Keeping a Shop Wizard tab open.

sunny098

I do but it doesn't always work. Occasionally the page auto refreshes and that's when I usually also find out I have a quest lol. I get quests mostly when playing Dice-a-Roo. All the refreshing I guess... I just use incognito on Chrome to log in to my side account to search for the item and use JN ID to get an idea of the price.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I did do that for quite a while, but not for a long time because I hardly ever get faerie quests.  :(

I get one every 2-3 days. I find playing the game Pyramids helps because of all the refreshes. 

41 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Great idea, I'd never thought of that! Now if only I could stop my husband coming along, closing all my neopets tabs and opening car-related ones instead :rolleyes:

Must be fun having a husband. LOL :D

58 minutes ago, sunny098 said:

I get one every 2-3 days. I find playing the game Pyramids helps because of all the refreshes.

Wow that's a lot. o_O I can't even remember the last time I had a faerie quest. I'm pretty sure it's been at least 5 or 6 months. I've actually been playing Dice-a-Roo for the past couple of days, and some other games that refresh the page every click, but nothing. 

As for keeping the shop wizard tab open, I had no idea that that was even a thing that worked. But considering my complete lack of quests, I probably won't use that. I usually just go to one of my sides in another browser to use the shop wizard.

I have been playing for years and I rarely get quests.  I play all of the "refreshed page" games mentioned, and visit the money tree and lots of shops.  I get a LOT of random events, very few quests.  So few that I don't mind using the SSW.  I play the most often at midnight NST because of my work schedule.  I wonder if the time of day you play has anything to do with it? 

I have only received one quest at that time of the night, I remember, because no one was on the boards to answer any posts.  I ended up googling it.  Ya, google works sometimes.  I use Chrome as my primary.  If you check on JN first and open any description links  Idk why this works, (maybe its superstition, but ...)  and then go to the address bar and type Neopets+item name and shop (the word "shop") in the same browser window sometimes it will bring up shops that have that item name mentioned in them as google results.  I have gotten lucky a few times by doing that.

its so rare that i dont even bother i just open another browser with my side ..

I just use incognito on Chrome to log in to my side account to search for the item and use JN ID to get an idea of the price.

what's incognito on Chrome ? can u log-in to another account on it ?

Us "old timers" :cowboy: :glasses: :pope: have been using this trick for years. I've posted about it in the Faerie Quest help thread before, as have others. It's good to hear that new players keep discovering it. Opening up a separate Shop Wizard tab is something I try to do first each time I'm on. Tell your friends. :nod_yes:

How often one gets a Faerie Quest seems to vary. I used to be on a lot more, so I got more in the past. Or maybe they give fewer now.

It is a "must" to do so, during the Annual Daily Faerie Quests, which, usually happens near the end of this month, February, every year. Wonder if they will have it, this year, since we still have the plot going? And the plot involves faeries? However, like others, I rarely get Faerie Quests, so I don't usually do so. Now, if I was Kadding...

Funnily enough, I've gotten TWO quests today while playing NQ and Go Go Go. But no, I never keep a shop wiz tab open just in case. For one thing, I already have more than enough tabs open and don't need to add in another one that I probably won't even need to use. And secondly, I'm a COMPLETE price snob and refuse to pay above SSW. I don't usually have any problem getting someone on my guild's chat board to give me a SSW link. Otherwise, there's almost always someone on the Quests neoboard or even TDN's quest help thread who will do the same. Oh, and about half the time I have the item sitting in my SDB anyway. I try to remember to check there before I bother finding someone to search for me. 

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

its so rare that i dont even bother i just open another browser with my side ..

Incognito is basically "private" browsing.  Google won't record your search history or cookies in an incognito window and your aren't auto logged in anywhere. 

I'm pretty sure that you could have your side open on an incognito window and your main in a normal but I haven't tried it. 

9 hours ago, lakecat said:

Us "old timers" :cowboy: :glasses: :pope: have been using this trick for years. I've posted about it in the Faerie Quest help thread before, as have others. It's good to hear that new players keep discovering it. Opening up a separate Shop Wizard tab is something I try to do first each time I'm on. Tell your friends. :nod_yes:

How often one gets a Faerie Quest seems to vary. I used to be on a lot more, so I got more in the past. Or maybe they give fewer now.

Oh, I'm not new. I've been playing off and on since childhood. :D I made mine in 2004.

Also talking about Faerie Quests, I think I just got one while refreshing at the Money Tree... Didn't even notice until I tried to use SW to stock my shop. :D

1 hour ago, sunny098 said:

Oh, I'm not new. I've been playing off and on since childhood. :D I made mine in 2004.

Also talking about Faerie Quests, I think I just got one while refreshing at the Money Tree... Didn't even notice until I tried to use SW to stock my shop. :D

You're much more of a veteran than me...:king: :nod_yes: 

Confession: I sometimes forget to have the wizard open too, or accidentally close it! :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Oh, and about half the time I have the item sitting in my SDB anyway. I try to remember to check there before I bother finding someone to search for me. 

THIS!

I'm stellar at needlessly buying things that I've already got! It's the Neopian version of buying a can of oven cleaner, then when you put it away finding you've already got 2 unused cans there in the back of the cupboard under the sink. Yep, been there, done that. :arrowhead:

Recently I've started trying to train myself to click on the Faerie Quests link as I work my way down the Dailies page so quest status is getting checked once a day,  I'm having a moderate amount of success with this so far. I'm gonna do it right now actually, while I'm thinking about it!

*clicks*  Yep, no current quests!

15 hours ago, Angeló said:

If you right click on chrome you get the option to open an incognito window. You can browse without tracking there. Yes you can log-in to another account while being logged in on a regular chrome window. It's funny too. I see myself on my side account in the friends online frame. I search the SW there, copy the link for the shop and open it in the regular chrome window. Buy the item on my main and complete the quest. 

I put my side account pet in the neolodge so he stays fed. 

I also found out recently, if you search for the item on [Removed] (I guess TDN doesn't want me to mention the site) they also list some shops that stock it... That was what I was using before finding out about the Shop Wizard thing... Well, it is one of the top sites you can find on Google when you Google the item...

3 hours ago, sunny098 said:

I also found out recently, if you search for the item on [Removed] (I guess TDN doesn't want me to mention the site) they also list some shops that stock it... That was what I was using before finding out about the Shop Wizard thing... Well, it is one of the top sites you can find on Google when you Google the item...

I use this method, on the site that shall not be named, lol.

I posted about it on here too, ages ago, and was mortified when my post was edited, I thought I'd done something dreadful, lol. I wasn't aware that it's a site that cheaters use, but a nice staff member explained to me that was why the name was edited out (I think it's done automatically) as TDN's held to the same rules as Neo because it's an official fan site.

25 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I use this method, on the site that shall not be named, lol.

I posted about it on here too, ages ago, and was mortified when my post was edited, I thought I'd done something dreadful, lol. I wasn't aware that it's a site that cheaters use, but a nice staff member explained to me that was why the name was edited out (I think it's done automatically) as TDN's held to the same rules as Neo because it's an official fan site.

Oh wow, I had no idea that was a cheating site... Because I was only using it's item database for the Faerie Quests I didn't see the other stuff but now I see what you mean when I go to their homepage...

49 minutes ago, sunny098 said:

Oh wow, I had no idea that was a cheating site... Because I was only using it's item database for the Faerie Quests I didn't see the other stuff but now I see what you mean when I go to their homepage...

I've only just looked at their homepage now, after you saying that, they don't hide it do they! Wow.

I was completely oblivious for the same reason as you.

We're such good girls  :angel: lol.