Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sunny098

Splurging on my weapons set.

Recommended Posts

I've splurged quite a bit on my BD weapons set. Most recent is the Purple Scorchstone. :D Lucky for me I managed to get the Scroll of Knowledge and Scroll of the Wise at the official Neopian shops on half off day. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.29.10 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. But that comes from someone who had no idea what all the best weapons are and what does what. XD Speaking of which, any idea what the Seedless Skeem Potion does? I got it from one of those random events you don't see and I can't find any info on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, enitul said:

Speaking of which, any idea what the Seedless Skeem Potion does? I got it from one of those random events you don't see and I can't find any info on it.

Seems there's been a bunch of new items released today, so I'm sure some info will pop up for it soon. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sunny098 said:

I've splurged quite a bit on my BD weapons set. Most recent is the Purple Scorchstone. :D Lucky for me I managed to get the Scroll of Knowledge and Scroll of the Wise at the official Neopian shops on half off day. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.29.10 AM.png

Actually for healing, depending on your pet's HP and INT. You could go cheaper and get a Greater Healing Scroll heals 50 like your Purple Scorchstone, but for much less (210k), or Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, heals 60 for still less(700k). One item I used to own and used for awhile, was a Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic. Here is it's page item page in our database.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/short-sleeved-yellow-tunic

it offers some minimal defense, but if your pet's Intelligence is 500+ then it heals 75 HP, once per battle. However, it is slightly more expensive than the Purple Scorchstone, at about 1.7 mil. However, your Purple Scorchstone COULD be offered as an item for trade towards the total value of the Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic. Just some options. Depending on what species your battle pet is, there are some species that have healers and freezers that only that species can use. Next healer upgrade would be Bag of Healing Dust, (heals 50% of max HP) for about 9-12 mil. Unless you have a pet that has a species-specific healer that does a 50% heal for much less NP.

To find out what weapons are available for the species of Neopets. Click on the pet image for the species you are curious about.

https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/weapons/species

I hope this helps!

Congrats on getting your scrolls from the site-shop ON half price day! That's quite a feat considering how crazy those shops get on half price day! :D If you've got any other questions feel free to ask. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aquamentis12 There is a huge difference to what you just suggested though. None of it overheals. :D I like getting a full heal on a weaker opponent before I go stronger. Right now I'm considering using a Kacheek Morphing Potion on my main pet so I can get the Kacheek Life Potion... But I want to save up a bit. 

As for those shops. Call me crazy but I find they are usually not that busy past midnight... Same goes for Money Tree. Only people on are probably adults like me staying up late. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sunny098 said:

@Aquamentis12 There is a huge difference to what you just suggested though. None of it overheals. :D I like getting a full heal on a weaker opponent before I go stronger. Right now I'm considering using a Kacheek Morphing Potion on my main pet so I can get the Kacheek Life Potion... But I want to save up a bit. 

As for those shops. Call me crazy but I find they are usually not that busy past midnight... Same goes for Money Tree. Only people on are probably adults like me staying up late. LOL

True, the items I listed do not Overheal. However, it's also true that the Overheal function is currently not working in the Battledome. And only TNT can guess at when they'll get around to fixing it. For more info on known issues with the beta Battledome this link has more info on issues that are not working in the BD.
http://www.neopets.com/dome/beta.phtml

Ah, so you know about the species that have such good things. Good. Do you battle with more than one pet? If not, then whenever you're ready to go for the Kacheek Life Potion, the Purple Scorchstone could certainly be useful towards another bit of equipment, or any type of pricey item you might like for that matter. That's one good thing about buying a pricey item that isn't a consumable. lol And yes, I'm just saying that for sake of conversation. ;)

Good luck with your battles! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am obviously not the battledome/equipment expert that Aquamentis12 is, but I will put my two cents in anyway as I have gotten a lot of advice from him:wink:.  Anyway, I am sure he will agree with me (although I don't want to put words in to anyone's mouth) that training and more training is the BEST thing you can do for a battle pet.  You can have the greatest weapons and greatest healers, but as some have already found out with Malum, that is not always enough. 

My Lenny started out as a Lab Rat, I was super excited when I got the lab map and zapped her frequently.  She started out as a Uni, and I LOVED unis.  My thought process was, I can always morph her back into a uni later on.  She has been MANY species/colors since being zapped.  Then, she became a Desert Lenny.  I was NOT HAPPY about that.  I never liked Lennys.  But, as usual, I did my research, and lo and behold, Lennys have GREAT species weapons. Maybe it is a consolation to being a not-so-sought-after pet species. LOL.  IDK, but seriously, I decided, if this is going to be my battle pet, a Lenny isn't such a bad idea after all.  Well, she grew on me after a while.  I even bought more Lenny MPs in case the lab ray had other ideas.  I zapped her for a while and simultaneously trained her at school and with cookies.  Her stats are fairly even for being a lab rat.

To make a very long story less long (right B? LOL) I got her level up to a point to where I have lens flare and warlock's rage.  In addition to my entangling lenny lasso, I can freeze an opponent for THREE rounds without taking any damage!  My HPs are 452 but I have fought opponents with HPs well over 500 without taking any damage.  I have a greater healing scroll for my healer, which I can do better, but at this time, I am doing well.  My advice, just keep training, as much and as often as you can.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL And you get the "trophy of thanks" as far as what our reaction options are for the forum. ;)

Yep, I agree with you 100% @rntracy1! As I like to point out, my battle set is only intermediate, but I've trained my peophin to the maximum boost, (which for STR and DEF is 750), which gives a pet a boost multiplier of 16. So maximum possible damage is 16 x #of icons = damage. I can take out a faction leader in the first round combining my only Hidden Tower item,  Ghostkerbomb with say, a Yooyu Knuckle Duster. With Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage, they can't even attack back. LOL Some species have a good weapon or two. Lennys are pretty lucky with two freezers and a strong 50% healer. Peophins have a freezer, Golden Peophin Harp, which also blocks 3 icons of darkness.

A pet with low stats could have one of the most powerful weapons in the game, say, a Super Attack Pea. However, against a fully trained pet with a well-rounded defense, it's not too difficult to block or even reflect and defeat the pet with the top-notch weapon. Training and getting into battles, trying different strategies, that's a great way to learn and understand what your pet and you can do in the BD. When Defenders of Neopia was working, in the old Battledome, I enjoyed taking on opponents way stronger, and finding ways to beat them. Such a RUSH when you can pull out a dark-horse style win. ;) I always recommend the 50% reflectors for people who enjoy that kind of thing too. They can really come through in a pinch when you're pushed back into defending more than you can attack. Or they can break just when you need them most. LOL Both have happened in my battles. lol

As Tracy said, training is key. :) I hope your battles are going well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL And you get the "trophy of thanks" as far as what our reaction options are for the forum. ;)

Yep, I agree with you 100% @rntracy1! As I like to point out, my battle set is only intermediate, but I've trained my peophin to the maximum boost, (which for STR and DEF is 750), which gives a pet a boost multiplier of 16. So maximum possible damage is 16 x #of icons = damage. I can take out a faction leader in the first round combining my only Hidden Tower item,  Ghostkerbomb with say, a Yooyu Knuckle Duster. With Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage, they can't even attack back. LOL Some species have a good weapon or two. Lennys are pretty lucky with two freezers and a strong 50% healer. Peophins have a freezer, Golden Peophin Harp, which also blocks 3 icons of darkness.

A pet with low stats could have one of the most powerful weapons in the game, say, a Super Attack Pea. However, against a fully trained pet with a well-rounded defense, it's not too difficult to block or even reflect and defeat the pet with the top-notch weapon. Training and getting into battles, trying different strategies, that's a great way to learn and understand what your pet and you can do in the BD. When Defenders of Neopia was working, in the old Battledome, I enjoyed taking on opponents way stronger, and finding ways to beat them. Such a RUSH when you can pull out a dark-horse style win. ;) I always recommend the 50% reflectors for people who enjoy that kind of thing too. They can really come through in a pinch when you're pushed back into defending more than you can attack. Or they can break just when you need them most. LOL Both have happened in my battles. lol

As Tracy said, training is key. :) I hope your battles are going well!

I checked out stats on some of my other pets after we had spoken about the boost.  I had known about it, obviously, but it had been a while since I had thought about it.  So, in trying to train my pet's stats "evenly", I really looked at some of their stats the other day and realized, to my horror, that while I was so busy playing catch up and equalization, my strength stat my was one point under the next boost rating:arrowhead::axehead::ohmy:.  I mean, THAT'S HUGE!!!!  Another pet's defense was two points from the next boost.  So instead of catching up other stats, I should have finished THOSE stats first.  But that's ok.  lol.  We live, learn, and move on.  And HOPEFULLY don't make the same mistakes again.  But that's why you're here B. to keep reminding us of these little things that actually turn out to be BIG things in the long run.  lol.

I am not saying that GREAT weapons aren't a big help.  They are.  But honestly, my 2 freezing abilities, 1 (100%) freezer, low/mid grade healer, and mid grade battle set serve me well at this stage of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I checked out stats on some of my other pets after we had spoken about the boost.  I had known about it, obviously, but it had been a while since I had thought about it.  So, in trying to train my pet's stats "evenly", I really looked at some of their stats the other day and realized, to my horror, that while I was so busy playing catch up and equalization, my strength stat my was one point under the next boost rating:arrowhead::axehead::ohmy:.  I mean, THAT'S HUGE!!!!  Another pet's defense was two points from the next boost.  So instead of catching up other stats, I should have finished THOSE stats first.  But that's ok.  lol.  We live, learn, and move on.  And HOPEFULLY don't make the same mistakes again.  But that's why you're here B. to keep reminding us of these little things that actually turn out to be BIG things in the long run.  lol.

I am not saying that GREAT weapons aren't a big help.  They are.  But honestly, my 2 freezing abilities, 1 (100%) freezer, low/mid grade healer, and mid grade battle set serve me well at this stage of the game.

LOL Honestly, I never really understood why people with multiple pets would train several or all of them. I went most of my Neo-career with my peophin, and only shortly after the Vandagyre species was "discovered" did I create my 2nd pet. I decided to solo pet because I'm more of a one-pet person. ^^; Primarily though, I chose this because while doing research on an old Battlepedia site (that would much later become JN's after their site's host went under without warning) I learned that things like Random Faerie Quests, Levels from Scratchcards, and Kitchen Quest stats, will not always go to the active pet. I believe they fixed that with the Random Faerie Quests, but I'm not sure about Kitchen Quests, and I know they didn't fix it for Scratchcard levels. My vandagyre would still be level 1, without the levels she "stole" from scratchcard wins. ;) LOL

I'm glad you're working to balance and get your pets' stats evened out @rntracy1. LOL "Live, Learn, then get Luvs", right? LOL I find it to be just a fun commercial tagline to repeat. ;)

*nods* Smart battling can be better than just using strength and super powerful weapons. I mean that's a perfectly fine if that's the way someone wants to battle. There are pets out there who only get zapped with MAX Strength boosts and INSANELY high HP from the lab ray. But their defense tends to be pretty low if they don't train or supplement it. So if you wanted to fight a pet like that. You would probably need some dual duties with defense and offense, some reusable reflectors, and good timing with your abilities and other equipment. I don't 2p unless necessary. I've battled other players before, some were predatory, picking fights with newbies and using weak-looking pets but with the best weapons in the game, at the time. N00binators, they were called. I had a couple of challenges like that, obviously lost. Of the FAIR competitions I had though, I could do pretty well. Even at a disadvantage I could usually force a draw or eek out a win. I prefer 1p opponents though, because those battlers are faster, no waiting for the other person to move. And you can kind of prepare for battle by studying the 1p opponent profiles the TDN staff has collected. So you can try different strategies against the same battle set and get a better feel for the flow of battle. When TNT DOES get around to finishing the 1p opponents, I have a feeling that it's going to be kind of brutal. At least on the harder difficulties. Since 1p opponents can spam abilities and weapons. I know it's not fair, but as I've said, TNT knows about it and says it's for us to try to deal with. It does add extra challenge instead of it remaining only a simple numbers game of stats and boosts. Especially on hard difficulty, I have a feeling we'll need both Lens Flare, Warlock's Rage AND a freezer. lol

Man I'm rambling again. lol Sorry about that. ^^;

I'm sure TNT won't make it TOO hard, I mean if they did that, people could lose interest in battling. :( If it wasn't worth the effort I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, the reason I train my other pets, (not to the levels of my Lenny of course) is because I want them to be able to fight certain opponents.  So, while technically my Lenny could fight, say, Kreludan Defender Robot, I have noticed that I will not get codestones if I have a level 200 pet with 450 hps fight him.  lol.  Then I also want a pet who can fight higher low level opponents such as koi warrior and zafara rogue.  So, that's the reason I train other pets too.  I do not put NEARLY the time, effort, or financial effort into training them as I do with my Lenny though.  I have always liked to have 4 pets.  Because I enjoy customizing them too.  

I am glad now that most of the quests and such will award the active pet with the stat increase, but yes, I do remember when that was not the case.  That was probably when/why I started training my other pets too.  But I don't regret that decision at all.  I like battling with lower level opponents too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I never really understood why people with multiple pets would train several or all of them.

Just to throw my two cents in here, my battle pet is also my gourmet pet, and when I'm feeding her lots of gourmets she has to be starving and thus can't battle. So I like to have a backup pet who's at least strong enough to defeat the Jetsam Ace so that I can continue battling for my nerkmids and codestones while my main pet is off eating fancy foods. But that's a pretty basic level of training for my secondary pet, and other than that, I don't know why anyone would train more than one pet. Unless they're training one to trade, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Actually, the reason I train my other pets, (not to the levels of my Lenny of course) is because I want them to be able to fight certain opponents.  So, while technically my Lenny could fight, say, Kreludan Defender Robot, I have noticed that I will not get codestones if I have a level 200 pet with 450 hps fight him.  lol.  Then I also want a pet who can fight higher low level opponents such as koi warrior and zafara rogue.  So, that's the reason I train other pets too.  I do not put NEARLY the time, effort, or financial effort into training them as I do with my Lenny though.  I have always liked to have 4 pets.  Because I enjoy customizing them too.  

I am glad now that most of the quests and such will award the active pet with the stat increase, but yes, I do remember when that was not the case.  That was probably when/why I started training my other pets too.  But I don't regret that decision at all.  I like battling with lower level opponents too. 

Huh, that is interesting, I never noticed a problem with codestones with a high level pet. Then again, it might just be that opponent? I see what you mean though. That would be a problem if you weren't getting codestones and needed them for training.

11 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Just to throw my two cents in here, my battle pet is also my gourmet pet, and when I'm feeding her lots of gourmets she has to be starving and thus can't battle. So I like to have a backup pet who's at least strong enough to defeat the Jetsam Ace so that I can continue battling for my nerkmids and codestones while my main pet is off eating fancy foods. But that's a pretty basic level of training for my secondary pet, and other than that, I don't know why anyone would train more than one pet. Unless they're training one to trade, maybe?

2 cents? Feel free to throw bills, I won't mind. LOL Just kidding ;) Although the copper in pennies IS worth more than the price to make them, bills would hurt less.

I see. Yeah, if a pet is Hungry, letalone starving, they can't battle. So it makes sense to have a spare pet to get your battle on.

Anyway, I wasn't judging anyone, just on the basis of efficiency for stat-training hadn't thought of either of what you and Tracy came up with. ;) So I learned something, which is usually a good thing. lol ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

Huh, that is interesting, I never noticed a problem with codestones with a high level pet. Then again, it might just be that opponent? I see what you mean though. That would be a problem if you weren't getting codestones and needed them for training.

2 cents? Feel free to throw bills, I won't mind. LOL Just kidding ;) Although the copper in pennies IS worth more than the price to make them, bills would hurt less.

I see. Yeah, if a pet is Hungry, letalone starving, they can't battle. So it makes sense to have a spare pet to get your battle on.

Anyway, I wasn't judging anyone, just on the basis of efficiency for stat-training hadn't thought of either of what you and Tracy came up with. ;) So I learned something, which is usually a good thing. lol ;)

LOL. I guess we learn something new everyday. Supposedly.  As Kaya said, my battle pet is also my gourmet food pet as well, but I am not THAT much into feeding gourmets that I starve my pet to do it.  Some of the food is too expensive to feed that much of it.  (Meaning to go from starving to battle ready. LOL)  So when my pet is hungry, I feed her a couple of gourmets and she is ready to battle.  I chose another pet to be my book pet because, hey, magickalhorn can't be my favorite for EVERYTHING now, right?  But looking back at it now, maybe she should have been my book pet and my poogle should have been my gourmet foods pet.  IDK, it is what it is. 

I do see your point B.  My other pets are only at dubloon training levels.  I would NOT waste codestones training them.  Those are specifically for my main battle pet.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×