Changes on the way for Charity Corner

jellysundae

Scrappy's got this to say in the latest editorial:

so I was hoping you could tell us if we can expect another round of Daily Dare or Charity Corner in the near future?
So, I'm glad you brought this up as I wanted to give you guys an update on Charity Corner! It took a little longer than expected to reach a solution that we all agreed on! As I mentioned before, we wanted to make sure if we were to change anything it was still fair and beneficial for everyone! I think we have finally reached a solution we can all agree on so you can expect to see one in the near future!!

I wonder what they're going to do differently!

Anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped, lol.

And "near future", hmmm . . . we shall see how "near" that turns out to be. :ph34r:

Yes, been wondering all week what they were going to do...  Maybe a cap? Less chance of r99s? Wish they'd leave it as is! I assume it won't be until after the plot and possibly tied into helping Faerieland recover?

I like the way the charity corner has worked in the past because I kind of compulsively hoard all the stuff I end up with just doing dailies and various things around neopets, so it's a good way to clear a little room in the old SDB. I'm open to change though, I'd love to see a new charity corner soon.

Wouldn't it be cool if Granny decided to help with the war effort or something and asked us to donate battledome weapons/items? I have way too much of that stuff.

This is probably WAY too optimistic of me, but I'm hoping that they may be releasing a few (and I do mean a very, VERY few) of those ultra-rare stamps, like Coltzan Stamp and other R101s/retired stamps. Just to reduce the value to something that's somewhat reasonable, since the few currently in existence are going for prices like 250 million+ neopoints. I would hate for them to release too many that the value completely plummets, because I wouldn't want to devalue the hard work of everyone who saved up for those stamps, but I think it would be nice if they were still achievable for other players too, especially the ones that go in avatar albums. 

But this is probably just a pipe dream of mine, so I'll keep my expectations low. 

So many of us are hoping for Granny wanting BD equipment, and we did decide before that an amnesty would be a very acceptable reason for Granny wanting them.

I had a conversation on the boards about this, I came up with a scenario for the use of weapons that I think's totally plausible; they want the weapons to melt them down so they can build a bridge  across to that big uninhabited island in the middle there (and the 3 little ones on the way), thus giving TNT the means to introduce a new environment, new pets and so much more!

O2W61Uh.png

Oh, I'm hoping they don't do anything with r.101 stuff. Because to give that as prizes you've need to donate that stuff, right? I . . . my mind boggles at the thought of that to be honest. :axehead: I don't think CC would be a good platform to use for getting more of the really rare stamps into the system.

HAH, knowing JS, they'd do something stupendously dumb, like give one away as the answer to the daily question or something. facepalm.gif And THEN, not update it for days either . . .