Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Aquamentis12

Fiendish Formations- Let's help each other out.

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, I thought with how Fiendish Formations changes, it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to those changes, to help others out with tips or advice, even just a "heads up" about some change between days. So I noticed that Fiendish Formations finally says it's Day 3, I tried for the Day 3 achievement prize. Managed the prize, a book called " Enchanted Map of Neopia ", but the Wraith Assassin, is a NEW twist in Day 3, and ANNOYING.

So here's what I've got on the little nuisance. On your green side of the field in EACH level, the Wraith assassin can be found (in Day 3). There's a counter in his icon, and when it reaches zero, he assassinates one of your placed units. Then the counter counts down again. Place your pieces quickly. I don't know if you lose points when a unit is assassinated, but it will at least eat into your time bonus placing another unit there.
For today, the units we place seem to be just axes and arrows, no cannons. Not yet anyway. Good luck!! And remember, you can replay to get a better score if you don't reach a day's requirement met. Day 3's achievement requirement is 2000 points. I managed 2,444 having to replace a few units on some levels, so it's definitely doable even if you mess up a bit! Good luck! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely achievable.

My strategy was just to ignore the assassin and if he annihilated one of my placed pieces I just quickly replaced it. I managed to get required points first try. So don't stress about him or check his timer or anything because that will just slow you down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with lojoco49 on this one.  At least for today's. I made MANY mistakes and my score was 3140.  I have no idea how. Lol.  So don't worry about the assassin today. It will probably get harder as time goes on though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was sick and missed day two (although I could of sword I did it)... I'm guessing I'm not going to get the prize for clearing all the areas the day they were attacked, which is going to really bum me out if it's a stamp or something. They really need to give people some slack on these things. Things happen :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

So I was sick and missed day two (although I could of sword I did it)... I'm guessing I'm not going to get the prize for clearing all the areas the day they were attacked, which is going to really bum me out if it's a stamp or something. They really need to give people some slack on these things. Things happen :(

Fairly sure you can still complete it. A friend of mine did days 1, 2 and 3 all today and received all achievement prizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Fairly sure you can still complete it. A friend of mine did days 1, 2 and 3 all today and received all achievement prizes.

But there's an achievement for completing 4 battles on release day and for completing all 8 battles on release day.

@Musical_Shoyru maybe some generous Neopian will help you out if it's a stamp or other collectable. All hope is not lost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

But there's an achievement for completing 4 battles on release day and for completing all 8 battles on release day.

@Musical_Shoyru maybe some generous Neopian will help you out if it's a stamp or other collectable. All hope is not lost!

Oh, I see.

Haha, you can tell I'm still very new to this type of site event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

But there's an achievement for completing 4 battles on release day and for completing all 8 battles on release day.

@Musical_Shoyru maybe some generous Neopian will help you out if it's a stamp or other collectable. All hope is not lost!

Possibly, from my experience the prizes where you login everyday or are harder to get will be worth more. I'm sure I could get it later on whatever it is (if it's even anything HUGE) I'm more worried about prize shop points and such. Thanks though haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, etrnldarkness said:

Question: Anyone know why days 2 and 3 have checkmarks, but not day one? Is it because I did day 1 on day 2?

Yes, you only get a checkmark if you completed it on the day of release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So new question, but for the prize shop I have completed almost all the goals, (not the last lock picker because I spent a few hours and wasn't able to and beating Malum on hard) and donated about 6-8 potions per sick pet.  I realize I could of done more but I am just swamped with school this semester.  Is that enough to get decent prizes?  I haven't really done an event like this before :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, emily_speck_15 said:

So new question, but for the prize shop I have completed almost all the goals, (not the last lock picker because I spent a few hours and wasn't able to and beating Malum on hard) and donated about 6-8 potions per sick pet.  I realize I could of done more but I am just swamped with school this semester.  Is that enough to get decent prizes?  I haven't really done an event like this before :)

I think that's hard to say at this point, as I think it differs per plot. I'm not even 100% sure there will be a prize shop. (I mean, it seems likely, but seeing as we're also getting a lot of achievement prizes, there might just be a pop-up with a set of prizes, like with the Games Master Challenge, or the Altador Plot.)

It sounds like you've done most things, so that's good, and no one is even certain if donating more potions will count for anything (it was implied, but it may have just been phrased awkwardly), but I think we'll just have to wait and see how this plot will turn out, to know what kind of prizes we'll get. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Angeló said:

Day 3 : also you can restart as many times as you want and it just restarts the level you're on and you keep your previous points 

Now I feel dumb for starting the game all over again so many times :arrowhead: Thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nielo said:

I think that's hard to say at this point, as I think it differs per plot. I'm not even 100% sure there will be a prize shop. (I mean, it seems likely, but seeing as we're also getting a lot of achievement prizes, there might just be a pop-up with a set of prizes, like with the Games Master Challenge, or the Altador Plot.)

It sounds like you've done most things, so that's good, and no one is even certain if donating more potions will count for anything (it was implied, but it may have just been phrased awkwardly), but I think we'll just have to wait and see how this plot will turn out, to know what kind of prizes we'll get. :)

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a prize shop with some of the achievements we've had to do that don't give out prizes, such as clearing the haze and some of the Battledome things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a prize shop with some of the achievements we've had to do that don't give out prizes, such as clearing the haze and some of the Battledome things.

I think it's likely as well, but you never know with TNT. ;)

As for day 4:

- Ignore the Wraith icon with the black symbol (I think I only saw black arrows); it's a decoy. Pretend it's not there.

- All three symbols are needed today.

- While I didn't pay much attention to the timer on the Wraith, it seemed to be attacking quicker than yesterday.

- As @Angeló said: restart a level if you're taking too much time. I restarted a lot of levels, and my score ended up being over 3000. (It's actually kind of weird: restarting (a lot) will pretty much guarantee you'll get a higher score. I'm... getting kind of confused by how scoring works in this game. The game itself keeps getting harder, but my scores keep getting higher (compared to the score needed for the achievement).)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day four is tricky but ignore the decoy black arrows and stay calm. Took me 40 mins and I was shocked to see how long it took; felt more like ten as I was concentrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, charelan said:

It's making me crazy. My laptop screen just isn't big enough. I think I need to go to my bfs desktop, ugh... 

Can't you zoom out? I used the ctrl and scroll with mouse button method to reduce things by 60% or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg, this is an absolute joke. I don't have enough time to figure out where it all goes before that wraith takes it away and I have to figure out what is missing, and then he takes even more away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it helped if I instantly replaced the one he zapped then went back to filling in the ones I hadn't done. And restarting and keeping the points for the completed levels was a godsend. I didn't realize it was doing it; thought I was starting from scratch but I wasn't. So don't be afraid to restart; better that than have a low-scoring round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

I found it helped if I instantly replaced the one he zapped then went back to filling in the ones I hadn't done. And restarting and keeping the points for the completed levels was a godsend. I didn't realize it was doing it; thought I was starting from scratch but I wasn't. So don't be afraid to restart; better that than have a low-scoring round.

I got there in the end. I really hope just restarting the round and not the whole thing is supposed to happen. I'm not sure if I could do it otherwise.. :/
I'm off to relax and watch Taken 3, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, charelan said:

It's making me crazy. My laptop screen just isn't big enough. I think I need to go to my bfs desktop, ugh... 

I had the same problem! and in firefox resizing it with ctrl- didn't work. I tried Chrome and the game itself actually got smaller making it possible to play and get the score needed for the achievement.

The timer is going faster for sure. Yesterday he couldn't destroy any of my icons before I had everything set up. Today lots of times. I just continue where I was and watch what he destroys, once I had the most of them set up I replaced the one or two that got destroyed. If he destroys one where I was placing I'll place it back right away though.

The black arrow was annoying for sure. I think I restarted the whole game 4 times before I went and checked out the instructions realizing it was a decoy... Once I ignored it I got 3100 on my first try and 3226 when I tried again.

 

don't forget to claim your prize for 4 days on day of release if you played a level every day!

you get: Fiendish Formations Coin image.png.5c795adbabf94136ed94f60958362c86.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im still on the first level

whenever he destroys one of my pieces and i replace it the game isn't moving forward !!!

there are green skulls coming out of that square and it's not accepting the replacement !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×