Happy Gelert Day!

hrtbrk

YEA!!! It's Gelert Day! I know a lot of people liked and voted for Steampunk. I just personally don't like Steampunk Gelert. It seems overly done, meaning a bit too much technology, and not (any?) Victorian style. However, that could be my naive or misunderstanding of the genre. The Gelert looks more like a robot, to me. And why would you put a leather strap round it's mouth, even if it is to hold an eye piece in place!? Poor guy/gal looks like it is muzzled. I can just imaging my Gelert trying to talk to me with that on. It'd be like, "Hrmmff, rmff, mfrffrr!" And I'd be like, "Sure! Let's get some muffins!", even though I have no clue what he just said. But, I am curious to see how other pets will look in it. As for Origami, I always liked it, as an art. I think it is a neat pet concept, but very limited on customization. I do have a "stock" yellow Gelert, and am terrible at customizing, but I don't think any clothing item would look good on Origami, and I do like to dress my Gelert in some stuff. So, I don't think I could change him to it. I do like the outfit. It is fancy. I just think dresses on quadrupeds look funny. In any case, I'm excited that it is Gelert Day!

I'm glad to see these released, like Scoobs I really like the visual of Origami so I'm very interested to see how people use it. For people not much into dressing their pet it gives an option for an entirely different aesthetic which is great.

I'm also very interested in how the individual Steampunk items are used in conjunction with clothes, should be some great looks to be had!

The outfit's pretty, I really like that hair and make up.

Oh, interesting! Seems the Steampunk ears don't come off? Looking on DTI they're still on the pet. I'm gonna assume that's an error and will be rectified at some point. Do like the grey/brown base shade for this brush though.

Check this dude out, he thinks he's Blade or something.

preview.png

What's going on with the nose colour though . . . it's WAY too warm a shade of brown, looks like he's trying to look like Rudolf.

Ooh I think this was a pretty good pet day! I'm happy to finally see more Steampunk in action. I really really like the base color! It will be good for crosspaints. Too bad that most of the steampunk clothes are all one piece though. I thought at least they'd divide it into a top and a bottom, and then have the arm band, the tail, and the head/face stuff. 

I'm with Scoobert and Jelly on the origami. It's a very interesting idea, but probably hard to customize. But like Jelly pointed out, maybe it's a good option for people who prefer not to dress their pets. I'll be interested to see what people do with it--I will probably be surprised and impressed by people's creativity once they have time to play around with it. 

I LOVE the clothes! That hair is incredible, and I'm jealous that it's species-specific. The stole and makeup are also very nice. The dress isn't bad, although like Scoob pointed out, they always look a little awkward on four-legged pets. 

Yeah this is a pet day as it should be, always, isn't it. Stuff might not be to your particular taste, but everything looking pretty good.

Long may it continue!

Totally unlikely but hey, you never know!

And from what Scrappy said in the last editorial, come Lenny Day I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing that Burlap birdie, unless it's used on another pet before then as it's only just passed.

Hmm, looking at the Steampunk Lenny on DTI, that too has an un-removed part of the casing still attached. That's kind of weird.preview.png

I wonder when DTI is going to have the new stuff up.  I'd like to see how the wig would look on my gelert, but can't even find it in the shop wiz yet >_>

For that matter, I'd like to see what I could do with her if she was steampunk, but ooh, those ears are not something I'd want to keep :bigeyed:

22 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

I wonder when DTI is going to have the new stuff up.  I'd like to see how the wig would look on my gelert, but can't even find it in the shop wiz yet >_>

For that matter, I'd like to see what I could do with her if she was steampunk, but ooh, those ears are not something I'd want to keep :bigeyed:

Seems the eye make up's the only thing added so far, doesn't it. I guess the other stuff's not shown up in the shop's yet. Or if it's been bought it wasn't by people who use/contribute to DTI.

I really don't understand why parts of the Steampunk items are remaining on the pets. o_O

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I really don't understand why parts of the Steampunk items are remaining on the pets. o_O

I'm starting to think maybe it is not Steampunk, but Borg. Case in point:

Seven of Nine, Borg:

insetseven2.jpg

Seven of Nine, removed from the "collective":

Seven_of_nine.jpg

See? Items still remain. However, I don't think, "Resistance is futile. You will be Steampunk'd.", sounds that great.

14 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

However, I don't think, "Resistance is futile. You will be Steampunk'd.", sounds that great.

:laugh:

Next star Trek spin off?

I'd put this idea to Gene Roddenberry, STAT. xD As this IS Steampunk we're talking about you should be able to find a handy time machine and just nip back and plant the seed. ;D

• 6 months later...

I really love the Steampunk Gelert and look forward to seeing more Steampunk pets. ? Still trying to decide on an opinion about Origami..
As for the clothing set, I don`t feel the boa should go with that dress - but the wig is GORGEOUS, and the dress is very pretty too.