Salutations!

Hello all! I am new here on TDN forums, even though I've been lurking around for a while haha. I've been playing neopets for a long time off and on. I've been on this current account for the past 10.5 years (starting in middle school hence the lame username lol). I just started being more consistent about playing a few months ago so this is the first plot that I've been active for. Quite exciting and vaguely frustrating (my poor low stats >.<) I'm excited to chat with y'all, & if anyone has any Neopet advice -- especially about how to defeat Malum on hard haha -- I'm all ears :) 

Hi and welcome to the forums! About that Malum advice: there are a lot of topics already with tips and tricks to how to defeat him. If you want some specific advise, we'll be happy to help but we'll need a bit more info, like what are your stats, your abilities and your weapons. Helps us a long way in giving advice that actually does you any good :P

Hi & thank you! Yeah, I've seen some of the posts. I was watching the debate about lens flare vs throw pillows and figuring out which I would benefit from. My main battling pet is my Xweetok, Arlandria_17. I was never really big into battling until recently, hence my low stats. I've been trying to level up like crazy so I could do all the plot. 

I like your banner, btw! It's so cute! :D

Pet stats.PNG

8 hours ago, thrillerman1234 said:

Welvome to TDN Forums.

If you ever need the codestones/dubloons for training, don't hesistate to ask. I got you covered!

Thank you so much! That's so nice of you to offer! I might just take you up on that soon; I'm burning through my stash kinda quick these days

One thing I'm going to suggest you do is train those 19 levels to level 50. Then you can either pick Throw pillows or Lens flare. Lens flare is overall better, but if you would like to try and defeat Malum on hard, you could try the throw pillow technique.

Downsize! and the pingrenade are definitely good weapons to have. If you want to continue battling in the future you might want to save up some NP to get a better healer. 20HP isn't a lot even if it's drain. It'll do for now, but as you train I would suggest a Greater Healing Scroll. The lesser healing scroll won't really be worth it.

For now, for this plot, all I can say really is: TRAIN! Get that level 50 ability, which ever one you choose.

If you battle some easy opponents, they might give you lots of codestones, along with other stuff you can sell. That will help you a long way in your training too.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment of my banner. I made it (didn't draw it!) with pictures of my own pets (and a few I would like to have in the future). It's my little neo family. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: I did it! I trained up to level 50, got Throw Pillows, & defeat Malum on Hard! :D Thank you for all the help! 

I have enough blessings to retrain and get Lens Flare but I think I'll wait until this plot is over lol don't want any surprises that may require throw pillows again

9 hours ago, YarnednDangerous said:

UPDATE: I did it! I trained up to level 50, got Throw Pillows, & defeat Malum on Hard! :D Thank you for all the help! 

I have enough blessings to retrain and get Lens Flare but I think I'll wait until this plot is over lol don't want any surprises that may require throw pillows again

Congrats!!! I was going to say that you needed throw pillows because, while lens flare is nice, it blocks for one round then the next round Malum would defeat you with one blow.  You just didn't have enough HPs.  Now that you are level 50 you can do one of two things.  I would either:

1) get lens flare as it is a better freezer over all and continue to train you other stats up until they in balance with your level

OR

2) lose one level for a little bit.  You can always get it back.  There are a couple of ways you can lose a level, one of them being playing deadly dice with count von roo.  The reason for doing this is so that you can continue to train at the pirate academy.  At level 50, it is going to cost you 3 codestones every time you train a stat.  That isn't terrible and it is also quicker than training at the pirate academy.  Either of these two options is fine.

I would also get rid of reflecting vanities and get the yooyu knuckle duster.  It will deal out 14 icons of damage whereas the reflecting vanities won't do much against regular opponents.  I don't feel it is consistent against the wraiths either.  That's JMO. 

Then, as Duma said, a good healer is important.  Good luck to you.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:49 AM, rntracy1 said:

2) lose one level for a little bit.  You can always get it back.  There are a couple of ways you can lose a level, one of them being playing deadly dice with count von roo.  The reason for doing this is so that you can continue to train at the pirate academy.  At level 50, it is going to cost you 3 codestones every time you train a stat.  That isn't terrible and it is also quicker than training at the pirate academy.  Either of these two options is fine.

If only. Pirate Academy only takes up to level 40. I'd rather not drop so many levels, so I'm trying to farm up codestones in the battledome

Welcome!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts seven words or greater

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our spam rules.