lend can be set up when you get back instead. If I have to spend weeks tracking an item back down, all the other people who want to borrow it are forced to wait, or I end up having to re-buy a bunch of (usually expensive) items unnecessarily.

Here's a juggling Krawk for making it to the end:

krawk_blue_juggle.gif