Hulking Wraith Advice

Buffy

I've noticed there are at least two other threads on this topic but I felt it would be inappropriate to post in someone else's particularly since circumstances differ by individual. 

Besides, I believe the more appropriate question for me is: Do I have a chance?

Here are my pet stats:

Ancient_Prophecy (Level 2) is not on a course
2.png
Lvl : 2
Str : 9
Def : 7
Mov : 8
Hp : 14 / 11

CityOfSins (Level 15) is not on a course
2.png
Lvl : 15
Str : 20
Def : 17
Mov : 17
Hp : 32 / 29

MasterofFate (Level 1) is not on a course
2.png
Lvl : 1
Str : 13
Def : 8
Mov : 13
Hp : 41 / 38

MySoul_ToTake (Level 7) is not on a course
2.png
Lvl : 7
Str : 17
Def : 14
Mov : 16
Hp : 51 / 51

Sam_Beckett53 (Level 35) is not on a course
2.png
Lvl : 35
Str : 41
Def : 32
Mov : 21
Hp : 37 / 42

(Note: MasterofFate is still being zapped so her stats are volatile)

Unimpressive, yes, I'm aware. I've largely used Coltzan and to grow them and have received some growth by chance from the lab while in the process of getting a dream color/species. 

I've relied the most on MySoul_ToTake for the wraith battles as he has the most HP but against the Hulking, even he is disadvantaged in that area. His first battle against it was the first he'd lost rather than drew when he didn't win. He couldn't even dent the thing much. 

As one can see, I can't raise his HP. He got so much from the lab that he's now far behind in level. 

I'd rather not quit, I haven't had the chance to get rid of the haze in the areas I care most about and well, I just want to see it to the end but am I doomed here?

Personally, I think your best chance is to train Sam_Beckett53 to level 50 and get Lens Flare as fast as you possibly can. Being able to freeze for one turn will help you loads. After getting to level 50, I would switch your training over to strength to get him to 55 so you receive the next highest damage boost. If you're willing to invest in a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie, that can help you a lot in raising his stats quickly. 

As far as weapons, it depends on what you have and what you're willing to spend. Yooyu Knuckle Dusters and Honey Potion are some good options that are relatively affordable. If you have the Thistleberry Pingrenade from this year's GMC, I would definitely use that. And the Corrosive Spear Wand, which was a plot prize a few weeks ago. At your HP, you can probably make do with a Lesser Healing Scroll. I've also seen people recommend much cheaper items like Scroll of Ultranova and battle muffins, but I don't use those so I can't attest to how well they work. I also don't usually need to use any shields, so I don't have much advice on that either. I've heard Leaf Shield and Parasol of Unfortunate Demise are good, though--and they're both buyable on the shop wiz. 

Once you have Lens Flare, use that on your first turn paired with your two best weapons to deal as much damage as possible while he's frozen. On the second turn, use your next-best faerie ability (An Icicle, probably) along with your one best weapon and your best defense or healing item to try and counter the damage you take. If you can stay alive through that second turn, then you should be good to go. 

I saw the lesser healing scroll in another user's Hulking Wraith thread. I SWed it and it's quite expensive, almost 100k but certainly would be much better than the Blue Scortchstone I have. 
Getting Sam to level 50 will take some time, he's quite a bit off but it's doable. 

11 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Getting Sam to level 50 will take some time, he's quite a bit off but it's doable. 

He's really not that far off. You only need to increase his level by 15. If you go to the Swashbuckling Academy, you can do a course every 10 hours--that's two levels a day (not counting multiple level bonues) if you start one in the morning and another in the evening. You can have this done within a week. If you're willing to splurge a few more neopoints, train him at the Mystery Island School. You'll have to pay two codestones per course, but they only last three hours and you could easily get in five or more courses a day. 

15 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I saw the lesser healing scroll in another user's Hulking Wraith thread. I SWed it and it's quite expensive, almost 100k but certainly would be much better than the Blue Scortchstone I have. 

You can actually get it for ~30k. Here are some SSW links. 

Searching for 'lesser healing scroll', matching 'Lesser Healing Scroll'...
Owner Stock Price
kmsxhottie 1 29,000 NP
yoyo1232317 1 32,000 NP
greeneyedbaby19 1 36,000 NP

24 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

You can actually get it for ~30k. Here are some SSW links. 

Searching for 'lesser healing scroll', matching 'Lesser Healing Scroll'...
Owner Stock Price
kmsxhottie 1 29,000 NP
yoyo1232317 1 32,000 NP
greeneyedbaby19 1 36,000 NP

Sweet! Thanx. None of these came up on SW and I don't have SSW. 

These are the stats I've jotted down for the Hulking Wraith. Including abilities I've encountered and equipment he's used. You can look up the weapons and look at your equipment and see what you've got that will help you counter his equipment, and what will get through his defenses. https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/weapons
Of course, kayahtik is right about going for level 50 to get the Lens Flare faerie ability. If you take on the Hulking Wraith on his weakest form, clicking the Green face, then Sam_Beckett53 might have a chance at beating him. LOL Nice name btw, I loved watching Quantum Leap when I was a kid. Also, if you keep that pet as a Gelert, you should get a Gelert Healing Remedy for him.  It's for Gelerts ONLY, but it heals 50% of MAX HP Once per battle, and it's really the only healing item a Gelert should NEED until they're ready to upgrade to a full-healer.

Here are some users selling Gelert Healing Remedy from the SSW. Hopefully they will still be in stock when you see this.

schlangenkind   50,000 NP
im_not_finished_yet   55,000 NP

Here are the Hulking Wraith stats I've noted.

Species Skeith
Difficulty    HP
50            58
290          290
371          371

Abilities
Healing Fire
Halitosis

Equipment
Jhudoras Bewitched Ring
Shield of Faerieland

Rancid Battle Dung
Clawed Shield

Skarls Hasty Mace
Tower Shield

Plot Prize
Wraith Blood

Happy Battling!

I second @kayahtik and @Aquamentis12 Train Sam! You get codestones in the battledome and Lens Flare will help you so much!

For shields, the two that @kayahtik mentioned aren't bad but you'll need to protect you from dark and physical damage too. I've been searching for some others that might help you.

Sophies magic hat: sells for about 150 k in the Trading post but it's a decent shield, for future battles too. (RECOMMENDED ONE out of this and next ones I'm posting)

There are also dual duty weapons, with both defense and attack, one of the decent ones is Golden Compass: sells for about 33k

For good damage weapons I would really suggest the ones we've gotten as prizes from the plot achievement and the Thistleberry Pingrenade from GMC.

PS: If you're richt you could always buy an anagram sword or other really super weapon, unfortunately the Hidden Tower is closed at the moment XD

• 1 month later...

Thanx to all. All tips offered are appreciated though none were necessary. 

Someone who saw this thread contacted me via Neomail with the offer to loan me a level 52 pet. 

Still, I am now training MasterofFate and CityofSins. I guess I need to get Sam going as well.

I'd planned on keeping the loan until the plot ends just in case there will be another opponent albeit I find that highly improbable, nothing is as certain at this point as it should be but it would be better to get Sam there and return it. I'm starting to feel self-conscious. I don't want the owner to get suspicious that I don't plan on returning it and end up reported. I 100% do. I, in fact, want the slot vacated by Cybunny day in the hopes that I can create a Cybunny. 

6 hours ago, Buffy said:

Thanx to all. All tips offered are appreciated though none were necessary. 

Someone who saw this thread contacted me via Neomail with the offer to loan me a level 52 pet. 

Still, I am now training MasterofFate and CityofSins. I guess I need to get Sam going as well.

I'd planned on keeping the loan until the plot ends just in case there will be another opponent albeit I find that highly improbable, nothing is as certain at this point as it should be but it would be better to get Sam there and return it. I'm starting to feel self-conscious. I don't want the owner to get suspicious that I don't plan on returning it and end up reported. I 100% do. I, in fact, want the slot vacated by Cybunny day in the hopes that I can create a Cybunny. 

Ok, one last tip for Sam, at 35 Defense he will reach the next boost for Defense. So he's close. ;)

I don't know how long you've been borrowing the level 52 pet, but maybe write the person who lent it to you and tell them what's up? You could even ask if you could borrow it a bit longer. Keeping in communication is probably a good way to help ease your self-consciousness and make sure the pet's owner knows your intentions. Best of luck with your battling! If you haven't seen the news, apparently TNT has some new steps planned for the plot and there will be something new for it tomorrow/Monday. Good luck!

42 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Ok, one last tip for Sam, at 35 Defense he will reach the next boost for Defense. So he's close. ;)

I don't know how long you've been borrowing the level 52 pet, but maybe write the person who lent it to you and tell them what's up? You could even ask if you could borrow it a bit longer. Keeping in communication is probably a good way to help ease your self-consciousness and make sure the pet's owner knows your intentions. 

Good idea. Will do. 

If you haven't seen the news, apparently TNT has some new steps planned for the plot and there will be something new for it tomorrow/Monday. Good luck!

I have not heard that. I hope this is true!

On 3/18/2018 at 9:24 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

Glad to hear you like the advice.

Yep! It was in the Neopian Times Editorial and an announcement was in the regular news when I looked a little while ago. They haven't said WHAT, yet, but that'll be revealed sometime tomorrow. :)

We were not disappointed. 

I've defeated Kaia using my loan's throw pillows. 
Though "Defeated" might not be accurate since she was revealed to be the Darkest Faerie in disguise and she vanished after being unmasked. 
This heavily suggests that we'll have to battle her again in her true form.