Wraith Resurgence - finally coming to and end.

lojoco49

On 2/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, jellysundae said:

I think you're giving them too much credit, but we'll see. xD

They may have all been drinking themselves into a stupor over the long weekend because they don't have a clue how to get the patients out of the Infirmary, and right now are all hiding in their beds with massive hangovers, hence no update. :laugh:

Honestly, I feel at this point there best bet to get them out of the infirmary is to make it so that either there is an achievement for donating like 100 potions alongside with dropping the cap or coming up with some way for them to go *pewf* (not sure how to spell that) and all are cured.

9 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

or coming up with some way for them to go *pewf* (not sure how to spell that) and all are cured.

This is that Deus ex Machina that I talked about elsewhere, lol. I really do think they're going to have to pull something out of the air to fix this.

Don't see why it should be a problem though, considering how Neopians on the boards are so skilled at doing the exact same thing. :laugh:

On 2/21/2018 at 3:44 PM, jellysundae said:

Haha, yeah! Seeing as I couldn't get beyond Day 3 of them. xD

Same for me! :crying_anim: I nearly had a meltdown over my dyslexia trying to flip the FF! :confused: If my older sister hadn't coached me from the Day 4-8... as it was, I didn't get the cool "cannon" avatar. :sad01_anim: It is what it is.   jellies_screaming.gif  I just want this to end  soon, maybe the final showdown should be fyora_powerball.gif VS         jhudora_hide.gif ?

I STILL think Jhudora was behind trashing the Faerie Festival. :shiftyeyes_anim::snitch:

They could also just start moving the bars a bit every day on their own.  Let it look like some of us are still participating, even if we're not.  Then have a final coundown at the end like "only X number of potions left!  The person to donate the final one gets a special something!" or something along those lines?

28 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

They could also just start moving the bars a bit every day on their own.  Let it look like some of us are still participating, even if we're not.  Then have a final coundown at the end like "only X number of potions left!  The person to donate the final one gets a special something!" or something along those lines?

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't already been doing this.

I can't even be bothered to go and see if anything's been updated. -_-

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

I'd (cynically) assumed that's how all the bars worked in the first place (I thought they might've been set to a timer).

What with implying you'd rank higher if you donated more, and then capping the Wraith item drops, they might/should have seen coming that these last few patients would be left in the infirmary for a loooong time.

I found out it's a new achievement as well... maybe there will be the possibility to get more ingredients rather than buying... although I went extra mile back then to clear all these areas, my box is also grayed out... I liked the plot but they keep it in this place for too long... And I am just concerned about the end of it - it's not yet the end if Fyora is still not OK, and so is Malum, who - MIND THAT! - is said to have said that he's not the main villain, and that's why Aethia wants to wake him up. therefore, we may expect something else to come, although all the achievements say something else...

I wish this thing would end already.  I have plenty of ingredients, I didn't sell mine off, except for wraith blood.  I have NONE and can't get him to drop any.  Getting frustrated with this whole darned thing.  I think we should all get a trophy/avatar that says, "I put up with the Wraith Resurgence Plot!"  "I Survived the NeoFog!" 

I suppose I don't wish this would END, so much as just DO something, lol. Anything !!

These days and days of total zero are just so BORING.  :tired:

And they make me more and more convinced that there's currently no actual means for progression because they didn't take people not getting healed enough to actually leave the Infirmary into consideration.

Ughh, we've been in the dark for days now while they post other updates EXCEPT on the plot! I really hope there's no more potion-brewing involved since I can't get any more ingredients out of the Wraiths if my life depended on it and I can't risk draining my bank again buying them.

Plus my OCD butt is getting antsy over the unobtainable "clear all fog" achievement that's just sitting there inactive on the brewing page.

This is nuts, and I'm really hoping 100%ing this whole thing was worth it. Would it kill them to just add in on the news with a small "btw we're working on the plot!!!" or something instead of just having us sit here in paranoia refreshing the page for any secret/sudden changes?

I feel like we should start placing bets on when the next update will arrive. 

Also, part of me feels like tnt are being sneaky and that there HAS been an update but we just haven't found it yet.. 

This waiting is making me think crazy things, lol :/

On 3/4/2018 at 3:23 PM, BEE. said:

I feel like we should start placing bets on when the next update will arrive. 

Also, part of me feels like tnt are being sneaky and that there HAS been an update but we just haven't found it yet.. 

This waiting is making me think crazy things, lol :/

That's what I'm paranoid about.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mousekins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts seven words or greater

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

12 hours ago, samid11 said:

That's what I'm paranoid about.

Maybe THIS is JS's intent. They're just enjoying creating site-wide paranoia and conspiracies, lol.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:48 AM, rntracy1 said:

I wish this thing would end already.  I have plenty of ingredients, I didn't sell mine off, except for wraith blood.  I have NONE and can't get him to drop any.  Getting frustrated with this whole darned thing.  I think we should all get a trophy/avatar that says, "I put up with the Wraith Resurgence Plot!"  "I Survived the NeoFog!" 

That's funny. The only ingredient I can get now is wraith blood. Trying to wring stuff out if the other guys and have no luck.

1 minute ago, samid11 said:

Another day in silence. :tired: Think TNT's just stopped caring?

I wouldn't blame them, I have too. I keep checking the HQ page in vain--no new dialogue, nothing. I go check the infirmary--none of the bars have moved. smh. The last actual step, the end of Fiendish Formations, was on February 16th. It's been almost a month. 

But stuff IS happening. Malum's past 50% on his bar now and showing as "recovered" in the source code (I haven't looked, just repeating what others have seen). Something honestly is happening. If you squint really hard and don't look directly at it so you don't scare it, you might just be able to see it.

Also, some people on the boards are funny. :ph34r:

3wX3KyI.png

Yeah, so Malum is now in the "recovering" stage, but that's all that's happened, which is basically nothing. There hasn't been anything for us to actually do in weeks, and not even any word from TNT saying that something is in the works. Fyora's bar hasn't moved a single pixel so far as I can tell, and she's been in the infirmary since January 13th.

I had a lot of patience for this plot for the first several months, but at this point I'm very frustrated and I wish they would just end it. I really couldn't even care less about wrapping up the "story" or any additional prizes. I'd much rather have the Faerie Quest Event and Daily Dare going on. 

5 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I really couldn't even care less about wrapping up the "story" or any additional prizes. I'd much rather have the Faerie Quest Event and Daily Dare going on. 

I think the vast majority feel like this now, and TNT will be well aware (surely?). I'm confused and frustrated by the lack of communication more than anything as I'm way past caring at all about the plot itself.

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I think the vast majority feel like this now, and TNT will be well aware (surely?). I'm confused and frustrated by the lack of communication more than anything as I'm way past caring at all about the plot itself.

Same. I wish they would just say 'hey, we're working on it, it's coming soon!' or 'sorry, there were some issues that are slowing us down but we'll keep you posted.' Like, is that too much to ask? I was expecting more, especially after that little banner that's on the index page saying that we're going to 'bring this darkness to an end.'

Man, I just want the "clear all fog" achievement to get marked as done (since I have cleared all the fog) and get my prizes/trophy, tbh.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, samid11 said:

Man, I just want the "clear all fog" achievement to get marked as done (since I have cleared all the fog) and get my prizes/trophy, tbh.

and if me 100%ing every achievement wasn't worth it I'm gonna sob

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add new/additional comments.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I wonder, TNT had that survey a bit back for the Battledome. Perhaps the down-time for the plot, has been used to decide what features to focus on in the BD and try to implement them before the final battle part of the plot is initialized? That's just a theory though. This plot, while interesting, definitely has dragged on too long. I hope that the JS people, who for them this might be their first plot of this type, learn from it and that the next relatively complex site-plot will run more smoothly. All we can do really is hope. After all, we only get to have fun with the site thanks to what TNT does/creates for the site. ;) But I do agree, checking the infirmary and barely seeing anything change there and nothing else, that DOES get frustrating after awhile.

Well, today's (9 Mar 2018) Neopian Times Editorial (Issue: 818, 9th day of Running, Y20) had this question and answer:

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=818

Hello. I would like to know, as I'm sure others do also, how much longer before any new steps are going to be added to the plot, if any, and how much longer is it going to last? Normally I wouldn't ask but I haven't seen any info regarding this. Thank you.
Yeah so first off, we are very sorry for the delay!! All the Neopians have done an amazing job so far at fighting this battle and you have become valiant warriors! I know if you stay focused you will defeat this darkness soon!! Again, I'm very sorry for the down time and making you all wait. New steps will be coming out soon and I think this can be over soon once and for all! I will also be sure to update everyone with more info next week!

So I guess @kayahtik's wish came true. I noted that Scrappy said "soon" three times. And I'm really hoping we will see movement on this plot, next week. However, I do get nervous when Scrappy say's "soon", as her definition of soon, doesn't match mine. I guess we will see.