trouble handling Hulking wraith

raskyl

What level is your battle pet? If you're level 50 you may want to consider getting the Lens Flare Ability which is once per battle and blocks all damage. So if you can take him out on Easy without getting knocked out yourself. However, if you're wanting to Battle Malum on hard, I strongly recommend the Throw Pillows ability. It's once per day and works like Lens Flare. What you'll do is use that with two of your most powerful weapons on your first turn. If you haven't taken him out wait until the day resets at midnight NST and then you can repeat the process for as many days as it takes.

ah sorry. i was looking around in other sub topics in this chat and it seems im severely under leveled.

im level 14. or this pet is.

my other pets i have are like.. lower hp.

this pet i got from adoption a long while ago lol and its stats were that high.

Also i got an Altadorian Swordbreaker.

it seems like i can kind of haphazardly clear it. 

this is what i do.

Reflecting Vanities + Altadorian Swordbreaker + Meh.

then Reflecting Vanities + Altadorian Swordbreaker + bandages.

then Reflecting Vanities + Healing Oasis + Static Cling.

i have a 50% chance of winning haha 

You have a lot of weapons, but very little in the way of defensive equipment. I would recommend you buy a Downsize! from either a user shop, or from the Defence Magic Shop if it has any in stock. Downsize! (Yes it has the ! in it's name) works once per battle and reduces the damage you take on the turn you use it, by 50%. So it's something most battlers should have. Especially new, beginning, and intermediate battlers.

Here are the stats I was able to get from the Hulking Wraith.

Species Skeith

Difficulty    HP
50            58
290          290
371          371

Abilities
Healing Fire
Halitosis

Equipment
Jhudoras Bewitched Ring
Shield of Faerieland

Rancid Battle Dung
Clawed Shield

Skarls Hasty Mace
Tower Shield

Most of his equipment is Hidden Tower level. These are grouped in the combos he most often uses. The Abilities he has, Halitosis can damage you, and Healing Fire will heal him.

Also! Train your strength to 55. It will unlock the next "boost". In other words you'll do more damage. Boosts are unlocked when you reach certain points while increasing your Offense and Defensive stats. Boosts are multipliers which multiply the damage using the boost, by the number of icons a weapon attacks or defends. So, right now your Strength boost is at 1.5, Strength 1.5 x 10 icons = 15 MAX damage. If you get your Strength to the boost at Strength stat 55, your boost will grow to 2. So, Strength 2 x 10 icons = 20 damage. Remember, if the opponent defends himself, there is a chance you won't do the maximum damage. That part is more luck. Unless of course, you equip weapons that use icons he doesn't have the ability to block. ;)

I hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

You have a lot of weapons, but very little in the way of defensive equipment. I would recommend you buy a Downsize! from either a user shop, or from the Defence Magic Shop if it has any in stock. Downsize! (Yes it has the ! in it's name) works once per battle and reduces the damage you take on the turn you use it, by 50%. So it's something most battlers should have. Especially new, beginning, and intermediate battlers.

Here are the stats I was able to get from the Hulking Wraith.

Most of his equipment is Hidden Tower level. These are grouped in the combos he most often uses. The Abilities he has, Halitosis can damage you, and Healing Fire will heal him.

Also! Train your strength to 55. It will unlock the next "boost". In other words you'll do more damage. Boosts are unlocked when you reach certain points while increasing your Offense and Defensive stats. Boosts are multipliers which multiply the damage using the boost, by the number of icons a weapon attacks or defends. So, right now your Strength boost is at 1.5, Strength 1.5 x 10 icons = 15 MAX damage. If you get your Strength to the boost at Strength stat 55, your boost will grow to 2. So, Strength 2 x 10 icons = 20 damage. Remember, if the opponent defends himself, there is a chance you won't do the maximum damage. That part is more luck. Unless of course, you equip weapons that use icons he doesn't have the ability to block. ;)

I hope this helps.

HP: 220
Attack:
Defence:
Agility:
I wanna use the 'throw pillows each day with 2 of your strongest weapons' To defeat Malum on hard with a pet with these stats. If you think I might have a chance with that, then what is, besides the blazing embers sword, the best weapon to use with that tactic in mind?

I would recommend starting by training your pet at pirate training http://www.neopets.com/pirates/academy.phtml

You will have to first train your level to half of your hit points 24 before training anything else.  I would at that point go to level 25 to be able to get the icicle faerie ability.  Then I would definitely train up your strength as earlier suggested by someone else.

Your weapons look good, are you just trying to beat it or beat it on hard?  On hard, with this pet your only option is to use throw pillows and I would advise against that given the fact that it takes several days and at this point the plot could end any days.  If you are interested, basically get your pet to level 50 asap, use the ninja school as it is quicker (and more expensive) and possibly if you are someone who buys nc get a faerie quest thingy.  Then do one hit a day until he is dead.  

@enitul Whatever you have that deals the highest damage.  I used Yooyu Knuckle Duster as it deals 14 icons but any high icon dealing weapon works

1 hour ago, enitul said:
Attack:
Defence:
Agility:
I wanna use the 'throw pillows each day with 2 of your strongest weapons' To defeat Malum on hard with a pet with these stats. If you think I might have a chance with that, then what is, besides the blazing embers sword, the best weapon to use with that tactic in mind?

Blazing embers with either fiendish key or winged palm blade. Or if you have them from the other events, the Thornberry pingrenade is great, as is the yooyu knuckle duster.

10 hours ago, enitul said:
Attack:
Defence:
Agility:

Could you post what your equipment is? Blazing Embers, while really strong against other opponents, does a solid 13 fire icons against Malum. Fewer icons than it does against other opponents. Your strength is decent as you've passed the boost at Strength-stat 125. So your multiplier when you attack is Icons x 3 = max damage. @rntracy1 gave you some good suggestions in her reply. And since your Grarrl is level 51, you should have Throw Pillows already, correct?

If you could please post your other equipment, maybe we can give you some further advice.

Here are Malum's stats that I noted in another thread on this forum. Hopefully they may be useful.

Species Lupe

Difficulty   HP
69            69
345          345
442          442

Abilities
Healing Fire
Shroud
Meditate
Shade

Equipment
Ring of the Lost
Luxurious Purple Cape

Luxurious Purple Cape
Sword of Malum

Shenkuu Spikes
Luxurious Purple Cape

Fan of Swords

Wand of the Dark Faerie

11 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Could you post what your equipment is? Blazing Embers, while really strong against other opponents, does a solid 13 fire icons against Malum. Fewer icons than it does against other opponents. Your strength is decent as you've passed the boost at Strength-stat 125. So your multiplier when you attack is Icons x 3 = max damage. @rntracy1 gave you some good suggestions in her reply. And since your Grarrl is level 51, you should have Throw Pillows already, correct?

Basically I equipped all the wraith weapons (Winged Palm Blade, Staff of Devilish Laughter, Fiendish Key, Reflecting Vanities and the Blazing Embers). And with that I've got the Magical Healing Potion, Ultra Bubble Beam, and a Supersize. And yes, I read that the Throwing Pillows would be usefull against him, so I trained my Grarrl until level 50 as fast as possible (after I had lost many thanks to bad luck at the lab ray and the Deadly Dice events). But I've already started fighting Malum and it may take about 4-5 turns/days or so if I'm doing it like I do now. But a little help will always be appreciated of course (if I'll remember it). :) I never really spend time at the battledome. So my knowledge of weapons and their stats are zero.

Well, now that you've started battling Malum, there's not much advice to give except good luck! LOL, but I can offer a little in-battle advice. ;)

I say that because you've only equipped offensive equipment, which is really all you should need when using the "Throw Pillows" method. Although depending on what your battle-budget might be, there would've been some other weapons I'd probably recommend. However, since you're in battle, we'll work with what you've currently got equipped. :)

Ok, for your attack on Malum, I would recommend attacking with your Blazing Embers and Winged Palm Blade. Blazing Embers does 13 fire icons of damage against Malum, and Winged Palm Blade, even though it got nerfed-(downgraded), still can do between 11-16 icons of damage. I would ignore your other weapons and only use those 2 to attack as they should do the most reliable damage to Malum. Just follow the Throw Pillows strategy and you should be fine.

Best of luck! :)

3 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Well, now that you've started battling Malum, there's not much advice to give except good luck! LOL, but I can offer a little in-battle advice. ;)

I say that because you've only equipped offensive equipment, which is really all you should need when using the "Throw Pillows" method. Although depending on what your battle-budget might be, there would've been some other weapons I'd probably recommend. However, since you're in battle, we'll work with what you've currently got equipped. :)

Ok, for your attack on Malum, I would recommend attacking with your Blazing Embers and Winged Palm Blade. Blazing Embers does 13 fire icons of damage against Malum, and Winged Palm Blade, even though it got nerfed-(downgraded), still can do between 11-16 icons of damage. I would ignore your other weapons and only use those 2 to attack as they should do the most reliable damage to Malum. Just follow the Throw Pillows strategy and you should be fine.

Best of luck! :)

Yeah, normally I don't have that much offensive. I mostly had those equipped so I could fight any wraith for ingredients... Which didn't work out so I spend a LOT of neopoints on those. XD

2 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

ALSO!  I messed this up, when I tried throw pillows.  Outside stats events affect in battledome stats.  So if you get blasted by the snowmager, your hit points go to zero in the battle too. 

I just got that... so I will have lost when I go into the battle again tomorrow?

5 hours ago, enitul said:

Yeah, normally I don't have that much offensive. I mostly had those equipped so I could fight any wraith for ingredients... Which didn't work out so I spend a LOT of neopoints on those. XD

I just got that... so I will have lost when I go into the battle again tomorrow?

If you got blasted to 0HP, then you probably will lose, since you can't heal outside the BD while battling. Unless you have a healing item that you can use already in the battle with your pet. If you have a healing item equipped, use it! It will heal you on the turn before you lose, but it will take up one weapon's slot for that attack.

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

If you got blasted to 0HP, then you probably will lose, since you can't heal outside the BD while battling. Unless you have a healing item that you can use already in the battle with your pet. If you have a healing item equipped, use it! It will heal you on the turn before you lose, but it will take up one weapon's slot for that attack.

Phew. I was hoping that would be the case. Then I think I'll be ok. :)