Fiendish Formations- Let's help each other out.

Aquamentis12

47 minutes ago, Duma said:

I had the same problem! and in firefox resizing it with ctrl- didn't work. I tried Chrome and the game itself actually got smaller making it possible to play and get the score needed for the achievement.

For future reference, if ctrl - or ctrl scrolling isn't working in Firefox, you can always click on the Menu in the top right corner: Menu_icon.png and adjust the zoom from there.

ugggggggh i managed somehow to play it on my phone 

and i got the score after restarting 100000 times 

but suddenly spacing and mirroring is a problem for me

my head started spinning and i would totally mix the tiles up with so much strain on my eyes 

those tiles towards the end of the screen (row 5) are so confusing and annoying 

Really a challenging one today!! I certainly recommend what others have said about restarting levels because you often get an easier board to contend with - that's what I found anyway.

Assassin is most definitely quicker today.

Don't lose heart people! You can do it!!! (I'm talking to you @jellysundae :wink:)

2 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

You can do it!!! (I'm talking to you @jellysundae :wink:)

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence, but no I really can't. >_< Because of my MS my brain's processing speeds are about on par with an old computer running on Windows 95. To be honest, everything about this game is things that my brain struggles mightily with, so I'm just happy that I got gold on Days 1 and 3. I'll try all the days, but I'll know quickly each time when to give up, lol.

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence, but no I really can't. >_< Because of my MS my brain's processing speeds are about on par with an old computer running on Windows 95. To be honest, everything about this game is things that my brain struggles mightily with, so I'm just happy that I got gold on Days 1 and 3. I'll try all the days, but I'll know quickly each time when to give up, lol.

Oh sorry, I didn't know about your MS! Keep up the good work :D

13 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Oh sorry, I didn't know about your MS! Keep up the good work :D

Thank you :3 With anything like this I always try decently, but I'm well aware that I'm very unlikely to be able to do everything. But that's cool, i just do what I can and still enjoy myself. :D

Oh, boy, is this getting rough! Took me several tries to get 2800 or higher! My head is spining! Thanks @jellysundae for the resizing tip. Reducing Firefox's zoom to 80% helped. It seems silly, but tilting my head sideways to help see the "mirror image", kinda helped. I think the next 4 days are going to be challenging!

@Angeló did you get it to work? That's really strange.

I really do not like this game. There's too much noise and I can't turn it off without muting my computer and it's all too quick and overwhelming. I've somehow been getting the scores so far, but every day it's worse. Also, there's only a few hours to complete the game on time each day which I'm finding frustrating, we're not all in the US!

4 minutes ago, ranga_muffin said:

I really do not like this game. There's too much noise and I can't turn it off without muting my computer and it's all too quick and overwhelming. I've somehow been getting the scores so far, but every day it's worse. Also, there's only a few hours to complete the game on time each day which I'm finding frustrating, we're not all in the US!

Do you not have the option on your browser to mute just the tab the game's open in? It's what I've been doing on Firefox.

1 hour ago, ranga_muffin said:

i did get it to work but on my phone and the screen is too small it's straining my eyes too much

the game is so slow on my laptop (Chrome) that when a tile gets attacked it takes forever for it to clear so i can replace it

The game is putting way too much stress on my Mac... When I have the game running, my Macbook's fan kicks up into it's highest speed and is super loud. Anyone know how to decrease the quality a bit? 

8 hours ago, Nielo said:

For future reference, if ctrl - or ctrl scrolling isn't working in Firefox, you can always click on the Menu in the top right corner: Menu_icon.png and adjust the zoom from there.

I tried that today, but it's not working for me. All the text is getting smaller (user name, logout, NP, Back to headquarters button) but the game itself stays the same size. In Chrome the game itself was getting smaller.

WOW! After reading everyone's comments I was hesitant to tackle today's. The game glitched on me as the clock rolled over and I have no idea what I scored, but I got the achievement score and both prizes! :D

2 hours ago, Duma said:

I tried that today, but it's not working for me. All the text is getting smaller (user name, logout, NP, Back to headquarters button) but the game itself stays the same size. In Chrome the game itself was getting smaller.

That's weird. How about the rest of the page? For me the entire thing just shrinks and there's a lot of grey space at the sides. (See screenshots; top is 100%, bottom pic is the exact same screen at 50%.)

I googled around a bit, and found this question, which sounds a bit like your problem. The given solution is to tap F10 to bring up the hidden menu bar at the top of the screen, go to view -> zoom -> check if 'zoom text only' isn't checked. (And uncheck if it is. ;))

FF_100_percent.jpg

FF_50_percent.jpg

2 hours ago, BEE. said:

I can confirm that it can also be done in Chrome. Just right click and click mute tab, on the tab you want to mute

Nice, good to know it can do done in Chrome too.  :D

On Firefox if there's sound in the tab a speaker icon shows up on the tab itself so you just click on that, no need for right-clicking.

18 hours ago, Nielo said:

I'm... getting kind of confused by how scoring works in this game. The game itself keeps getting harder, but my scores keep getting higher (compared to the score needed for the achievement).)

I noticed the same thing when I was playing. I think it's because the time we have to complete each level has increased, meaning we're getting larger time bonuses on each level, which add up pretty quickly. 

5 hours ago, Nielo said:

That's weird. How about the rest of the page? For me the entire thing just shrinks and there's a lot of grey space at the sides. (See screenshots; top is 100%, bottom pic is the exact same screen at 50%.)

I googled around a bit, and found this question, which sounds a bit like your problem. The given solution is to tap F10 to bring up the hidden menu bar at the top of the screen, go to view -> zoom -> check if 'zoom text only' isn't checked. (And uncheck if it is. ;))

Reveal hidden contents

FF_100_percent.jpg

FF_50_percent.jpg

The menu bar is never hidden for me (I hate it when it's not there lol) but I didn't know there was a Zoom option in View. The Zoom Text Only was checked so I've unchecked it now. Thank you so much!

13 minutes ago, Duma said:

The menu bar is never hidden for me (I hate it when it's not there lol) but I didn't know there was a Zoom option in View. The Zoom Text Only was checked so I've unchecked it now. Thank you so much!

I don't like to hide the menu bar either, glad I'm not the only one!

I was using the zoom in View initially, but I find the ctrl and mouse option less of a faff. Well, apart from always scrolling the wrong way first and making things MASSIVE.

:ph34r::laugh:

So, this game may be a bit of a pain, but, a nice lot of us are  learning some handy dandy PC tricks because of it, so yay. :D

Yeah, he was really going at it today. I didn't notice anything different from yesterday though. The hardest part is figuring out what you need to replace after he eats one of your pieces. Although one time, he did me the favor of eating one that I had put in the wrong place to begin with xD

6 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Yeah, he was really going at it today. I didn't notice anything different from yesterday though. The hardest part is figuring out what you need to replace after he eats one of your pieces. Although one time, he did me the favor of eating one that I had put in the wrong place to begin with xD

Hahaha! He just did that to me too! It'll probably be the only time I like him :biggrin:

the hint about the wraith's counter not starting until you make your first move really helps. I've managed to get almost 4k points on day 5 without having to restart any levels either