Happy Uni Day!

hrtbrk

I actually like the Toy Uni. The joints on the legs make it look like a toy, and the "shine" makes it look plastic. I don't normally like Swamp Gas as a color, but on the Uni the "stench trails" look more like flames, to me, so it looks like a dark green Uni with light green flames - not some horribly smell thing. The clothes look nice, too, and I like the concept. Overall, I think it is a good pet day for Unis!

im sure fans of My Little Pony will love the Toy Uni as it looks like it could be on that show  ... but even those who are not fans would love it as well .. myself included ..

the Swamp Gas is great .. just like Scoobert said , it doesn't look gassy at all .. it looks more like The Green Lantern of Unis 

Top-Superhero-comic-character-Green-Lantern-Hal-Jordan.jpg

What a good uni day 't is!

Swamp gas is lovely. I always sort of like the base colour of swamp gas pets, but the actual gas is always sort off gross. But this gas looks more like green fire or a super hero glow as @Angeló said.

Toy is very cute. It really reminds me of my old My Little Ponies. I love the curl in the hair!

brightbramley2_spoosh.jpg

I also just discovered a whole evolution in MLP toy figurines. I can't say they got prettier? They became very cartoonish. I had a few of the G2 generation. I think I even got the pictured G2 one from someone second-handed xD Did you guys (girls?) had MLPs?

latest?cb=20111201015334

Also, I just noticed that newer Uni colours have eye whites, whereas old uni's (like the blue one that models the clothing) do not have eye whites. That is a strange evolution xD

2.png2.png2.png vs 2.png2.png2.png

The clothes are very nice. I am not sure about the theme- vikingish? I do wish that the skirt and blouse were two parts instead of one. 

4 minutes ago, Josi said:

Also, I just noticed that newer Uni colours have eye whites, whereas old uni's (like the blue one that models the clothing) do not have eye whites. That is a strange evolution xD

you are absolutely right .. i did not notice that even though that bothered me before , this is why the new unis are more appealing to me .. the new eyes sure look a lot nicer and kinder

The Toy Uni is super cute! I really like it!

I totally agree with what you guys have already said about the Swamp Gas look, it's SO much better than normal! An obviously intentional move to make this paint brush colour more viable, hopefully? Now they just need to go back and redraw all the ones already in existence! *doesn't hold breath* :laugh:

The outfit's not to my taste but it's not been badly done, it doesn't have any weird bits that make it look daft like that totally unflattering ruff that they put on the Kacheek top that turned it into a clown costume and ruined what would have been a nice item . . .

dandelion_prints_outfit_kacheek.png&key=

Seems like I'm the only one here that was dissapointed with Uni day.
I can understand why I think since I was ver excited for it! It is one of my favorite species after all. 

The colors: 
Swamp gas shouldn't be a color at all in my opinion so. 
Toy very dissapointed.
First, the mix of orange+purple is a NO GO for me, so many colors and shades to choose from and they chose those.. 
:wacko:
Second, the Toy color has so much potential and they're wasting it as usual. I was expecting something like this
 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgFVDtsenPia0WXYgjiVh images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg5l8JIjFv2oCseLDRJ69images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP3Gxvj7-hmyV6JrwZlDw$_3.JPG?set_id=2

About the outfit: I don't dislike the dress, just the colors could be more "cheerful". The wig covers her face too much and the horn  .. well the could have made it better xD 

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Swamp gas shouldn't be a color at all in my opinion so. 

There is absolutely no denying this. lol.gif

I believe the swamp gas and custard paint brushes were passive aggression from out-going TNT members? Even Donna and Adam, maybe? Someone else might be able to confirm or refute this.

But if JS are now going to make the best of a bad situation with the swamp gas pets then that's a VERY good thing.

I wasn't expecting anything other than shiny plastic for all future Toy pets, because shiny plastic was what the mouse-over description said they'd be when we voted on them.

@Sajjet I'm having problems too, yeah.

My little uni, my little uni - I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the toy Uni and how much it looks like a my little pony. I was never a huge fan, but I love the tie in. It gives me hope that *maybe* they'll get creative for the other pets? And as others have said, they definitely did make the best of a bad situation with the swamp uni - probably one of the few swamp pets to actually look nice! 

I do get your disappointment though @Yuiina, I'm pretty worried about the toy colour too and it just being a parade of warm-toned, shiny, hinged pets! Hopefully they'll mix it up with the next toy pet they reveal. Nothing against yellows and oranges or shiny things, but I'd hate to see this colour be so one note!  

As for the outfit, I think it's supposed to be an ode to Saint Patrick's Day/Irish inspired, but a more realistic Ireland and not the garish bright green outfits we tend to wear to the parades here in the States :laugh: 

• 6 months later...