Spring Forward

rntracy1

Just a reminder, for those who participate, it is that time again, time to push your clocks forward tonight. I feel it is more important to remind you of this than when we push them back, because if you forget tonight, you will be late for everything you do.  So, push those clocks ahead and spring forward.

Here's to losing an extra hour of sleep tonight! My nights are short enough already without the clock change.

Daylight Savings, I do not agree with you.

And here comes the twice-yearly time for me when I can NOT work out when to visit the Snowager >_<

See UK clocks don't change until the end of the month, the 25th this time around, so I have nearly 2 weeks of utter confusion ahead for my poor disease-addled brain, because working out now whether I need to visit Snowy an hour earlier or later than usual during this time is completely beyond me. :arrowhead:

i still say do away with daylight savings, it's just an annoyance for the vast majority of people. Set the clocks half an hour between the two times and leave it at that, seems a perfectly reasonable compromise to me.

Oh man . . .

See NOW I realise I'm being monumentally, er, jelly-like here. :ph34r:

All I have to do to know if it's Snowy time is LOOK AT THE TIME ON NEO.

facepalm.gif

*sigh*

It's taken me 3 and half years to have this realisation, but I got there in the end! :lmaosmiley:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Oh man . . .

See NOW I realise I'm being monumentally, er, jelly-like here. :ph34r:

All I have to do to know if it's Snowy time is LOOK AT THE TIME ON NEO.

facepalm.gif

*sigh*

It's taken me 3 and half years to have this realisation, but I got there in the end! :lmaosmiley:

Lol, it's not just you that's confused. I always forget the US changes their clocks at a different date from Europe, and then I have to wonder why Snowy is asleep when I go to visit him. (So this thread is pretty useful. :))

I'll add in my 2 cents worth here to commiserate with @jellysundae and @Nielo.

At the moment midnight NST is 9 pm for me. Once they 'spring forward' it will be 8 pm, then in 3 weeks when we 'fall back' it'll be 7 pm :confused: So I don't catch up like you guys in the Northern hemisphere, I fall even further out of sync. I hate daylight savings!

2 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

Here we are all stressing out about remembering daylight savings time crud, and then there are those guys in Arizona and Hawaii who just sit back and laugh at us from their superior place where they get to tell the clocks to stay put, and they do.

Being an European I know nothing about this, why is it so? What is different in Arizona? They don't use daylight saving time? I'm confused :)

2 hours ago, nousha said:

Being an European I know nothing about this, why is it so? What is different in Arizona? They don't use daylight saving time? I'm confused :)

They don't. They're smart. I too feel like it lost his advantage nowadays. I'd love to see it go. It's so annoying esp when working in shifts. Good thing I noticed this and went ahead and checked when it's changing for us Europeans.

I couldn't believe it when I found out some states don't use daylight savings, I suppose I didn't think it was something you could choose not to use.

Hmm . . .

Hence forth I declare that daylight saving is not in use once you cross the boundary into my home, so please reset your timepieces accordingly. :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

And, Daylight Saving Time on Neopets usually brings up Trudy's Surprise resetting, for some odd, unknown reason. So, if Trudy's resets for you tomorrow or Monday, you can blame it on that.

I think they finally figured it out this time... no reset for me :)

12 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

Here we are all stressing out about remembering daylight savings time crud, and then there are those guys in Arizona and Hawaii who just sit back and laugh at us from their superior place where they get to tell the clocks to stay put, and they do.

Another reason why I love Hawaii!

Seriously it's 5 am right now and it should only be 4 am. My entire night is borked now. DST can go away imo.

@jellysundae Saskatchewan in Canada doesn't do the time change either if I've got my facts right.

@charelan Trudy hit the 100k mark for me yesterday. So today is Day 1 for me.

@nousha I found this on the internet...

DST Unpopular in Arizona

The DST trial in 1967 provoked so many negative reactions that DST was never used again. People in Arizona, including many businesses, farming communities, and parents, preferred to remain on Mountain Standard Time throughout the year claiming that DST produced no benefits for them.

Most people believed that DST was not necessary given Arizona's hot climate, and cooler evenings were a benefit.

@Duma I agree with you. I don't think that there is any other reason for it besides as an old habit. I know that they say that old habits are hard to break, but I don't think that there are very many people on the planet who would have trouble breaking this one.

@Mouseykins Technically Saskatchewan does observe DST. They do not "fall back" or "spring forward," but they are on DST year round. When the rest of the world falls back Saskatchewan stays one hour ahead. When everyone else springs forward, Saskatchewan is there thinking, "So, ya finally caught up, eh?"

9 hours ago, charelan said:

I think they finally figured it out this time... no reset for me :)

Thinking about it, it is usually the day after the time change, Monday, that Trudy's seems to reset. We will have to see what happens tomorrow. Like Mouseykins, I got 100K NP, yesterday, Saturday, so today's spin is Day 1, for me. I had three matches and got 2500NP. So, if I get no matches tomorrow and get 1500NP, then I guess I'll know Trudy's has reset.

DST works for me because it means the Neopian day starts at 9 AM my time instead of 10 AM

i would still b home having my morning nescafe and i can do the dailies 

by 10 AM i'm already at work

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

And, Daylight Saving Time on Neopets usually brings up Trudy's Surprise resetting, for some odd, unknown reason. So, if Trudy's resets for you tomorrow or Monday, you can blame it on that.

:axehead: Uggh,!! Thank goodness I just received mine too.  So :icecream:to you TNT.  Ha ha ha.  

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, Mouseykins said:

Here's to losing an extra hour of sleep tonight! My nights are short enough already without the clock change.

Daylight Savings, I do not agree with you.

Yes, same here D.  And believe it or not, it takes a GOOD week or so for your body to get used to the change. 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, babayaga67 said:

Yes, they probably do sit back and laugh at the rest of us, except if they go to another state and forget about the fact that they are on a different time.  I did that once and it was quite embarrassing AFTER I found out.  Hubby and I travel all over the US buying stuff on ebay.  We make a getaway, when we can, out of picking up items.  We have been to Iowa, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Tenn., Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, just to name a few.  So, arriving in Evansville In. I did not realize they were in the Central Time Zone, or 1 hour behind us in the Eastern Time zone.  So my watch was still set Eastern Time.  When we arrived at the property where we were to pick up the item, the woman said, "My husband said he would be home at 4 o'clock."  My watch said 4:30.  I said to her, "Wow! he's late."  She didn't really say anything but she did have an odd look on her face.  I didn't understand why until much later.  Her husband did show up at "5pm" lol, right on schedule (4pm their time- lol).  Later that night I said to my husband, "they are an hour behind us here." He said, "oh yeah.  ok."  I said, "That lady must have thought I was nuts today when I told her that her husband was late."  He said, "Nah, she probably figured it out because she knew where we were coming from."  I said, "well, that's good.  Hopefully she realized."

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I couldn't believe it when I found out some states don't use daylight savings, I suppose I didn't think it was something you could choose not to use.

Hmm . . .

Hence forth I declare that daylight saving is not in use once you cross the boundary into my home, so please reset your timepieces accordingly. :ph34r:

Well, it's not really something YOU can chose not to use.  lol.  Cuz believe me, I WOULDN'T!  lol. It is a decision made by states or municipalities.  Meaning some parts of states can chose to or not to follow DST.  It is funny that you say to set your timepieces accordingly, I have a funny story about that, read my response above. We just need to do away with DST. People have more problems during this week than any other week.

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Thinking about it, it is usually the day after the time change, Monday, that Trudy's seems to reset. We will have to see what happens tomorrow. Like Mouseykins, I got 100K NP, yesterday, Saturday, so today's spin is Day 1, for me. I had three matches and got 2500NP. So, if I get no matches tomorrow and get 1500NP, then I guess I'll know Trudy's has reset.

Ugh. You have an excellent memory. Today I have the message to 'come back tomorrow for more prizes'... after no spin. Reset for me it is. Although... it IS only 00:33 NST - I suppose there's a chance I could try again in half an hour and that Trudy just doesn't do DST either...

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

29 minutes ago, charelan said:

Ugh. You have an excellent memory. Today I have the message to 'come back tomorrow for more prizes'... after no spin. Reset for me it is. Although... it IS only 00:33 NST - I suppose there's a chance I could try again in half an hour and that Trudy just doesn't do DST either...

No spin for me today either. I thought the same as you @charelan and tried again after 1 am NST but it still won't let me 

Same for me, I couldn't spin when it was a few minutes after Neopian Midnight. And just went back hoping they changed it to "every 24 hours after last new day" but unfortunately no such luck. I still can't spin it. Every other daily is done, but no Trudy's. And since I forgot one day, I was just about halfway again of my new cycle. :(

Yep. Same here. And that is the glitch. Unless JS does something about it, it looks like no one will be able to spin, until tomorrow. So, unfortunately, don't be surprised if your "streak" is reset back to the first day. *sigh* You'd think they'd figured it out (how to fix the glitch), by now.