Lost like 10 pounds

sunny098

So back in January, I attended CES Las Vegas (which was so cool by the way, got to see the latest tech). After around 30 miles of walking in 2 days, and then a bit more vacationing around that area and the Mojave Desert, I pretty much lost like 10 pounds. Somehow I still managed to keep it off even in February. :D This is like the lightest I've been in like 5 years. 

Oh well done!! When I saw the title I immediately assumed you'd been following some kind of diet, I'm thrilled that this is more of an unintentional lifestyle change achievement. :D Keep up the good work!

Oh, by that I don't mean carry on losing weight, more keep up with the extra walking and so on.

I wish humans as a whole didn't focus so narrowly on weight lose, you know? People are slowly starting to realise that weight is just a small part of the bigger picture, aren't they. Extra weight is basically a side-effect isn't it, a side-effect of a less than ideal lifestyle. But of course because commerce can make money from fatness it IS what gets focused on, until it basically becomes the sole thing people ever focus on. Where as if they can alter their lifestyle habits for healthier ones the weight diminishes of its own accord, just like magic. :D

What I need is more conventions like CES. :D Being my own media group helps (I'm a photographer, but had a great time covering the event). I do need to keep loosing weight because I am overweight sadly. I don't know why but my body has a really good time holding onto the fat it's gained. Bleh. Must be genetics.

1 hour ago, sunny098 said:

What I need is more conventions like CES. :D Being my own media group helps (I'm a photographer, but had a great time covering the event). I do need to keep loosing weight because I am overweight sadly. I don't know why but my body has a really good time holding onto the fat it's gained. Bleh. Must be genetics.

Congrats on the GREAT start! I too thought you were going to say that you started some fab new diet.  Anyway, I have recently lost over 30 lbs and actually, the weight keeps coming off. I have definitely changed my eating lifestyle.  Dieting doesn't work, it has to be a way of life.  Because once you stop dieting...........................

So what I have been doing is eating a LOT of veggies, lots of salads with Newman's Own Sesame Ginger dressing.  It is sooooooo good and only has 35 cals per serving.  I don't drench my salad as the dressing is quite strong anyway.  I eat fruit once per day, sweet potatoes in place of white potatoes.  No white bread or pasta.  Whole grain only.  I eat flat out wraps with Peppered turkey hissi and 1 slice of provolone cheese, lettuce, onion, and tomato with mustard for lunch.  6oz of lean steak or chicken for dinner with a sweet potato maybe 2-3x per week for the potato and LOTS of veggies.  Broccoli, carrots, green beans, cauliflower.  Whatever.  Salad.  I drink 1 protein shake per day, 2 greek yogurts per day.  At bedtime I ALWAYS eat a snack.  Something sweet.  A granola bar, a cookie, something to satisfy my cravings so I don't binge, and a cup of decaf tea.  I eat 1200-1500 cals per day.  I started at 138 pounds and I currently weigh approx. 103-105 pounds.  I wanted to stay 110-115 but my body kept losing for a bit before it leveled out.

So keep up the good work, don't do any crazy diets that you cannot maintain.  When you start any eating plan, ask yourself, "is this something I can maintain for the rest of my life?" If the answer is "hell no, I can't wait until I can start eating chips and ice cream again." That lifestyle is not for you.  Good luck.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Yeah I have been doing my best to cut out some junk food like soda. My doctor says a burger after exercising is fine, but sugar is killer, and I've been trying my best to partially fill up on veggies before eating anything else (I really suck at this still as I hate the taste :biggrin:). I know I need to lose weight because the doc says I have a ton of fat around my liver so I have loose it before it does any damage.

Good luck on your journey! People make losing weight sound so easy a lot of the time and for most, it's anything but.

Last year I was pregnant from mid-July to the end of March. Normally when you're pregnant you're supposed to gain a certain amount during each trimester, well I totally broke those guidelines. I probably only gained about half of what I should have. I was so active walking my daughter to school and bringing her home almost every day she had Kindergarten. That's 22 blocks in one day! Not to mention going up and down the stairs half a dozen times and chasing my 2.5-year-old around. Even after the baby was born I dropped back down to my regular weight within a month. Just from all the walking! I probably could have lost more weight this year, but I'm no longer taking my daughter to and from school every day since she's homeschooled now.