Yay for New Printer!

WhiteWolf

After 12 years, my cute little HP 460 printer finally quit on me. I had saved up some money, because I knew this was going to happen soon. I bought my first all-in-one printer, copier, scanner. I went with another HP because that brand has been very good to me over the years. It doesn't take up much room either. Set-up is taking me a while since I've never had wireless printer, and I want to connect it to both my computer and my laptop.

All in all, who doesn't love buying new tech? Btw, a game I've been wanting was on sale, so I got it too!

Congrats on the new printer! Watch for paper jams in yours. I had one in mine and I completely fubarred the ribbons and such. Everything I print has lines on it now. So don't do what I did and yank the paper out lol. Mine used to print nice photos and now it doesn't. Eventually, it's going to go to be replaced.

I had such a headache from the configuration phase. It turned out my Ad Muncher software was keeping it from printing. My fiance fixed the program, and I'm golden on my desktop. Next comes the laptop. Sometimes I need to print from my laptop. Especially if my desktop is doing Windows updates!

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I had such a headache from the configuration phase. It turned out my Ad Muncher software was keeping it from printing. My fiance fixed the program, and I'm golden on my desktop. Next comes the laptop. Sometimes I need to print from my laptop. Especially if my desktop is doing Windows updates!

I'm no computer expert, but your comment about Windows updates caught my eye. I've had to deal with that slowing down my system for years. I've been meaning to install the fix for that (I think there is one) but keep forgetting to. If you search (Windows update high CPU, for example) you'll see a lot about it out there.

I have since learned to let my computer automatically install Windows updates. Otherwise, I'd never install the darn things.