Anyone ever think about. . ?

GillyTook

How the gross foods aren't all that gross comparatively?  I mean, sure there are blueberry fish pops, and chewed gum ice cream. . . but. . .  then you have items that appear to be made of pets and petpets!  Roasted spyders, grundo toes. . .  I think I'd feel worse making my grundo eat a toe off of one of his poor cousins than I would be making him eat chewed gum ice cream :upsidedown:  

I agree that some of the gross foods don't seem too bad. Then, you have something like ketchup ice cream. The mention of it is enough to turn my stomach.

Haha, great topic xD There's definitely levels of grossness in there, I have to admit that the bacon and egg ice cream  . . . 5428.gifnot sure what's meant to be gross about that, lol. :ph34r:

But a fair amount of the gross food, I can totally see it turning up these days on the food blogs that are trying a bit too hard to be edgy.  :laugh: Tomato cheesecake for example! 57478.gif?476 I can totally see someone trying that sooner or later!

Plus there's the stuff that's already been and gone via Pinterest, Tumblr etc. like the toastie made from cake and frosting . . .59969.gif  that's not gross food surely, not unless you're a very disapproving parent. xD

And, er . . .  3531.gif?508 WHY is a stick of butter listed as gross food.  :huh:

52 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

And, er . . .  3531.gif?508 WHY is a stick of butter listed as gross food.

I think my Rottweiler would have to agree with you there.  For some odd reason, he loves butter.  We have to make sure it is out of his reach.  Lost many a stick of butter to the counter surfing dog. LOL.  I would love to have a video camera set up and see what they are like grabbing food from the counter.  Because they KNOW it's bad!!:sick01: LOL

15 hours ago, BlushedRose said:

Onion and Mustard Pie is one that I thought of almost instantly. Any of the oddly placed condiments are just, ick. :wacko: There's definitely a good list of stuff that should be gross food and vice versa. 

My thoughts EXACTLY.  While playing Food Club, I see foods that I say to myself, this is definitely a gross food, but Nope, it is a vegetable or something like that.  But then, some of the gross foods aren't half bad.  Like, "dirt pie" is NOT a gross food.  Complete with roots and all.  LOL.  Bleck.  Or Gracklebug on a stick.  Mmmmm! Lol.  Not a gross food. But yet, Meat cake is a gross food.  IDK, doesn't seem too far off from meatloaf or meatball.  JMO. 

It could be down to something like whoever wrote the description for a particular item. If whoever's uploading stuff could pick between more than one category for a certain item I'm pretty sure personal preference could come into it.

Just as an example, I'm surprised the scrambled egg on toast that you win from the Chia Clown isn't in the gross food section . . .

5712.gif?592  Eurgh what a foul looking yellow blob...

:laugh:

Thing is, that's in the baked section, which is totally mis-categorised, isn't it, lol.

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Just as an example, I'm surprised the scrambled egg on toast that you win from the Chia Clown isn't in the gross food section . . .

5712.gif?592  Eurgh what a foul looking yellow blob...

To be fair, I've come to realize through the years that some people REALLY don't like eggs.

7 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

To be fair, I've come to realize through the years that some people REALLY don't like eggs.

Yeah, whoever wrote that description definitely didn't. :laugh: