Part 12 of Wraith Resurgence.

sunny098

I think part 12 of Wraith Resurgence seems to be released at least on the story line. It points to The Gypsy Camp. Not sure what to do though at this point as the website is lagging like crazy to the point it is impossible to play. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.21.59 PM.png

Edited by sunny098
Add screenshot

Yeah I'm trying to poke around the Gypsy Camp but the site is agonizingly slow. At least there's progress in the story line.

Edit: The page didn't properly load, so the images and layout are busted, but uh, I got this page when going to this link: http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/gypsy_camp.phtml?conv=1

image.thumb.png.e1f5d30a9cc28a2d2462ac7cacac3cea.png

The Elephante thing was from another plot I think. That was there a week back before they updated the Wraith Insurgence. 

Edit: Elephante is from the now disabled "Haunted Woods Plot". 

32 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

The update at the top of this page explains all:

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=the_wraith_resurgence

Oh gosh... Defeating a Wraith on hard?! They really stepped up the hardness of the plot. The Hulking Wraith was already proving to be very hard to beat for some players... I better step up my training on my Neopets...

7 minutes ago, sunny098 said:

Oh gosh... Defeating a Wraith on hard?! They really stepped up the hardness of the plot. The Hulking Wraith was already proving to be very hard to beat for some players... I better step up my training on my Neopets...

I know, right? It really doesn't seem fair for those who have only started battling since this plot began and have been struggling and training hard all the way through just to beat the Wraiths on easy :sad02:

18 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

I know, right? It really doesn't seem fair for those who have only started battling since this plot began and have been struggling and training hard all the way through just to beat the Wraiths on easy :sad02:

Well if you have enough Neopoints, you can probably do Island Training to get yourself up there and beat Part 12 of the plot. I mean 24 hours / 3 hours (for me at level 30) is like 8 stats a day. Lucky for me this is an old account from my childhood. :D Despite me not playing for many years in between so I had a lot saved up.

1 hour ago, sunny098 said:

Oh brilliant! I've been training, but can still only beat them on Easy. Thanks neo. -.-

10 hours ago, sunny098 said:

That is really REALLY frustrating.  As someone who has been working really hard to get my neopet up to the standard to beat the pets on easy, I am annoyed that they stepped up the difficulty.  

Grrr...

Guys, guys, guys and gals don't fuss, it's always like that. Depending on how hard Malum will be even seasoned battlers might have a hard time. Every plot is like this. It's a world wide event, so obviously you can't avoid it and we'll have to deal with everything they throw at us. In the past one of the achievements was even to lose! A lot of people hated it because they wanted perfect (winning) scores for their battle pet. So some accepted it and lost while others kept their pride and skipped the achievement.

We've all had plots where we couldn't do everything. If you feel left out this time, make sure you keep on training even when there isn't a plot going on, that way you'll be ready for the next!

If you don't like battling/battle plots that's fine too! But you will have to accept the lag from the purple haze until it's over or spend lots of NP to get rid of it. You don't have to be "a hero" and fight all those wraiths, others can fulfill that role but accept the time it takes. Every thing you do or don't do is fine and it's entirely up to you! TNT can NEVER make a plot or an event where every one is happy. There will always be people that aren't strong enough, or people who are bad at games or at puzzles, or people who are color blind when colors are involved, so there will always be steps that seem unfair, if not for you then for someone else. You might think it's easy for me to say since I have a strong pet, but I have been in your shoes in the past and missed out on amazing prizes and avatars I collect because I wasn't ready, didn't practice games, didn't train my pet etc. So I know what it's like. There is nothing you can do about it but accept it and prepare (or not) for the next plot/event.

On another note:

I am curious about Malum though! I wonder if I'll be able to beat him and I'm curious about the end of the storyline! They must be trying to release it but might have messed up a bit, hence the lag. I'm really excited!

if anyone wants some battle info on malum (and some tips) here you go

one turn he will use :

fan of swords- deals 5 air, 3 dark, 3 water, 3 earth, 3 light, 3 physical blocks 5 physical

another turn:

Malum's Shenkuu Spikes- 3 physical, 3 fire, blocks 4 physical, 4 earth (didn't have dark  or water icons to test it sorry)

Luxurious Purple Cape - blocks 3 earth  and 5 light (didn't have dark or water icons to test it sorry)

another turn

Luxurious Purple Cape - blocks 4 earth  and 5 light 

sword of malum - 5 fire 6 earth 5 light 6 dark (didn't have dark or water icons to test it sorry)

another turn:

wand of the dark faerie 20 dark, 0.9- 9 physical

another turn:

ring of the lost 5 fire 5 light 100% dark

Luxurious Purple Cape - blocks 3 earth and 5 light 

abilities: healing fire, shade, shroud

btw blazing embers does 13 fire to Malum

tips: get a Virtupets X-514 Super Shield & train(obviously) 

3 minutes ago, sunny098 said:

442 HP on hard for Malum. I doubt many can do this. I'm struggling on easy at the moment and I have all my stats except agility maxed out at lvl 30.

im at lv 227 (stats in the 100s) and i did 1 damage with thistleberry pin grenade. I got wrecked when he wipped out his fan of swords. dealt 153 after removing all water and air icons. he is TOUGH indeed

image.png.7633d106694ddac571b595dc14962f5e.png

The prizes are still bugged though, I didn't get to open a box and when I click on them I do get their names, but so far they haven't appeared in my inventory yet. The lag is still bad though.

Defeating him rewarded: Malum Bobblehead

Defeating him on hard rewarded: Evil Evil Coconut

As far as I could tell, the new weapon did 13 fire icons of damage against Malum (more and different icons against non-wraiths)

19 minutes ago, falingtrea said:

Well 178 in one hit on medium. Not even going to bother with hard. Just going to keep chipping away at him on easy.

From the looks of it, you only have to beat him once. I don't see any bars. Unless that is also glitched. 

Considering the achievement is called "Defeating Malum on hard," I doubt "chipping away" at him will do anything. You either beat him on hard or you don't. I don't think I'll be able to do it, but I'll give it a try after I finish my daily battles. 

I did it! Here's what I did, in case it helps anyone: 

Turn 1: Thistleberry Pingrenade + Turned Tooth + Warlocks Rage (215 damage)
Turn 2: Turned Tooth + Reflecting Vanities + Lens Flare (157 damage)
Turn 3: Turned Tooth + Reflecting Vanities + An Icicle (93 damage)

I honestly didn't expect to survive through my third turn--the last time I tried, using my Greater Healing Scroll and the Virtupets X-514 Super Shield as suggested by thrillerman--he wiped out all of my HP and healed himself to over 100 hp. But I guess that goes to show that each turn he takes can be different, so keep at it and hopefully you'll get lucky. 

God, and meanwhile most of us are just staring at strong pets as if they were 10.000.000+np-armor clad goliaths

I kinda love these stronger opponents though, reminds me of other battledome focused plots from when I was a bab, and it also keeps you motivated while training on the off seasons.

OK I have finished this part of the plot and *won* the 2 prizes. I don't have them in my inventory and I don't know why. It tells me to go to my inventory to see the prizes so I know I have won them for sure. Anyone else have this problem? I would really like to have them.