Anyone else using a Mac got a blue tint problem?

sunny098

My Macbook does this almost once every few days. After some Googling, it seems to have to do with a graphics driver crash and switch. Bleh. Really annoying. I did make a shell script to fix it, but it requires rebooting. It is so annoying. :blink: I hate computer problems. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 2.42.08 PM.png

What year is your MacBook? I had an early-2011 15 inch MacBook and ended up having to replace it the other month since the graphics cards in those models were doomed. It took a while to fry it, but I started having a lot of screen errors and issues towards the end before it completely became unusable. They replaced it free of charge up to 2015, but I thought mine was fine since I didn't have issues until recently. Now I just have the iMac, but I agree, I hate computer problems. Thankfully they are far and few in between for the most part. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, BlushedRose said:

What year is your MacBook? I had an early-2011 15 inch MacBook and ended up having to replace it the other month since the graphics cards in those models were doomed. It took a while to fry it, but I started having a lot of screen errors and issues towards the end before it completely became unusable. They replaced it free of charge up to 2015, but I thought mine was fine since I didn't have issues until recently. Now I just have the iMac, but I agree, I hate computer problems. Thankfully they are far and few in between for the most part. 

The Early 2011 Macbook Pro's were lemons! If you had/have one from that time and it's still working then yours must not be a lemon lol.

I bought mine in September of 2011 and in May 2014 it cratered on me. Started with blue screens and then having a hard time booting back up. After bringing it to the tech in the city, not only was it my graphics card, it was also the logic board and the fan! Would have cost a lot to replace the faulty parts and for that year it wasn't feasible since the repairs were worth more than my Macbook when they did the assessment on it. Staples ended up giving me $1400 for it. I used the gift card to buy my iMac and 2 years extra Apple Care. It's expired now and I should get another 2 years just in case if I can.

Sunny I hope yours doesn't come to several components failing. If it's just the graphics card, you might be able to just replace it and be done with it.