Yay for my Bob Ross Lenny getting first place in the Customization Spotlight!

FreakyBowie

My Bob Ross-lookin' Lenny won first place in the neopoints Customization Spotlight! Man, I feel like I've really made it. My geek heart is bursting. My boyfriend looked at me like I was crazy, but I knew you guys would understand.

Today I went to enter my neopets in the Customization Spotlight (as I do sometimes on an arbitrary basis), and it told me I couldn't enter my Lenny because he had won within the past 2 months. *Huh?!* I thought. I checked the results, and lo and behold. They didn't send me a Neomail notification about it, and I have no idea how much I won, but I'm jazzed! The little fellow is even in the news. Yippee!

medium_preview.png

congrats :)

it's such a nice feeling isn't it ?

i have one trophy of each color (bronze silver gold) 

they don't send a neomail and you don't win any NP .. just a nifty little trophy on your pet's lookup :)

Oh well done! That's a great customisation. I had no idea who Bob Ross was, but the swiftest look on Google lets me know you totally nailed it, congrats!

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh well done! That's a great customisation. I had no idea who Bob Ross was, but the swiftest look on Google lets me know you totally nailed it, congrats!

I didn`t have a clue either, suppose he never crossed the pond  lol.

That is a very neat piece of work, FreakyBowie, well deserved trophy!

46 minutes ago, acorah said:

I didn`t have a clue either, suppose he never crossed the pond  lol.

That is a very neat piece of work, FreakyBowie, well deserved trophy!

Bob Ross never made it to the UK? :whaa: He's pretty well-known in Holland. I remember seeing his show on TV when I was little, and he's one of those people you can reference in a conversation and everybody just knows who they are. 

Great custom @FreakyBowie, and a very well-deserved first place!

9 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Bob Ross never made it to the UK? :whaa: He's pretty well-known in Holland. I remember seeing his show on TV when I was little, and he's one of those people you can reference in a conversation and everybody just knows who they are. 

Great custom @FreakyBowie, and a very well-deserved first place!

He certainly didn't seem to, it was Rolf Harris and Tony hart doing the kid's art shows on TV when I was a kid.

8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

He certainly didn't seem to, it was Rolf Harris and Tony hart doing the kid's art shows on TV when I was a kid.

I don't think his show was specifically for kids, it was just that it was on a lot in the early 90s, when I happened to be a kid. :)

It's interesting though; I thought for sure that Bob Ross was one of those people who was just famous pretty much everywhere, considering how much of an icon he is even in Holland.

8 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I don't think his show was specifically for kids, it was just that it was on a lot in the early 90s, when I happened to be a kid. :)

It's interesting though; I thought for sure that Bob Ross was one of those people who was just famous pretty much everywhere, considering how much of an icon he is even in Holland.

I'm pretty intrigued now as to the reason behind why he wasn't know over here!

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm pretty intrigued now as to the reason behind why he wasn't know over here!

I know, me too!

I think his entire show The Joy of Painting is on YouTube, in case you want to check it out. (And after you've watched him paint happy little trees for an episode, you can read about how he was in the army, but he hated yelling at people). :D

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

i knew it was Bob Ross inspired customization and it's very spot on ...

but the Lenny's name (Lennon) made me think ... will you ever customize him as John Lennon ? 

I have no idea why I haven't tried that, but challenge accepted! John had so many different looks, so I think it's definitely doable.  

Also, thanks for all the love, everyone! 

21 hours ago, FreakyBowie said:

Here you go, @Angeló! Had to go with hippie, "bed-in" era John.  I'll keep him as Bob Ross for a while, but will definitely do this ensemble!

medium_preview.png

He looks like Lady Gaga Lenny with that coat on.  lol.  But spot on with the Bob Ross one. I could tell as soon as I saw him.  I loved watching him when I was younger.  Great job.

@rntracy1 Yeah, I know :( I was stuck on wanting to give him a jacket, and I also limited myself to neopoint items. That one seemed the most rock star hippie, but I see what you mean. I had hoped there was a denim jacket, but alas. Maybe this is better, haha.

medium_preview.png

14 hours ago, FreakyBowie said:

@rntracy1 Yeah, I know :( I was stuck on wanting to give him a jacket, and I also limited myself to neopoint items. That one seemed the most rock star hippie, but I see what you mean. I had hoped there was a denim jacket, but alas. Maybe this is better, haha.

medium_preview.png

LOL.  The other was good, but THIS one is GREAT!  The pants are FAB. Closest you will get to Bell bottoms. LOL. And the glasses are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO John Lennon!!!!.  I just wish you could see them better.  I know what you mean about being limited to neopoint rather than NC items.  Do you play Qasalan Expellibox every day? It's a long shot, but I have won it a few times.  Plus, a lot of the events give NC.  I'm telling ya, this Wraith Resurgence BEST give us NC. LOL

6 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

And the glasses are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO John Lennon!!!!.  I just wish you could see them better.

Lol, you're not kidding. I'm reading this and thinking "WHAT glasses?! *peers closer* . . . oh," :laugh:

I second the Expellibox comment, I won NC from that twice last year. :D

8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

"WHAT glasses?! *peers closer* . . . oh," :laugh:

Yup! Get your reading glasses on and take a look.  Lol.  Seriously though, I was thinking to myself, he should put those famous John Lennon glasses on the Lenny.  Then I was looking at it and I saw a red circle in the center of his beak and thought,:guitar: "could it be, could it be.......could it be, could it beeeeeee............:whistle:there could be some glasses, ........could it be?"  LMArmsO. Bet they would stand out more if Lenny was another color:eh:

28 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Yup! Get your reading glasses on and take a look.  Lol.  Seriously though, I was thinking to myself, he should put those famous John Lennon glasses on the Lenny.  Then I was looking at it and I saw a red circle in the center of his beak and thought,:guitar: "could it be, could it be.......could it be, could it beeeeeee............:whistle:there could be some glasses, ........could it be?"  LMArmsO. Bet they would stand out more if Lenny was another color:eh:

I take my glasses OFF to read actually. :laugh:

Tough call with the colour, isn't it, as Disco has the perfect psychedelic vibe.

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I take my glasses OFF to read actually. :laugh:

Tough call with the colour, isn't it, as Disco has the perfect psychedelic vibe.

Agreed... Interestingly, I went ahead and looked at glasses options for NC items, none really worked as well as these. I like my Lenny as rainbow for now, but Disco works much better for making the glasses pop out more and for the overall vibe. Still slightly awkward-- the way they sit makes it look like a hippie monocle. The stars can't always align perfectly, I suppose. ^_^

medium_preview.png

21 minutes ago, FreakyBowie said:

Agreed... Interestingly, I went ahead and looked at glasses options for NC items, none really worked as well as these. I like my Lenny as rainbow for now, but Disco works much better for making the glasses pop out more and for the overall vibe. Still slightly awkward-- the way they sit makes it look like a hippie monocle. The stars can't always align perfectly, I suppose. ^_^

medium_preview.png

OH! LOL, well now I see I had yet another MS derp moment, my brain was telling me your Lenny was disco, ofc now I realise it's rainbow, lol. :rolleyes: I've never been keen on the Disco paint jobs because I hate paisley, I'm digging the pink feet there though! The glasses certainly do pop nicely against that colourway as you say.

There needs to be some more glasses options, doesn't there. Normal glasses, not silly novelty things which so many of them are.