Hi! NP veteran here

slinky332

Hi everyone! I've been playing off and on since like 2001? It's been a while and I feel old now, lol. Back when p. poogle toy was pretty much TDN.

I unfortunately was a dramatic teenager and missed the fun of a lot of plots/avatars because.. well, boys. THEN working in dermatology for years was demanding. Not anymore!! I have 2 kids, and a Marine I need to escape from every once in a while and wine is expensive.

I was really into collecting plushies for a while, now I just need to build up my bank account so I can buy things from the hidden tower. Really not sure what I've spent all my money on hah.

Umm.. I have no neofriends anymore because half of them don't play or got frozen, so.. add me if you feel like it? I don't bite, just eat socks ;)

2 hours ago, slinky332 said:

...a Marine I need to escape from every once in a while and wine is expensive.

...I don't bite, just eat socks ;)

I'm not even sure how those first two things are connected and I'm afraid to ask! :arrowhead: o_O 

So if you promise to be at least HALF this funny in the future, yes, I will be your friend! :laughingsmiley: :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, slinky332 said:

Hi everyone! I've been playing off and on since like 2001? It's been a while and I feel old now, lol. Back when p. poogle toy was pretty much TDN.

I unfortunately was a dramatic teenager and missed the fun of a lot of plots/avatars because.. well, boys. THEN working in dermatology for years was demanding. Not anymore!! I have 2 kids, and a Marine I need to escape from every once in a while and wine is expensive.

I was really into collecting plushies for a while, now I just need to build up my bank account so I can buy things from the hidden tower. Really not sure what I've spent all my money on hah.

Umm.. I have no neofriends anymore because half of them don't play or got frozen, so.. add me if you feel like it? I don't bite, just eat socks ;)

It should be fairly easy to build up your bank account now with Trudy's Surprise Daily.  Just make sure you spin every day.  As long as you don't miss any days, on day 25 you will get 100k, then it starts over again.  Not to mention all the days you get 18,500 or 19k in between.  It adds up fast.  Make sure to play fashion fever every day too, that is an easy 900 nps per day, and of course, the daily crossword puzzle and daily question.  You should be buying those HT items in no time.  Welcome back.

11 hours ago, slinky332 said:

I don't bite, just eat socks ;)

This makes me deeply suspicious . . .

You're not human at all, are you!  :ph34r:

You're quite clearly a washing machine, everyone knows those eat socks.

Welcome to the future guys, THIS is what those Wi-Fi enabled appliances gets up to when you're out of the house. :P

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

This makes me deeply suspicious . . .

You're not human at all, are you!  :ph34r:

You're quite clearly a washing machine, everyone knows those eat socks.

Welcome to the future guys, THIS is what those Wi-Fi enabled appliances gets up to when you're out of the house. :P

I can't add any more likes today, so this will have to do! Funny, Jelly! :laughingsmiley:

12 hours ago, lakecat said:

I can't add any more likes today, so this will have to do! Funny, Jelly! :laughingsmiley:

Haha, you're welcome! xD

You've gotta admit though, what I said could happen . . . give machines brains and they'll get bored, just like we do, no reason why they shouldn't also get to play on Neo to pass the time. :D

Though, if you get home and expect to find the load of laundry that you put on in the morning to now be washed and dried and ready for you to fold and put away, but it's actually not even been started yet because the machine's been procrastinating by playing online all day instead . . . oops. :ph34r:

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, you're welcome! xD

You've gotta admit though, what I said could happen . . . give machines brains and they'll get bored, just like we do, no reason why they shouldn't also get to play on Neo to pass the time. :D

Though, if you get home and expect to find the load of laundry that you put on in the morning to now be washed and dried and ready for you to fold and put away, but it's actually not even been started yet because the machine's been procrastinating by playing online all day instead . . . oops. :ph34r:

I mean... it IS 2018 isn't it? Why haven't we figured this out yet? ?

Though after watching some of the Boston dynamics videos making the rounds I don't know if I want all my appliances to be 'smart appliances' Has NOBODY seen terminator?!?!

4 hours ago, slinky332 said:

I mean... it IS 2018 isn't it? Why haven't we figured this out yet? ?

Though after watching some of the Boston dynamics videos making the rounds I don't know if I want all my appliances to be 'smart appliances' Has NOBODY seen terminator?!?!

Terminator's the first thing I think of with every advance in AI >_< And when the machines do take over, in grand old human tradition a lot of people will  be all shocked and horrified!  :arrowhead:

Though I have just realised . . . I may have been entirely wrong about you being a washing machine (that's a shocker, right?) The consumption of socks may be a new fad diet; they're high fibre by definition, surely fat free, and very low calorie, though depending on the material used not suitable for a vegetarian or vegan diet. I guess the flavours are pretty limited though, just cheese? sock.gif  lol.gif

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Terminator's the first thing I think of with every advance in AI >_< And when the machines do take over, in grand old human tradition a lot of people will  be all shocked and horrified!  :arrowhead:

Though I have just realised . . . I may have been entirely wrong about you being a washing machine (that's a shocker, right?) The consumption of socks may be a new fad diet; they're high fibre by definition, surely fat free, and very low calorie, though depending on the material used not suitable for a vegetarian or vegan diet. I guess the flavours are pretty limited though, just cheese? sock.gif  lol.gif

Yea no kiddding :blink:

Lol Lakecat and I were discussing wine soaked socks. Poptart started this delicious and long standing tradition since whack a staff member was first introduced, threatening to eat your socks with every successful click of a mouse.

That game gave me my favorite avatar.

3 hours ago, slinky332 said:

Yea no kiddding :blink:

Lol Lakecat and I were discussing wine soaked socks. Poptart started this delicious and long standing tradition since whack a staff member was first introduced, threatening to eat your socks with every successful click of a mouse.

That game gave me my favorite avatar.

Wine and cheese combined in one handy foodstuff? The ultimate party nibble! xD

Threatening to eat someone's socks has to be one of the emptiest threats out there though, I mean seriously. Maybe Poptart lives in an alternate reality where there are no stinky feet. That Utopia must exist somewhere. :bigeyed:

I wonder what she's doing with herself now, well, I wonder the same about all former TNT members, because I'm nosy. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Wine and cheese combined in one handy foodstuff? The ultimate party nibble! xD

Threatening to eat someone's socks has to be one of the emptiest threats out there though, I mean seriously. Maybe Poptart lives in an alternate reality where there are no stinky feet. That Utopia must exist somewhere. :bigeyed:

I wonder what she's doing with herself now, well, I wonder the same about all former TNT members, because I'm nosy. :ph34r:

Same. I'm nosy too, can't they update us every once in a while? Lol I still miss the old TNT, before all the ads and nickelodeon takeover. 

I love it because of how empty a threat it is bahahs

3 hours ago, slinky332 said:

Same. I'm nosy too, can't they update us every once in a while? Lol I still miss the old TNT, before all the ads and nickelodeon takeover. 

I love it because of how empty a threat it is bahahs

Sadly, just wanting to know stuff doesn't seem to compel others to actually tell you. Unfriendly behaviour if you ask me. :hmmph:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Sadly, just wanting to know stuff doesn't seem to compel others to actually tell you. Unfriendly behaviour if you ask me. :hmmph:

Lol, completely agree... very antisocial, immensely dislike such behavior. Why not just share? Sharing is caring. Except for glitter and germs. That's a declaration of war and biological warfare. In which case socks WILL disappear. Not a proper pair to be found. Muahahahaha

On 2/14/2018 at 3:11 AM, slinky332 said:

Hiya! Glad you've joined us on TDN and returned to Neo! It's lovely to make your acquaintance! You're definitely among your people. My name's Larissa but I go by Rissa. I'm 26 yrs old and I returned to Neopets when I got an e-mail from Neopets and found out you can have 5 pets now. (Or 6 with Premium! Which I have again.) 

I have known of TDN's main site for years, but just recently noticed that there was a "TDN Forums" option. I feel silly. I mean, I am a goofball, but ... it took me so long to notice that button link to the forums here! That's a different kind of silly, ha! I remember when The Altador plot first started and I STUNK at the game that came with it. I'm terrible at most of the games on Neo. :c

I remember when the SDB avi was SO POPULAR! And when 450k for a FULL Secret Laboratory Map set was expensive. Now they're 1.8million at the lowest. xD

You're a Marine? Marines are so tough and strong! I've heard the training to be one is REALLY rough. But... Thank you for going through that training and serving to protect. You're very brave and selfless to put your life on the line to protect the country. I made it my goal a long time ago to thank those in the military, firefighters, police, and especially Veterans. People who are constantly putting their country first don't hear enough thanks for doing what they're doing. So, from me to you: Thank you! You're an inspiration to me.

I've always wanted to serve, but with my health issues, I wouldn't be accepted/able to handle it. It takes a strong and brave person to go into the military, or any of the careers that put their safety second. 

Back to Neopets, though: I'm in an awesome guild called The Kindness Project, and I dunno if you've found a guild yet, but TKP is such a great guild. I joined and was instantly welcomed as if I'd been there the whole time. It was the warmest welcome I've ever received. And everyone there is so sweet, friendly, generous and kind. If you'd like an active and friendly guild to join, The Kindness Project is always an option for ya. Also, I'd love to add you as a Neofriend and talk more! Would you mind? You could even add me, if you'd prefer. Either way, I'd love to talk more. I remember I was collecting anything and everything rainbow when I was collecting gallery items back in the day. I changed my gallery to a Nostalgia themed one. ^^

As for socks... Argyle socks would be a poor choice. They're awesome but they can cost more than wine. ;P