Wraith Resurgence - finally coming to and end.

lojoco49

THAT'S good to hear! Yeah, "soon" can be a pretty long "soon". My wondering is if something happened to throw off their time-table. As long as they haven't forgotten about the plot, then we can hope for new steps or a conclusion in the near future. ;) However long THAT may be. ;) lol

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

However, I do get nervous when Scrappy say's "soon", as her definition of soon, doesn't match mine.

lol.gif

I think, however, that it DOES match with certain Neopian features that have that been proclaiming themselves as "new" for approx. 15 years. :ph34r:

So it seems to me that they'd intentionally not openly addressed the lack of ANYTHING plot-related, until someone actually asked about it. That's tiresomely passive-aggressive of them. :^/

From what she says there nothing's going to be happening this week.

I think there'll be more yet, there's too much unrevealed for a quick wrap up. We've got to find out whoever this is that Malum is talking about, and probably find and defeat them at least, and there needs to be some kind of finale, I'd hope, lol. Not just like "ok, bad guy beaten, that's it" with very little story behind it.

Though I may have just described how things will actually be in their entirely . . . :laugh:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I think there'll be more yet, there's too much unrevealed for a quick wrap up. We've got to find out whoever this is that Malum is talking about, and probably find and defeat them at least, and there needs to be some kind of finale, I'd hope, lol. Not just like "ok, bad guy beaten, that's it" with very little story behind it.

Though I may have just decided how things will actually be in their entirely . . . :laugh:

I'll take your ending, just to be finished with this "plot". Or, Queen Fyora wakes up in bed and it was all a bad dream...

I have a feeling this plot may have been delayed due to other things expected or promised in the next coming months. There is still, hopefully, the annual Faerie Quest event, Festival of Neggs, and Daily Dare. And a Charity Corner is/was promised. AC, for that matter, is "just around the corner", too. Wondering if they are having to get all of that ready, and has gotten them behind on (finishing) the plot. But, yeah, they never say why. Just, "Oh, sorry! But we will wrap things up soon.", kind of comment. At least they are acknowledging it, even if they aren't stating why.

4 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I'll take your ending, just to be finished with this "plot". Or, Queen Fyora wakes up in bed and it was all a bad dream...

HA!!!

You see, when I talked in another thread about them needing some Deus ex Machina thing to finally get those guys out of bed, I absolutely remembered them pulling the "the entire last season was all a bad dream" thing with whats-her-face on Dallas . . . whoever Victoria Principal played. So you saying this now amuses me greatly. xD

20 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

You see, when I talked in another thread about them needing some Deus ex Machina thing to finally get those guys out of bed, I absolutely remembered them pulling the "the entire last season was all a bad dream" thing with whats-her-face on Dallas . . . whoever Victoria Principal played. So you saying this now amuses me greatly. xD

"Well they got away with it in Dallas!" - That's exactly what I thought when reading @Scoobert_Doo's post lol

4 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

"Well they got away with it in Dallas!" - That's exactly what I thought when reading @Scoobert_Doo's post lol

We're just showing our age, but what the heck xD Dynasty has just started being shown again over here . . . O. M. G.

You forget how big the shoulder pads were once enough years have gone by. :laugh:

9 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

We're just showing our age, but what the heck xD Dynasty has just started being shown again over here . . . O. M. G.

You forget how big the shoulder pads were once enough years have gone by. :laugh:

Haha, indeed we are. Well I like to think we 'mature' ladies bring a modicum of decorum to the proceedings *haughty sniff* :biggrin:

I'm going to venture to say that their idea of SOON is way different than ours.  I am going to compare it to MY definition of an Emergency, as a school nurse, is WAY different than what the students, teachers, and even the principal, considers to be an Emergency.  lol.  Trust me when I tell you, their idea of what is an emergency, is NOT EVEN CLOSE to an actual emergency.  lol.  I mean, unless of course you consider a sore throat an emergency:wink:

Every plot ends with the final Boss battle which is usually defeated by the majority of players who challenge the boss in the Battledome, with the exception of the Veterans who have overtrained their battle pets. Chances are we might see Xandra or something related to her,I only hope that the final Boss won't be defeated by the wraith Taelia potions otherwise we are in trouble. That said it seems we'll have an update regarding the plot this week, as it was stated on Facebook

wraith-resurgence-update.png

I wonder just how long it'll be until the next plot step now, since Charity Corner has just started. (And, heads up, you get points instead of items this year - apparently there'll be some kind of prize shop. Kinda disappointed - I got some incredibly rare stamps last year, but I never specifically save up for CC, I just donate the stuff I've got in my SDB, so the chance of getting something rare this year will be quite slim for me.)

15 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I'm going to venture to say that their idea of SOON is way different than ours

SOON?

main-qimg-20bff19693fa93a42c0fa8948bcb12 

Also

30TMYUk.jpg

This was my hammy, the SOON meme could have been made for that shot so couldn't resist. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

since Charity Corner has just started.

Wait, WHAT!

*entirely distracted now*  *_*

But but . . .

No prizes?! D:<

Well, that's taken a whole lot of the fun out of CC ._.

Looks like the people who predicted a CC and plot tie-in were correct though!

I wish my brain was anywhere near functional today, but it really isn't. Or I'd be reading what Granny says.

1 minute ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I wonder if the extra concoctions donated to heal the patients in The Infirmary will give points towards the CC?

Oh gosh, don't be givin' them ideas, Scoobs! D:<

xDD

Ok, Scrappy, Monday is long gone and this week is almost over too, so, "I will also be sure to update everyone with more info next week!", I guess that means maybe something will be posted in tomorrow's (Friday's) Neopian Times Editorial? Or am I mistaking "next" to mean my version of "next", and not the JS version of "next", like I mistake the meaning of "soon"?

There is some more news in today's Neopian Times Editorial, Issue #819, 16th day of Running, Y20:

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=819

SCRAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT

2. The Wraith Resurgence. There has been a small delay in our next steps, but don't fret. Monday will bring you all new story, battles and challenges for this event! Our final battle is rapidly approaching...

So, hopefully, an update and continuance of this plot on this coming Monday. Battles?! Challenges!? I was hoping they would be wrapping this up, but I wonder who or what the final battle will be? Might have to re-train the "Throw Pillows" again...

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

There is some more news in today's Neopian Times Editorial, Issue #819, 16th day of Running, Y20:

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=819

So, hopefully, an update and continuance of this plot on this coming Monday. Battles?! Challenges!? I was hoping they would be wrapping this up, but I wonder who or what the final battle will be? Might have to re-train the "Throw Pillows" again...

YAY! I KNEW there had to be a "Final Battle"! :D Thank goodness things are going to start moving again! This is an odd and LONG dry spell for being in the middle of a plot!

Scoobert, you might! At least it will be only half the blessings for you to retrain "Throw Pillows"! If the final battle is like previous FINAL battles, Throw Pillows might be a way to go, but as it's the collective damage done to the boss by everyone battling that whittles it down to 0... Such as, during the Obelisk War The Order's faction had to fight Envy for it's final battle. I had 394 battles with Envy and of course, 394 losses! LOL

I don't know if there will be a point system or anything for how many times or how much damage you do to whatever this final boss might be. But if NEITHER damage done or battles fought matter... The "Throw Pillows" strategy might be in the better interest for some players. In the past, if your pet strikes the finishing blow first, you might be awarded a special prize for striking the deathblow. However, no guarantees on that. I don't know how JS will run the final battle or the set of events around it. I just hope this wraps up BEFORE Easter! (Which coincidentally is April 1st this year.) I travel to visit family on holidays like that, and while I have limited access, I much prefer doing neostuff at home.

Thanks for posting the update!!

Well well . . .

Looks like the darkest faerie's gonna be involved in the plot.

https://images.neopets.com/items/twr_sta_darkestfaerie_charm.gif

twr_sta_darkestfaerie_charm.gif

I'm looking at that and thinking, "wow, she's got really big hands."

Then I realise, those are flames . . . :arrowhead:

12 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I'm not sure how I feel about The Darkest Faerie's involvement in all of this. On the one hand she's always been my favourite faerie, on the other hand I'm afraid Jumpstart is gonna ruin her for me one way or another.

I think that's everyone's fear.

I know nothing about her myself and even I'm afraid of them creating some super-naff story line. They're going to be well aware of people's expectations when they use long-established characters, but that doesn't magically give them great plot-writing skills all of a sudden . . .

This plot has "jumped the shark" a long time ago now.  And then trying to tie in the CC to it was not a good move.  I feel it was just another scheme to draw it out even longer, or at least justify doing so.  This plot and the CC event that "goes along with it" are both epic failures in my opinion.  Good try JS, but you missed the mark.