General Battledome Questions

Hiya!  I started battling recently an have just a few questions...

Do you get better prizes based off of who you are fighting/how hard you are fighting?  If so who do you recommend fighting?

Does one battledome location give better prizes? (Or is just better to fight in?)

I have gone ahead and bought some equipment, any thoughts?  I tried to have a bit of all types, except a freezer due to price.

image.png.76f62d3cec003506eddd9da18467ce17.png

Right now I am just working on training my pet up. 

Stats:

Level 56

HP 83

Strength 94

Defense 76

Movement 41

I like fighting the Chia Clown in the Central Arena, because that area gives a lot of yummy food. I mean garlic cheese toast and veggie lasagne? Yes please! :ph34r:

People do say that fighting the red opponents gives better prizes. Which is why I stuck with the Chia Clown long after I could have moved onto someone tougher. But then because of my brain issues the BD confuses me easily, so I really need to stick to someone I can K.O. in one shot. Plus, THE. FOOD. I'm all about food prizes because I hoard stuff for Charity Corner.

I fight the Koi Warrior now though, because my pet's strong enough for the single shot K.O. for the red level Koi. The Dome of the Deep is good once you can beat the opponents in one shot, as it has less prizes, so you consequently get more codestones. :D You def need to be able to get him with one shot though, because he uses the Throw Pillows ability on you otherwise and wipes you out. :axehead:

Good to see you're not training movement!

I'm clueless about weapons so I'll leave that to others, but if that's a Yooyu knuckle-duster I know others like that. I'm using the nice new shinies the plot has given us. Blazing Embers is GREAT :D

What faerie ability level are you at? And what are you using? I just LOVE Lens Flare. :heart:

6 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

Hiya!  I started battling recently an have just a few questions...

Do you get better prizes based off of who you are fighting/how hard you are fighting?  If so who do you recommend fighting?

Does one battledome location give better prizes? (Or is just better to fight in?)

I have gone ahead and bought some equipment, any thoughts?  I tried to have a bit of all types, except a freezer due to price.

If you look here you can click on each opponent to see what prizes they give (I don't think it's 100% correct but it's pretty close). Players prize preferences vary, depending on what they want them for e.g. selling for profit, filling up their SDB with allsorts until they can do a big donation to get the avatar, @jellysundae's Charity Corner collecting etc. My favourite (easy to fight) opponent Harry The Mutant Moehog. I think he gives great prizes (for onselling) and doesn't use Throw Pillows or Lens Flare against you.

I'm a relative beginner in the battledome myself, but this is what I've learned - that Thistleberry Pingrenade is awesome, shame it's only one use per battle but if you use that + another decent weapon + Lens Flare on your first turn, you should be able to take out most of the low level opponents. I'm also a fan of Scorchstones for in battle healing, but having said that, I'm not hugely familiar with weapons and healers available :happystrange:

Depending on what you want to get you might want to go to Dome of the Deep for codestones (Koi and Walein) for Neocola tokens and (armored) neggs you need to go to Neocola Centre. Central is all about muffins, books and food. But as I'm typing this @lojoco49 already posted the link to where you can find all the info yourself.

harder difficulty gives some extra prizes, as you can see in the list.

Lens flare is certainly a must have, unless you want to beat difficult opponents over the course of multiple days. But then you can only do 1 round per day without taking damage. Lens flare is once each battle.

For weapons, your greater healing scroll, Yooyu Knuckle Duster, pingrenade, Blazing Embers and Downsize! are good picks. I don't recognize the gun and the shield so I don't know without looking them up, which is kinda hard without their names.

The parasol is decent but it depends on the opponent and what kind of icons they attack with. I used to switch my main defense weapon depending on what I was expecting. But it looks like you did a decent job with your picks!

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I like fighting the Chia Clown in the Central Arena, because that area gives a lot of yummy food. I mean garlic cheese toast and veggie lasagne? Yes please! :ph34r:

People do say that fighting the red opponents gives better prizes. Which is why I stuck with the Chia Clown long after I could have moved onto someone tougher. But then because of my brain issues the BD confuses me easily, so I really need to stick to someone I can K.O. in one shot. Plus, THE. FOOD. I'm all about food prizes because I hoard stuff for Charity Corner.

I fight the Koi Warrior now though, because my pet's strong enough for the single shot K.O. for the red level Koi. The Dome of the Deep is good once you can beat the opponents in one shot, as it has less prizes, so you consequently get more codestones. :D You def need to be able to get him with one shot though, because he uses the Throw Pillows ability on you otherwise and wipes you out. :axehead:

Good to see you're not training movement!

I'm clueless about weapons so I'll leave that to others, but if that's a Yooyu knuckle-duster I know others like that. I'm using the nice new shinies the plot has given us. Blazing Embers is GREAT :D

What faerie ability level are you at? And what are you using? I just LOVE Lens Flare. :heart:

Currently I have Lens Flare which I agree is amaze! 

I might start batttling the chia clown.  How much should be saved up for CC?  And what types of items?  And is there any idea when it might start?

1 hour ago, lojoco49 said:

If you look here you can click on each opponent to see what prizes they give (I don't think it's 100% correct but it's pretty close). Players prize preferences vary, depending on what they want them for e.g. selling for profit, filling up their SDB with allsorts until they can do a big donation to get the avatar, @jellysundae's Charity Corner collecting etc. My favourite (easy to fight) opponent Harry The Mutant Moehog. I think he gives great prizes (for onselling) and doesn't use Throw Pillows or Lens Flare against you.

I'm a relative beginner in the battledome myself, but this is what I've learned - that Thistleberry Pingrenade is awesome, shame it's only one use per battle but if you use that + another decent weapon + Lens Flare on your first turn, you should be able to take out most of the low level opponents. I'm also a fan of Scorchstones for in battle healing, but having said that, I'm not hugely familiar with weapons and healers available :happystrange:

THANK YOU!  That was what I was looking for :) 

1 hour ago, Duma said:

Depending on what you want to get you might want to go to Dome of the Deep for codestones (Koi and Walein) for Neocola tokens and (armored) negsg you need to go to Neocola Centre. Central is all about muffins, books and food. But as I'm typing this @lojoco49 already posted the link to where you can find all the info yourself.

harder difficulty gives some extra prizes, as you can see in the list.

Lens flare is certainly a must have, unless you want to beat difficult opponents over the course of multiple days. But then you can only do 1 round per day without taking damage. Lens flare is once each battle.

For weapons, your greater healing scroll, Yooyu Knuckle Duster, pingrenade, Blazing Embers and Downsize! are good picks. I don't recognize the gun and the shield so I don't know without looking them up, which is kinda hard without their names.

The parasol is decent but it depends on the opponent and what kind of icons they attack with. I used to switch my main defense weapon depending on what I was expecting. But it looks like you did a decent job with your picks!

Thank you!  I'm mainly looking for codestones cause training is expensive so I'll try out the dome of the deep

1 hour ago, emily_speck_15 said:

How much should be saved up for CC?  And what types of items?  And is there any idea when it might start?

How long is a piece of string? Also, YMMV, I guess! Yep, here's me being helpful as usual! :arrowhead:

Really though, there's no cut and dried answer to any of those questions. I'm only saving for CC because I really enjoy the donating process, but I certainly don't like the drudge of buying to donate once I've cleared my SDB out. I'm saving food and books because I'm hopeful both of those will be categories but we can only make educated guesses about what might be wanted, but even if they're not it's no biggie because I'm not actually buying anything, just stock-piling dailies and BD stuff, so I'm not losing anything.

Most people who are CC stock-piling are probably going for r.90+items you see. But I'm all about quantity rather than quality, I'm just nabbing great piles of gross food from the Money Tree. lol.gif

As for when it will be . . . Scrappy said in the previous NT edition "you can expect to see one in the near future", I guess you have to make of that what you will, we're back to the how long is a piece of string thing with that answer!

4 hours ago, Duma said:

I don't recognize the gun and the shield so I don't know without looking them up, which is kinda hard without their names.

The gun is Water Powered Pistol, which I've found pretty useful. I've since replaced it with my Turned Tooth, but the WPP is nice because it also blocks a few fire icons. I don't know exactly how many off the top of my head, but it can definitely help!

And the shield is Virtupets X-514 Super Shield. I have one in my SDB, but I don't recall ever using it. To be honest, I use shields/defense items VERY rarely because I have both Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage. If I were to need defense, I would prefer to use a dual-duty item like the WPP. And I only fight 1P battles, so variety of icons don't matter too much to me, since I fight the same opponent over and over again (in my case, Jetsam Ace on hard).

@lojoco49 As for the prize data, the TDN staff spent quite a long time, many months, battling each 1p opponent to collect prize data. Oddly enough, after many months of fighting Tekkitu and Plumbeard, I never once got either of them to drop a Zed Codestone. lol I still have my notepad files from those days and the opponents I battled. Different arenas and different opponents usually seem to have some exclusive items. Anyway, if you wondered about where the prize data came from, that's the story. lol Short version of course. ;)

@emily_speck_15 I like Jelly Chia, mainly because he drops some Jelly-related stamps and a book. Though the stamps aren't as valuable these days as they were when the prizes started dropping from the dome. ;)

Your equipment looks good, though the shield and parasol would only be useful for certain opponents. As has already been mentioned/suggested, checking out the 1-player opponents profiles will show you their arsenal and you can change your defensive equipment as needed to fit whomever you're fighting. Keeping a few cheaper defensive items in your SDB to handle different elemental-icons is a policy I hold to and recommend for other battlers as well.

As for Codestones. I HEAR the Koi Warrior gives a lot of those, which is why he's pretty popular with people.

Neopia Central arena fights come with a LOT of food prizes, but sometimes you'll win a Chocolate Ice Cream, which is still a big seller. I still don't know why it's so much more popular, and sells for so much more than other ice cream cones. LOL

If you're a Neopets premium member/subscriber, the Cosmic Dome offers Nerkmids as prizes too. Those are pretty popular to sell or use with the vending machine.

For training, if you want your pet to have balanced stats, you should increase your defense to 85 so it's equal to your offensive boost. Though if you Zap your pet with the labray, based on what I've read about it in past years, defense is likely to be reduced a fair bit. Though Strength and HP, as I understand it, tend to go up. I still recommend a balanced training approach though. High HP is good for outlasting an opponent, but it doesn't strike my fancy, kinda seems like it'd be a bit boring to simply outlast your opponent. ;) Just my opinion on it. It's still a viable, legit way to go though. Anyway, your next strength boost is at 125. Here is the boost-list, just in case you're curious about the boosts and when you'll reach them.
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts/

Movement, the only reason to train movement is for a couple of pieces of BD equipment. But most of them either aren't worth it, or in the case of the Heavy Robe of Thievery, glitched. Stealing is glitched/not working right now, but the movement requirement for the Heavy Robe of Thievery is only 201. I am not aware of any other piece of equipment that has a movement requirement higher than that. But I wouldn't actively train Movement. If you get a random air faerie quest, or some movement points from completing Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island, then that should add up fairly quickly. :)

Hope this helps, and happy battling! :D

3 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

@lojoco49 As for the prize data, the TDN staff spent quite a long time, many months, battling each 1p opponent to collect prize data. Oddly enough, after many months of fighting Tekkitu and Plumbeard, I never once got either of them to drop a Zed Codestone. lol I still have my notepad files from those days and the opponents I battled. Different arenas and different opponents usually seem to have some exclusive items. Anyway, if you wondered about where the prize data came from, that's the story. lol Short version of course. ;)

Wow, that's dedication! And I'm very grateful for it :biggrin:

The only reason I made mention of correctness is that Harry has regularly been dropping 2 items that are not listed for him - Moehog Mud Bomb and Moehog News

8 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

Wow, that's dedication! And I'm very grateful for it :biggrin:

The only reason I made mention of correctness is that Harry has regularly been dropping 2 items that are not listed for him - Moehog Mud Bomb and Moehog News

LOL Well, we try to do our best for our fellow fans of Neopets. :D I even went back after Tekkitu and Plumbeard after we got most everyone squared away, after a few more months, STILL no Zed. I kind of wondered if the Mystery Island Arena gives any Zeds at all. LOL I only battled those two from that arena so I don't know about it's other occupants. lol

Hmm, I didn't work on him when we were gathering prize data, but I can certainly look into adding those in later. I did just look at Harry's 1p profile, and you're right, those items don't appear with the other prizes. They must be exclusive items to him, and therefore probably more rare than other prizes you can win by beating him. No telling when they were added to his prizes in-game. Thanks for the heads up on those items/prizes!

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I kind of wondered if the Mystery Island Arena gives any Zeds at all.

If you've never got any it seems pretty likely, doesn't it. I've got a fairly even quantity of all 6 of the red ones from fighting mainly in the central and Deeps arenas.

4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

If you've never got any it seems pretty likely, doesn't it. I've got a fairly even quantity of all 6 of the red ones from fighting mainly in the central and Deeps arenas.

Yeah, probably. It just seems odd that one arena would be devoid of any singular type of codestone. Unless they are set up to be SUPER rare there. I looked at the profile pages for Tiki Tack Man and Ryshu the Nimmo, which are also in the mystery island arena, and I didn't see any Zed Codestones on their profile pages either. It's a real "mystery". ;)

8 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL Well, we try to do our best for our fellow fans of Neopets. :D I even went back after Tekkitu and Plumbeard after we got most everyone squared away, after a few more months, STILL no Zed. I kind of wondered if the Mystery Island Arena gives any Zeds at all. LOL I only battled those two from that arena so I don't know about it's other occupants. lol

Hmm, I didn't work on him when we were gathering prize data, but I can certainly look into adding those in later. I did just look at Harry's 1p profile, and you're right, those items don't appear with the other prizes. They must be exclusive items to him, and therefore probably more rare than other prizes you can win by beating him. No telling when they were added to his prizes in-game. Thanks for the heads up on those items/prizes!

Seems really odd though! They're not even the most valuable red at the moment - but perhaps they once were.

I'm fairly sure those Harry prizes are new and I can even give you the date they started appearing because the subject was part of my very first post on TDN forums! It was January 28 I got both for the first time after consistently battling Harry for 2 to 3 months. 

1 hour ago, lojoco49 said:

They're not even the most valuable red at the moment - but perhaps they once were.

Pretty sure they were at one point, yeah.

Though going back through the price history on JN, no, lol. It's obviously another one that I'm thinking of being worth 50k.

To my knowledge, Zeds have always been the rarest/most expensive of the Red stones. Much like Eo stones for the regular stones tend to be more expensive. It's nice to see them come down in price, they were indeed around 50k at one time since the New BD was released. Before then, I don't know. When the red stones were first introduced, Even the cheapest ones were unbuyable. I was only at about the 4 or 5 regular codestone range I think, at the time. So I didn't pay much attention to them at the time. ;) I never would've guessed they'd have dropped in price as much as they have over the last.. like, decade? LOL I mean the Mag and Sho red stones are easily within the price range of many of the regular codestones. It's kinda crazy, but cool. I'm glad TNT included codestones as prizes in the BD, it might help get more people interested in battling. Of course plots and events are good for that too. ;)

Ah, so I wasn't imagining it then, lol.

I do wonder how inaccurate JN's price history is sometimes, I mean how do they collect their data? Do people submit prices to them? How are prices proved?

My very first RE, on my very first day back on Neo, was finding a Zed codestone. Confused me completely as the red codestones hadn't existed when I played before, lol, but I looked it up and just about died at the 50k price tag, and promptly sold it! So they were definitely valued at 50k in November of 2014, but that price is in no way reflected in the price history so I'm kind of confused. >_<

That's cool. The very first codestone I got from an r/e was an Orn Codestone. And it's actually better in the long run that you sold that Zed. Because it gave you 50k, more than it's worth these days, AND your battle-pet wouldn't be anywhere NEAR ready to use any red stones for quite a while.

As for JN's pricing system, I'm not really knowledgeable about programming.. Like, at all. I know next to nothing about JN's system for price history. But I was checking out the trade history of a couple of items before, and they had listings going back weeks, months, in some cases, though the seller's name was asterisked out for the most part on each. If I HAD to theorize, I would guess that things like trades and shop wiz data would not be private/exclusive, so maybe they have some kind of program that keeps track of such things? I don't know off-hand if you can view the TP without logging in, or something. I'm only speculating here with ZERO basis in fact. I can imagine there could be some way to do that, but I couldn't tell you how something like that might work. Dunno how they do it, but they didn't have pricing data for a few of what I was trying to price-check. And other items that they had SOME data on was several years since the last update. If they had some automated way to do it, then all the prices would be relatively current. So that shoots my theory pretty much OUT the window. lol It's interesting to IMAGINE though. XD All this imagination, and none of the skill to bring it to life. LOL

Yeah the fact that the last recorded sale can be many months ago makes me assume you have to submit a sale to them, but I don't really care enough to go and find out, lol. So you keep on dreaming up your theories instead. :D

I THINK I started keeping the red codestones when my pet hit level 100, I always sold them before but at some point decided it was maybe better to keep hold of them now and that kind of milestone seems a likely time for a thought like that to surface. I should have a pretty decent haul by the time I have to start using them.

I've been fighting Kauvara but I'm' getting tired of him spamming the freezer skills. Really getting bored constantly losing because of it... I also been fighting Ghost Lupe which as been giving some high pay off items. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 11:52 PM, sunny098 said:

I've been fighting Kauvara but I'm' getting tired of him spamming the freezer skills. Really getting bored constantly losing because of it... I also been fighting Ghost Lupe which as been giving some high pay off items. 

Yeah, Kauvara has the h4000 Helmet, which freezes you 100% of the time. You can buy one as well, I think they're about 4mil. But unlike we players, Kauvara can use her h4000 helmet infinite times. Over the years TNT has gotten a LOT of complaints about the 1p opponents being able to spam any of their items in battle, even the 1-use or once per battle items such as the H4000 Helmet. I don't know how many rounds it would take for you to beat Kauvara, but if you could do it in 1, I would say get your pet to level 50, if it isn't already there, and get the ability Lens Flare, and use it first round to take out Kauvara and stop her from using her h4000 helmet. If you need a 2nd round, go for it. Because the h4000 helmet can't stop your current turn, only the following turn. This is the difference between freezer equipment, and the freezing faerie abilities like Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage.

Glad to hear you're having good luck with Ghost Lupe's prizes. Happy battling!

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:52 AM, sunny098 said:

yes, the spamming abilities of some of the opponents can get pretty annoying.  IDK what your pet's stats are but, by the opponents you are battling, it seems to me that you could battle S750 Kreludan Defender Robot on Hard, POSSIBLY the giant Spectral Mutant Walein on easy, Zafara Rogue on hard, and Koi Warrior on medium, possibly hard.  Those opponents give pretty good prizes too.