Show off your galleries!

Hanso

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy checking out other people's galleries to see what their interests are on neo or what unique themes they can come up with (like law, alliteration, or items whose names are 40 characters or more in length).

I personally got a pet gallery dedicated to Ixi right here. It's missing a few items that I'm probably never gonna get, but I'm still proud of it :P

So... what do you guys like to collect? Show off your galleries here!

Wow that is an awesome gallery @Hanso :nod_yes:

I only started mine a few months back, so don't have a huge amount of items, but my love is of everything rainbow and containing rainbow colours.

You can view my rainbow celebration gallery here.

I not only love checking out people's galleries, but I LOVE giving people items for their galleries.  So if you receive items from me, please do NOT feel as though you need to reciprocate. I just love contributing to galleries.  I do like for people to check out my gallery however.  Mine is pirate items.  I really loved the pirate pb when it came out and I started a pirated themed gallery.  

i have not put the items back in my Music and Flora galleries since they were hacked 

i am missing some expensive items that were stolen and i'm not motivated to Not seeing them on display

Yes! This is a topic I love, too - checking out people's galleries is so much fun!! My gallery is a bit out of control bc I can't keep myself to one theme, but you can see it here: http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?view=all&gu=charelan

I also love to check galleries! I really enjoy seeing what people collect. Mine is separated in three categories even if none of them are really big: 

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=callmehername

I collect Usukis (classic! haha), books, and green stuff :D

Oh, I'm like you all, I love galleries! I would probably have another 20 categories if I could. Well maybe I am a hoarder? LOL Some of my categories were started after the gallery feature broke and I couldn't add back grounds so I am disappointed that the backdrops on some of them are white. A few members have tried helping me with different options on how to code the page but I just don't seem smart enough to figure it out. I try following the instructions given to me but for whatever reason it just doesn't work.  So, that part of my gallery is very disappointing to me. I am happy with the items I am collecting though. This is a great topic and it's going to be fun looking at everyone's items.

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=granny63020

PS if anyone has a suggestion for *coding those white pages for dummies* I would be highly interested. Please don't get flustered though if it turns out I can't figure it out. I will try all suggestions.

Holy moley @Granny63020, yours are alphabetized!! The OCD person inside me is so jealous lol.

I too am a total pleb in regards to coding and have been looking, with awe, at all these amazing galleries AND backgrounds :blush:

EDIT: I just found TDN Graphics 'readymades' and the easy to follow instructions and now I have a pretty (albeit plainish, but hey I'm not complaining!) backdrop for my gallery and a lovely big rainbow header. Ooh now to go look through the User and Pet lookups they have - I might become addicted to this...:dance:

37 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Holy moley @Granny63020, yours are alphabetized!! The OCD person inside me is so jealous lol.

I too am a total pleb in regards to coding and have been looking, with awe, at all these amazing galleries AND backgrounds :blush:

Yes, because the size is getting large I thought it would be so much easier to find if I have the item I am looking to add. At first (before I alphabetized it took a very long time to go though a category trying to figure out if I had that item or not. The backgrounds that surround my categories now are the ones that are available  (were available) when I set them up in the beginning. I'm not sure how hard it would be for them to fix this broken part but I do wish them would look into it and give it a try. I just seems that they won't take care of the little things that mean so much to some of us.

1 hour ago, Trea said:

@Granny63020: How did you alphabetize them?  That is so cool!

@callmehername : Your gallery is great! I never thought of just collecting green things. Neat!

@rntracy1 : I just started a pirate gallery on one of my side accounts.  All the pets on that account are pirate or pirate themed.

I just started ranking the items with one category at a time and picked out all of the A's then B's C's and so on and when I had all of the items sorted to the correct letter in a category then I went through each letter and and put them into the correct order. It took a while but I think it was worth it. I find items so much more quickly. Sometimes I also find I have the order of the items confused and I go back and fix them. LOL

Oh all your galleries are so pretty. I've really been wanting to start my own but I'm having big issues with choosing a theme :P I have five ideas at the moment which I'm doing wishlists for but I don't know if I want to go with any of them... 

4 hours ago, Trea said:

@Granny63020 So you started 1 - 2 - 3 with all A's first, then continued with the B's and so on?

I did only one category at a time. like the action figures. I took all the action figures that started with A and ranked them. Then ranked B then C and so on until I had each item ranked into the right letter. After I had ranked the items by A B C  and so forth I went back through the ranking process and I would rank them AA Ab Ac Ad until they were in order so for instance I would have Action Figure Puzzle then Adventure Action Farm Playset   then Adventurous Desert Grarrl Action Figure because although all start with A AC comes before AD. Then with number 2 and 3 although they are similar the word AdventurE the  E comes before the O in the word AdventurOus. I just keep going until I finally had all of the categories completed. It did take me a while and my gallery wasn't probably only 1/2 the size it is now. I am glad I did it when I did. I can't phantom how long it may take to do this with a large gallery but honestly, I  would recommend doing this if you find a minute of 2. Doesn't have to be done all at once but what a difference it makes when I am considering buying an item. I can wuickl scan the letter of the category in seconds and I'm done with a decision made.  I hope that makes sense. That's just the way I decided to do it. I'm sure others have a different method of doing things things. This is just what works best for me. I would like to hear others' ideas on this and other ways they work their gallery.

I have a Fruits Theme for my "main" side (focusing on cherry items RN) and Undertale Theme for my undertale themed account (Action figures, ketchup items, socks etc) that I'm still collecting items for so nothing it up. On my main I HAD an extensive plushie collection until I got bored and now I use it to showcase the movie I'm looking forward to next :P It used to be a Walking Carpet Plushie, Potato Plushie and Kreludor Hannah Plushie :D 

FRUITS: http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=nikki2ndbest

MAIN: http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=nikkizebest

3 hours ago, phoenixgal said:

I have a Fruits Theme for my "main" side (focusing on cherry items RN) and Undertale Theme for my undertale themed account (Action figures, ketchup items, socks etc) that I'm still collecting items for so nothing it up. On my main I HAD an extensive plushie collection until I got bored and now I use it to showcase the movie I'm looking forward to next :P It used to be a Walking Carpet Plushie, Potato Plushie and Kreludor Hannah Plushie :D 

FRUITS: http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=nikki2ndbest

MAIN: http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=nikkizebest

I want a fruit gallery! Can we have galleries on our side accounts?

Also, I was gifted a pair of socks for my gallery. I have already put them up. Problem is I didn't pay attention to where they came from so I couldn't send a thank you. I was in such an excited state! I'm sorry but I do want to thank you for the gift. They were/are very much appreciated. I guess this should be a reminder not to be so hasty when closing web windows.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:48 PM, lojoco49 said:

EDIT: I just found TDN Graphics 'readymades' and the easy to follow instructions and now I have a pretty (albeit plainish, but hey I'm not complaining!) backdrop for my gallery and a lovely big rainbow header. Ooh now to go look through the User and Pet lookups they have - I might become addicted to this...:dance:

Please let me know when you have finished. I would really like a peek at it. Hard, time consuming but so well worth it! Good luck.

Trea, I mixed up and put you into lojoco49. sorry! So, lojoco49 would you be willing to share the readymades you found. Maybe I can do it? I want to try! Thanks

8 hours ago, Trea said:

@Granny63020Thank you for the great advice!  I have started alphabetizing my galleries! 

I've been working on my gallery for years! It started out as an Advent Gallery, then I added Fyora, and subsequent pages came along in their own time. My fiance teases me that it's not a gallery, but a whole museum!
http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=kanakougra

So I decided to go with steampunk after having major decision anxiety for quite a while... I used a premade TDN layout and put the cheapest items from my wishlist there but I'm looking forward to expanding it and making it great! And I'd also like to start learning how to make my own layouts too but that might take some time.

Anyway, here it is:

My steampunk gallery

I love Galleries!

Hands down, my favorite part of Neopia. :D

I have 2 Galleries.

My main is all about sand, sand, and more sand: It's Just Sand

My side Gallery is just 'stuff I like' (please excuse the mess, I've not sorted my 'View All Items' in ages): Miscellaneous Marvels

Bravo! to everyone's Galleries...best of luck to each of you in tracking down the items you need (the chase is part of the fun!)

:P