The Secret Lab map

RoxanneFoxanne459

I tried doing that with my main pet - but I ran into a sticky problem I'm still trying to fix! The lab ray started decreasing my pets' stats, but then INCREASING the Max Hit Points, so much so they became well over double my level. Now I'm having to train my pet to get her level back up to balance with the hit points, so I can train other aspects of her again.

Also be warned that the lab can drop your level down to 1!! 

Yeah, I'm not sure the lab ray is your best bet for training a pet. I've been zapping one of my pets for a while now, and their level has dropped rather spectacularly (from around 50 to 18 - never going all the way back to 1, just steady decreases of 2 levels at a time), while their hitpoints have gone up by about 132 (from 30 to 162). Defence has decreased, while strength and agility have increased. There's no telling what the lab ray might do to your pet.

The lab ray is a hit or a miss.  The only reason I was able to do the wraith battle dome stuff was one of my old lab ray pets was already decently high in stats.  I would recommend it, but I would also recommend doing regular training alongside it as the lab map trained my pet really unevenly with really high hit points and low everything else.

In the very long term, a lab rat pet can be fairly strong.  However they are almost untrainable again after that, due to the aforementioned fact that it has a tendency to lower level and raise HP.  They also likely wouldn't be able to use the freezing faerie abilities for the same reason.  However, I do believe that you won't get the level becomes 1 zap if your pet is above a certain level.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:26 PM, balloongal247 said:

However, I do believe that you won't get the level becomes 1 zap if your pet is above a certain level.

I heard this rumour years ago, but my lab rat was zapped back to Level 1 when he was above whatever level it isn't meant to happen after.

Unhelpfully I can't actually remember what this mythical level is, I just know my pet was above it, lol.

I recommend doing it the way emily_speck_15 said.  I too decided I wanted the lab map to train my pet.  My pet was a Uni and I LOVED  my Uni. That's how she got her name, Magickalhorn.  I was afraid of her species changing, but I wanted the stat changes.  So, while I was using the lab ray, I was already training her in the pirate academy and training school.  Mostly defense because that is what WASN'T getting increased.  That and level.  The first time her species changed, it bothered me, but I thought, eh, I can always morph her back, so let's go on with the program.  She changed into so many species I can't even count.  Just to name a few that I remember off hand, Zafara, Meerca, Moehog, techo (I really liked the techo) and ogrin.  Now she is a Lenny and I started getting species specific weapons for her and she has really grown on me.  I was NOT partial to Lennys at all, I really liked uni's.  Maybe I will get another uni, but for now, I really do love my Lenny.  I NEVER thought that would happen.  As long as you are not concerned about your species/color, and you train your stats to keep up with the lab stats, it can be very helpful.  Here is the stats of my lab rat Magickalhorn the Lenny:  

Hit Points:
443/443
Attack:
(ULTIMATE (390))
Defence:
(ULTIMATE (343))
Agility:
(LEGENDARY (149))
Intelligence:
(ULTIMATE GENIUS (354))

Level: 205
magickalhorn
Species: Lenny
Colour: Halloween
This Neopet is ready to fight!

bd_lenny_lasso.gif
Entangling Lenny Lasso

gif_acy18_knu_duster.gif
Yooyu Knuckle Duster

bd_downsize.gif
Downsize!

bvs_heal3.gif
Greater Healing Scroll

wea_berry_knife.gif
Thistleberry Pingrenade

wea_fiendish_key.gif
Fiendish Key

wea_blazing_coal_sword.gif
Blazing Embers

ultranova.gif
Ultranova

large_1.png

Static Cling

large_14.png

Shade

large_17.png

Positive Thinking

large_2.png

An Icicle

large_21.png

Lens Flare

large_25.png

Burrow

large_28.png

Warlock's Rage

Here are my pet's stats, level, weapons, etc.  She started out as a lab rat.  As you see, I still have to get her level up a bit so I can train other stats, but her stats are not way out of whack. It's because I trained in addition to using the lab ray.