taunt the pant devil avatar

yasha

I'm trying to work on some of the avatars again and today I tried to get the "I taunt the pant devil" one. I have one of those dr sloth bath duck weapon thingies that are worth about 2 mil, it was the only item in my inventory, aside from some NC items, I refreshed the page and nothing happened. Do I only get the avatar when the pant devil actually steals the item? or is the avatar itself random as well? or did I actually do something wrong? 

I tried the same thing just now with the Grimoire of Prosperity as well and refreshed several times this time and still nothing. 

This avatar is based on the "Est. Value" of the item that you see in the item description when you click on it from your inventory (screenshot below). The "Est. Value" is pretty much never related to the actual cost of the item. TDN's avatar solutions suggests using 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman or 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs. The Pant Devil doesn't have to actually steal the item, but you will need to refresh your inventory over and over until you get the "something has happened" notification. 

image.png.7c0e8160e8b9cfb8cd002f5e6a9c86ea.png

Both items I tried it with are bought from the hidden tower in faerie land though, so the est. Value for the Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy and Grimoire of Prosperity actually say 2 and 1 million. 

Didn't know I had to keep refreshing though, so thanks! Makes it a whole lot riskier so maybe I will just buy a bunch of other cheaper items that just build up to 5 mil then I guess xD

Uhmm... I wouldn't want to risk it with those items unless you're so rich you won't mind them being stolen for real?

The avatar might show up first, but the Pant Devil might too! You could fill up your inventory with cheap stuff (or pant devil attractors) but I strongly dis-advise to only have those two items in your inventory!

I used the 93 Golden Geraptiku Talismans the other day and got it in probably 4-5 page refreshes. The Pant Devil didn't steal anything when I did it, but I had 94 just in case during refreshing one was taken. It didn't matter since it was near instant. I for that reason wouldn't use expensive items if it's not popping within a few refreshes because I just wouldn't trust it, but if you're ok with losing it as a possibility then by all means. :thumbsup: Good luck!

On 2/16/2018 at 11:36 AM, shoobopper said:

By far the best thing (and the thing I used) were obsidian daggers. They are REALLY cheap in some shops and have a hilariously exaggerated est. price.

wow you're right... I think I'll use those. Are you selling any by any chance? xD I've decided to buy all the ones for 200 NP or less