Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Mouseykins

Wraith Resurgence: The Infirmary Part 5

Recommended Posts

The Hulking Wraith has been knocked out of the Skeith and now it's time to heal him! Head to the Infirmary and use Taelias Concoction VIII & Taelias Concoction IX to heal him back to health!

Taelias Concoction VIIITaelias Concoction IX

GUIDE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask, did anyone uh, err, um, how do I say this, um,  unthinkingly, give the skeith potion IX instead of all VIII? I mean, unless there is some benefit for giving both, why would anyone waste extra items? You could use 2 wraith blood, 1 fang OR 2 wraith blood, 1 fang, and 1 claw.  Why in the world would we give him potions that require MORE ingredients than necessary?  I didn't give any potion IX.  Did anyone else? and if so, why? What was your thinking or strategy for doing so?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Can I ask, did anyone uh, err, um, how do I say this, um,  unthinkingly, give the skeith potion IX instead of all VIII? I mean, unless there is some benefit for giving both, why would anyone waste extra items? You could use 2 wraith blood, 1 fang OR 2 wraith blood, 1 fang, and 1 claw.  Why in the world would we give him potions that require MORE ingredients than necessary?  I didn't give any potion IX.  Did anyone else? and if so, why? What was your thinking or strategy for doing so?   

Some people think the achievement "One of Every Kind" will be unlocked if you used at least one of each potion during the infirmary step. Of course, this is just a theory, but it's a pretty sensible one if you ask me. We'll know if it's true once we get to use Concoction X on the next patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Can I ask, did anyone uh, err, um, how do I say this, um,  unthinkingly, give the skeith potion IX instead of all VIII? I mean, unless there is some benefit for giving both, why would anyone waste extra items? You could use 2 wraith blood, 1 fang OR 2 wraith blood, 1 fang, and 1 claw.  Why in the world would we give him potions that require MORE ingredients than necessary?  I didn't give any potion IX.  Did anyone else? and if so, why? What was your thinking or strategy for doing so?   

In addition to what Hanso said, you should already have a Concoction IX because there was an achievement for brewing it. You already used up the items, and the concoction is no trade, so you might as well use what you already have, rather than using up even more items to make another Concoction VIII. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Can I ask, did anyone uh, err, um, how do I say this, um,  unthinkingly, give the skeith potion IX instead of all VIII? I mean, unless there is some benefit for giving both, why would anyone waste extra items? You could use 2 wraith blood, 1 fang OR 2 wraith blood, 1 fang, and 1 claw.  Why in the world would we give him potions that require MORE ingredients than necessary?  I didn't give any potion IX.  Did anyone else? and if so, why? What was your thinking or strategy for doing so?   

i thought you only got the achievements for the infirmary by giving all kinds of potions ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use 3 of each on him, because thinking isn't my best ability these days. The fact that it mean using more ingredients didn't even register for me. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave him both kinds too (and forgot about the one I previously made and was sitting in my sdb) just in case we're right and the unlocked achievement will be rewarded when all 10 potions have been donated. I went ahead and gave him the one from my sdb too, not much to do with it otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just gave the Skeith the potions (3 of each, even though I knew that cost me more ingredients), but reading the dialogue at the bottom of the infirmary page made it sound like Malum has already been defeated and is currently in the hospital. (They keep talking about a Lupe, who said 'you've got the wrong guy' after being defeated.) I would've expcted dialogue about the Skeith, not about the pet that isn't actually in the infirmary yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, hold on a sec.  I like the idea of the thought that "one of each kind" may require that you give you give each potion, but where are you guys getting these extra potions sitting in your SDB?  I realize we had to brew one of number IX, but we also had to use one to clear the fog, right? I don't have extras sitting in my SDB. Can you explain.  Maybe I am missing something.  All of the potions I brewed for the potion brewing achievements, I used to clear the fog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Ok, hold on a sec.  I like the idea of the thought that "one of each kind" may require that you give you give each potion, but where are you guys getting these extra potions sitting in your SDB?  I realize we had to brew one of number IX, but we also had to use one to clear the fog, right? I don't have extras sitting in my SDB. Can you explain.  Maybe I am missing something.  All of the potions I brewed for the potion brewing achievements, I used to clear the fog.

Oh good, I thought it was just me who didn't have any extra potions just lying around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I completely forgot about using one to clear the fog, but you guys are right. Maybe I accidentally made an extra then, back when the last brewing step was released. This stuff has been dragging on so long, I can't remember when I did what x.x In any case, I had a ready-made potion in my SDB, so that's what I used ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I only gave one of potion IX though, and the other five were potion VIII since, as was pointed out, that costs fewer ingredients. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why I had one too, maybe I messed up and made one too many around the time of the haze? Maybe I was tired and thought it would be nice to have a spare? I don't know how my brain works at times :P

I just never checked my sdb when he came in to the infirmary but gave it to him now, no need to have spare ones laying around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nielo said:

Oh good, I thought it was just me who didn't have any extra potions just lying around.

Nope, LOL. You are not the only one.  I thought I was asking a stupid question but I am never afraid to do that because I feel, If I have that question, there are probably others who do as well. That's not always the case, sometimes it's just me being stupid. Lol.

19 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Hmm I completely forgot about using one to clear the fog, but you guys are right. Maybe I accidentally made an extra then, back when the last brewing step was released. This stuff has been dragging on so long, I can't remember when I did what x.x In any case, I had a ready-made potion in my SDB, so that's what I used ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I only gave one of potion IX though, and the other five were potion VIII since, as was pointed out, that costs fewer ingredients. 

I know there were times where I made extras of some of the potions for some reason.  Thinking I might need them for something.  As it turned out, I did need them. I found them in my SDB later on so I used them as EXTRAS to give to the patients.  I broke down and did give 1 of the potion IX because, if "one of each kind" does require it, I don't want to be left out in the dust.  I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but that one says, "where you an alchemist in a previous AVATAR by any chance." That leads me to believe the prize is an avatar and I don't want to miss out on it.

4 hours ago, Duma said:

I don't know why I had one too, maybe I messed up and made one too many around the time of the haze? Maybe I was tired and thought it would be nice to have a spare? I don't know how my brain works at times :P

I just never checked my sdb when he came in to the infirmary but gave it to him now, no need to have spare ones laying around.

Yes, same here. I had a few spares of the earlier ones because, well, because I don't know why.  LOL. But as the plot went on and I became MORE AWARE of how things worked, I didn't make extras as I was more careful with not wasting ingredients. I think in the beginning I wasn't quite sure about things and extras got made and saved, just in case.  Later on I realized, if I need them, I can always make them later.  But you are correct, no need to have spares lying around. :huh::shiftyeyes_anim:err, uh, hopefully.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I broke down and did give 1 of the potion IX because, if "one of each kind" does require it, I don't want to be left out in the dust.  I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but that one says, "where you an alchemist in a previous AVATAR by any chance." That leads me to believe the prize is an avatar and I don't want to miss out on it.

Looks like you were right! I just gave Malum his potions and got the avatar. Hope you all did too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha! So now to melt my brain trying to make one of each, if I have the ingredients, lol.

His artwork in the infirmary's good, I feel very sorry for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×