Pretty sure Bart just gave me an Advent Calendar prize . . .

jellysundae

I just got this from him and I assumed it was one of the new prizes.

46917.gif?584Plate of Wintery Caramel Apples

But looking them up on JN and . . .

These apples come with a hint of mint flavouring to add that wintery touch to your taste buds! This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y13.

Release Date December 11, 2011

Categories

Now, ofc, I'm wondering if I'm just confused and I actually got this from the Money tree, but only because this is an old advent calendar prize. I know I did get it from Bart. JS made a boo-boo again?

It's very likely that they put that item in the prize pool by mistake. The first day with updated items, I went to Bart and he gave me an Everlasting Apple (r200--a Hidden Tower item worth almost 1m!). I sent a tip to JN about it, and they actually just responded to me today saying that they confirmed with TNT that the item had been put in the prize pool in error. 

I'm starting to genuinely wonder if all of JS are 7 year olds, seriously. These kind of mistakes are ridiculous. >_<

1m though? NICE!

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

It's very likely that they put that item in the prize pool by mistake. The first day with updated items, I went to Bart and he gave me an Everlasting Apple (r200--a Hidden Tower item worth almost 1m!). I sent a tip to JN about it, and they actually just responded to me today saying that they confirmed with TNT that the item had been put in the prize pool in error. 

Oh wow! Total fist pump for such a prize! Were you required to return the item? 

1 hour ago, queen_hatshepset said:

Oh wow! Total fist pump for such a prize! Were you required to return the item? 

Not as far as I know. I'm not the one who contacted TNT, so idk. But I gifted it to a friend for her gallery, so it's gone anyway. 

Well, they are apples, and Bart does like giving apples as gifts. And Plate of Wintery Caramel Apples was released in 2011, so Bart giving 7 year old apples would also seem his style (Working in the Haunted Woods, Gross Food and all)...

It does sounds like a coding mistake, where they were trying to award any type of Neo item with the word "apple" in it, but forgetting to restrict the category. But, at least they are trying to update the prize pool. And, if JS didn't make a mistake while doing so, we might start to worry...

12 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

And, if JS didn't make a mistake while doing so, we might start to worry...

The phrase "quoted for truth" has never been more accurate!!! :laugh:

I suspect that you're completely right about what happened here, too, I wonder if there were other valuable apple items he started giving out as well as the Everlasting Apple . . .

Though you're also so right that him handing out stale old things that have been hanging around for years is totally his kind of M.O. xD

But yes, their recent updating of many prize pools is great. :D

19 hours ago, kayahtik said:

WOW!!! That was waaaayyyyy lucky tho! I went yesterday and got some mundane item.

• 3 months later...

Just got another prize from Bart that's surely in his prize pool by mistake.

33185.gif?640

Rotten Negg Face Splat

Notes

This was a free item given away by finding Rosies clue during the Neggtacular Springtime Celebration Giveaway on April 2, 2009 and then visiting a random location at the Deserted Fairgrounds.

Makes you wonder just how many items he's got that he shouldn't have. This is like the Neopian version of getting stuff that fell off the back of a lorry? Do people who aren't British even know what I mean with that phrase?

And while we're here, let's not ignore the grossness of this item. :laugh: Though my Kacheek doesn't seem bothered, does he! Maybe it's because it removed his glasses so he can't see what it is. I expect he thinks it's a facepack! That smell is the natural sulphur there to enhance his yellow colouring, yeah that's what it is . . . ?

medium_preview.png

1 hour ago, phill said:

I'd forgotten about the apple bobbing, got tired of either getting the same old junk or getting robbed.

Got a yellow apple.

I give up on Bart sporadically, if he makes my pet ill too much or if, as you say, he pinches your stuff! I've tried to get sly with him but I think I'm wasting my time, I'm going up against a master there, lol. I've visited him with just a chunk of obsidian on hand, he's welcome to that! Because I wonder if he'll have that fall out of my pocket rather than my NP. Or, if I have no NP on hand maybe he won't take any? but maybe I'll just go into negatives . . . or maybe, because I've no items or NP to take he'll make my pet sick instead. ?

All in all I just overthink things entirely. xD