Battledome: New Survey Released

hrtbrk

Ok, dumbo me needs things explaining :blush02:

Can someone explain this question for me.

3. How important is this to you? Hit Points should increase based on the difficulty of your opponent!

What?

Who's hit points? I mean, the harder opponents DO have higher HP, so I'm entirely confused by this question. Obviously I'm just not comprehending this, halp.

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

What?

Who's hit points? I mean, the harder opponents DO have higher HP, so I'm entirely confused by this question. Obviously I'm just not comprehending this, halp.

obviously a dumb question with a more-than-obvious answer

1 minute ago, Angeló said:

obviously a dumb question with a more-than-obvious answer

Angelo, my sweet, that's not helpful to me at all. xD What are you saying? This kind of issue for me, when I can't understand something, I need to have it explained to me like I'm four years old, basically. :blush02:

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Angelo, my sweet, that's not helpful to me at all. xD What are you saying? This kind of issue for me, when I can't understand something, I need to have it explained to me like I'm four years old, basically. :blush02:

they're asking if the harder the opponent is , the more HP they should have

which is an obvious yes

so the question itself is pointless

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

they're asking if the harder the opponent is , the more HP they should have

which is an obvious yes

so the question itself is pointless

So really I'm not actually not understanding, it IS a totally redundant question.

Now I'm assuming these questions have been put together from gripes that are voiced the most on the boards, so do some people think HP shouldn't increase? :arrowhead:

24 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

What?

I think they worded that question very poorly. You see, people in the Battledome chat have been asking TNT/JS for years to add a 4th difficulty to the battledome, a difficulty that increases your opponent's HP every time you beat them. This is how the Battledome worked in the past, but this HP increase system was replaced when the battledome was revamped, and now we just have three "static" difficulties.

Just to clarify: battlers don't want to replace the new system with the old one, they want to have them both, as in, they want the HP increase system to be optional.

The problem is that JS doesn't really explain this in the survey... and what's worrying players the most is that maybe the staff will get rid of the new difficulty system when no one actually wants that.

8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So really I'm not actually not understanding, it IS a totally redundant question.

Now I'm assuming these questions have been put together from gripes that are voiced the most on the boards, so do some people think HP shouldn't increase? :arrowhead:

indeed. lots of people on the boards complain about the difficulty of opponents when their HP increase ..

but then whats the point of increasing difficulty other than making them more challenging and/or more rewarding for the more seasoned BD pets ?

EDIT : 

Hanso explained it better .. I totally forgot about the old HP system !!!!

3 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I think they worded that question very poorly. You see, people in the Battledome chat have been asking TNT/JS for years to add a 4th difficulty to the battledome, a difficulty that increases your opponent's HP every time you beat them. This is how the Battledome worked in the past, but the HP increase system was replaced when the battledome was revamped, and now we just have three "static" difficulties.

Just to clarify: battlers don't want to replace the new system with the old one, they want to have them both, as in, they want the HP increase system to be optional.

The problem is that JS doesn't really explain this in the survey... and what's worrying players the most is that maybe the staff will get rid of the new difficulty system when no one actually wants that.

AH! Light dawns!  Yes, now a 4th option like that would definitely. . .

NO NO NO JELLY!!

OMG, what WAS I just about to say . . . you'll laugh . . . I was just thinking that a fourth option like that would . . . please everyone

'scuse me while I laugh myself into a hernia :arrowhead: what was I thinking?! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Angeló said:

indeed. lots of people on the boards complain about the difficulty of opponents when their HP increase ..

but then whats the point of increasing difficulty other than making them more challenging and/or more rewarding for the more seasoned BD pets ?

LOL, yeah, read what I said above :rolleyes: the poor little precious snowflakes, crying because they can't beat everyone.

Introducing that 4th tier would please everyone, apart from the precious snowflakes. :ph34r:

GAH! I was JUST about to post this in the Battledpedia/Battledome chat. Because I only just found it when I went to the BD. lol Good thing I checked here first, just in case. lol

Definitely an interesting survey and VERY worthwhile to be able to give TNT our thoughts on the future of the Battledome! I just completed the survey. I hope they focus on the stealing/reflecting glitch first. ;) Would be USEFUL when the final Wraith BOSS appears, for everyone with a stealing item. XD

I hope this current system with static HP stays! Along side another system is fine, but I want to be able to collect my daily codestones, without him getting too many HP :P

I would like them to focus on bringing back DoN! I want to update my trophy too!

There's also something else I would like to see: Do something with the win/loss ratio! Get some sort of point system (harder opponents/difficulty give more points when beaten) Then have x points can be "exchanged"  into training. Either give us an option where we can say: I want to add 1 point to Strength, or HP, or ... Or have it so that it can be "exchanged" to time, so that a training session won't take so long. To me a winning battle (should) give experience.

But I love the new battledome system a lot more than the old, so I might be one of the few veterans who doesn't want to much brought back from the old system. :P

1 hour ago, Duma said:

There's also something else I would like to see: Do something with the win/loss ratio! Get some sort of point system (harder opponents/difficulty give more points when beaten) Then have x points can be "exchanged"  into training. Either give us an option where we can say: I want to add 1 point to Strength, or HP, or ... Or have it so that it can be "exchanged" to time, so that a training session won't take so long. To me a winning battle (should) give experience.

I agree with the experience thing. I added a comment to my survey along the same lines, but your idea of 'exchanging' is even better!!

3 hours ago, Duma said:

1 hour ago, charelan said:

I agree with the experience thing. I added a comment to my survey along the same lines, but your idea of 'exchanging' is even better!!

Ooh, I like this idea! Getting experience from battling really does makes sense to me, so I'll be adding this as my comment as well. :)

17 hours ago, Emily said:

Was it only available for a day? It's telling me the survey is closed hahaha

Yes, it was only there for a short time. Not sure why they didn't leave it open for a week. Maybe they want to get started?

Oops, I forgot to comment back when this thread originally started, but I just wanted to point out HOW BADLY DESIGNED that survey was. Did anyone else notice how the question style changed halfway through? And they were all worded so confusingly...like, did a twelve-year-old put that together? What the heck? I can't imagine they're going to get a lot of useable information from anything other than the open comment box at the end...