New Candy Lutari and Zombie Kougra!

hrtbrk

The sparkly candy's getting a bit samey now, isn't it. Seems quality control in the Lutari candy factory isn't very good either, what happened to the sugar on the tail!

The zombie's better than normal though, it's much more solidly shaded than a lot of them so it doesn't look all faded.

i agree with @jellysundae they found the laziest way to do candy pets and stuck to it (should've just created a Glitter pb) 

and why does the Zombie Kougra have spikes on his tail and ears ? how do you grow spikes in the grave ??

Yeah, I agree with Jelly too. That kind of pattern/texture was cool the first one or two times, but it's getting old fast. Like someone else pointed out recently in another thread, there are SO MANY different kinds of candies. It's a shame that TNT is sticking to this one style when they could just exercise a little creativity and come up with something really unique and cool. 

I hadn't noticed the Kourgra's spikes until @Angeló pointed it out...he looks a little bit like a pineapple, lol. Or like some kind of evil plant. As I believe I mentioned with the last zombie pet they released, I don't like the facial expression. That guy looks way too happy to be undead. He should have more of a blank, BRAAAAAAINS look on his face imo. 

Yeah. I really liked the candy look of the others, even with them just being sugary. But now it kind of feels like they don't know what other kinds of candies they can use. Why not make some of them look marshmallow-y or another lollipop-looking kind like the Candy Kougra. Maybe because there aren't stripes? But... there are so many candies out there! Candy corn! Suckers! Taffy! Chocolate bars! I love sour stuff, but there are other kinds haha.

Zombie Kougra freaks me out, but zombies in general freak me out. 

I guess I have to agree with you Jelly.  There is no innovation, imagination, or inventiveness. The Candy Lutari doesn't stray too far from the Pink pets.  The pants on the Zombie Kougra remind me of the ones on the Halloween Lupe.  lol. I just seems like there is no thought involved. They are just cranking out these new colors.

@Angeló, "how do you grow spikes in the grave ?? " You know, when you stake (spike) a Vampire!  LOL

I love the details on the zombie! It looks very Awakened to me with the vibrancy of his shorts.  Big probs for blending the eyes to match the colour and not just pasting them on top like they did to his poor Lutari friend. That style of Candy still looks hideous in my opinion and they need to stop it ASAP before they continue to ruin an awesome colour on too many pets.

Also, I don't think those are spikes on the kougra tail. They look like an attempt to make him look disheveled but the artist can't draw because the tail and ears are messy.. "messy"...  but the rest of his body is smooth.  :competitive:

I said it in the Zafara topic the other day; the candies are too sparkly / (sour) dusty and not glossy and shiny enough. Or as @jellysundae @kayahtik and @wolfish_willow say: they're getting too generic. Out of all candy pets, four are taffy, glossy and stripey; one is chocolate-like (or whathever the poogle is?) and six are sour candy-ish.

Perhaps they only eat taffies and sour candy at the TnT office...

Zombie looks sort of good; it has a ruffled texture which it nice, but it still looks too happy and too sentient for my taste

20 minutes ago, swirlybits said:

How do I get a candy color pet? And also, how do I get a Lutari? I cannot seem to create one or find a Lutari in the pound or transfer a Lutari to me!

You will need to purchase a Candy Paint Brush. Lutari's are a special Neopet as they cannot be pounded or transferred or they'll disappear. The only way to get one is to create one on Lutari Day, which is April 19th or 20th, or use a Lutari Morphing Potion an already existing pet that you'd like to transform to a Lutari.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:15 PM, kayahtik said:

Yeah, I agree with Jelly too. That kind of pattern/texture was cool the first one or two times, but it's getting old fast. Like someone else pointed out recently in another thread, there are SO MANY different kinds of candies. It's a shame that TNT is sticking to this one style when they could just exercise a little creativity and come up with something really unique and cool. 

I hadn't noticed the Kourgra's spikes until @Angeló pointed it out...he looks a little bit like a pineapple, lol. Or like some kind of evil plant. As I believe I mentioned with the last zombie pet they released, I don't like the facial expression. That guy looks way too happy to be undead. He should have more of a blank, BRAAAAAAINS look on his face imo. 

I think the Chia should be a Gumdrop or something xD That'd be sooooo cool

Also I find his expression a little menacing, almost like an evil smile/smirk.... I mean he eat brains and is smiling/enjoying it, that's pretty dang evil xD

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 5:00 PM, Angeló said:

......why does the Zombie Kougra have spikes on his tail and ears ? how do you grow spikes in the grave ??

Wellllllll....when they go and plant a thorn bush atop of your grave, those thorns're just gonna find the easiest thing they can latch onto...in the Kougra's case, its gonna be his/her wet and matted fur... :D

Edited by Satyrus1
error in spelling

• 6 months later...

The Zombie Kougra looks amazing, so detailed. The facial expression is almost humerous.
The Candy Lutari is sweeet! :D I like the sparkly/glittery Candy pets, I know they`re meant to look like sour candy, I just like the sparkly effect.