Setting a goal on neopets (what to do with my neopoints?)

neo_girl_300993

So I've recently returned to neopets after a break of some years and now I feel like I want a goal to work towards at the site. I'm basically struggling between two options; Keep saving and acquiring more neopoints (so selling all items and using stock market, bank), or spending my neopoints for some other goal such as avatars, neohome, neopet customization or neodeck/stamps. I'd like some opinions as to what would be most rewarding :) (I got aroung 50mil neopoints in my bank account at the moment).  

I appreciate your help as I'm quite lost after so much time being away, haha.

With that nest egg, I'd go after the item avatars since you have the collateral for it. TDN's ALP can be a great help for that if you're interested. Investing in some good Battledome Equipment is never a bad idea in my opinion. Personally, I'm a stamp addict! I have close to 600 stamps in my album right now and after I replenish my neopoints to 25 million, I'll start buying stamps again. I recently just shelled out a fair bit to get the Other II stamp avatar since I already had the most expensive avatar in my album.

Yeah avatars are fun but is there any way to show them off? Lol, that sounds a bit pretentious. I just mean that it would be nice to have them on display rather than just know that you earned some specific avatar. 

I would have to second Mouseykin's suggestion.  Especially if Avatars are one of your priorities.  You can collect the stamps needed for the avatars you obtain for completing certain stamp collections.  That gets 2 birds w/1 stone.  You will build your stamp collection, get some rare stamps and get the avatars that go along with them.  

As far as showing off the avatars you have earned, ABSOLUTELY there is.  Go to "Community" then click on "neoboards".  Then you will see neoboard index, smilies, preferences. Click on preferences.  You will see your current avatar and a drop down menu to change your avatar.  After you choose which avatar you want to display, scroll down to the bottom and click submit.  You are all set.  You can show off your shiny new avatar:happydance:.  Good luck to you.

Yup. If you want a goal, stamps and avatars are a good bet. Like they all said: 2 birds with one stone.

Showing off is easy, not only can you pick and change your avatar as much as you want, it's also displayed on your user lookup how many you have. And the stamps have an album others can view.

Having a strong pet can be good too, so you could train one of your pets. Again, this is available for others to see, so putting some money in a strong pet (with whom in turn you can fight strong opponents in the battle dome and earn nice and/or expensive stuff to sell) could be a nice goal too.

You could also decide on a gallery and even try to win the gallery contest. You'll even get in the news if you win! That's a huge spotlight! And if you're good at playing the games, you can try and collect trophies for your user-lookup.

Or you just try it all like me, you don't have to have just one goal and you can take your time getting were you want. :P

I agree with @neo_girl_300993. I wish that there was a way to view someone else's avatar collection the same way that you can view their stamp collection. I would like to be able to scroll through other people's avatar list to see how awesome they are. I know that you can change your avatar on the neoboards, but that it only one avatar at a time and no one knows what other wonderful accomplishments you have made through the years. I want an Avatar Album!

Yeah @babayaga67 that's what I mean as well, an album would be so nice! Especially since there's such a difference between avatars and how hard it is to get them. But it is still really satisfying to know that you got a certain, difficult to get avatar.

An update: Finding it super hard to depart with my dear earned neopoints so collecting stamps is going slow :P But I'm working on the avatars that are cheapish to get at the moment.

I feel the same way :P I'll make a big purchase (sizable percentage of my total NP) and immediately regret it. I just solve that buy not spending much :laugh: 

Also, if I may ask, how did you acquire that much NP? Currently I just do dailies and food club, and while it pays, it gets me nowhere near 50 million. I might expand into restocking and stock market though.

Well I spent years playing alot of the games almost daily, beginning at like age 10 or something. Then at some point I started investing in the stock market and that has been my main income ever since. 

Wow that's a lot of games! :P 

It seems there is big money in stocks so I think i'm going to use my food club earnings (have a couple million) and invest some of it into the stocks. My goal is to upgrade to a great battledome set. My eyes are set on a ghostkerbomb, freezer, and maybe thyora's tear :happydance:!