AC predictions

jellysundae

Just read this on the boards and let me just say that it's a good job I wasn't drinking anything when I read the comment from rocksysmom, or it would've come out of my nose. :laugh:

66JJCRg.png

98E9UdY.png

lol.gif

I could see a lot of people going for a game like that, good stress relief! xD

At least if they DO get mobile versions of the games out, people will be able to make the decision to stick with using a computer if they have that option and are afraid of breaking their screens. Or maybe the mobile version with be sponsored by Samsung Galaxy or something. :rolleyes:

What kind of changes will you not be surprised to see? Or would you like to see?

What happens on the cheating side of things is always "interesting" of course.They reacted gratifyingly quickly to last year's cheating, which caused minimal fall-out if I remember correctly. But maybe I'm only thinking it was minimal because it didn't effect me?

Whatever happens, the AC's always an intense time, that's for sure!

how did they cheat last year?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts 7 words or more.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.

TBH, with Flash ending in 2020 and HTML5 becoming the standard, that alone will make Neopets more "mobile friendly". However, I must agree with @Angeló, though. The AC games themselves aren't mobile friendly. I have played Yooyu Ball on an iPad, using the Puffin browser. Even though Puffin has a "built-in" game pad, and the iPad has a decent screen size, it is still a challenge to play. I can score goals, but not as many, if I am playing on a computer. To make them "mobile friendly", I believe they would have to redesign, or make new games. Not sure if the "hard core" ACers would like that.

12 hours ago, thrillerman1234 said:

how did they cheat last year?

Each year there are several factions that cheat, using bots to send in multiple scores at once, for instance. TNT has never adequately responded to the cheating - they tried freezing accounts a few years back and I believe that last year they disabled ranking up for a lot of people. The problem is, in both cases, it appears that a lof of non-cheating accounts were also affected, with little to no response from TNT on resolving the matter. (Hard to prove that those players who claim they weren't cheating were telling the truth, of course, but many people I saw complain on the neobards were long-term players with normal scores/ranks, so I'm inclined to believe TNT messed up).

I personally prefer playing games on my computer, but who knows, it might be nice to play them on my phone for a change.

AC on mobile devices aside, I am not ready for the AC to start again. If I do play, I"m setting very low goals for myself. I'm talking about Rank 3 at best.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

AC on mobile devices aside, I am not ready for the AC to start again. If I do play, I"m setting very low goals for myself. I'm talking about Rank 3 at best.

I'll join you there! I managed 5 last year and that was almost entirely from playing SOSD, I just can't manage Yooyuball now, so I'm not really looking forward to the AC much. It wasn't as fun on here last year either because there was less activity than the year before.

Bother that LIFE thing getting in the way of people's play time. :O

I don't even have the volume on my computer on when I play any of the games.   If I turn it on for something else, then play kiko pop, that carnival music freaks me out:lmaosmiley:. lol.  I have never heard the screaming on MSN, but I suppose the name says it all.  LMAO.  All that being said, I don't get the comment by rocksysmom.  lol

On 3/12/2018 at 1:33 AM, rntracy1 said:

All that being said, I don't get the comment by rocksysmom.  lol

I think she's envisioning a hands-free version of Make Some Noise where that's quite literally what you have to do.

Scream at your phone to score points. :laugh:

It would certainly reduce the risk of broken screens! Unless people threw the phone across the room in frustration, ofc. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It would certainly reduce the risk of broken screens!

I imagine the risk remaining quite high when my roommate and/or neighbors come storming in and smash my phone to get me to shut the heck up :laugh:

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

I imagine the risk remaining quite high when my roommate and/or neighbors come storming in and smash my phone to get me to shut the heck up :laugh:

This year, you will have Josie "helping" you play! :lmaosmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, jellysundae said:

I think she's envisioning a hands-free version of Make Some Noise where that's quite literally what you have to do.

Scream at your phone to score points. :laugh:

It would certainly reduce the risk of broken screens! Unless people threw the phone across the room in frustration, ofc. :ph34r:

Yeah, after re-reading it, that's what I got out of it.  AND, guess what? It's still dumb.  lol.  I don't like playing any of the Neopets on my phone.  I will do my dailies on it if I have to, to get them done, but I don't LIKE it.  I certainly wouldn't do the AC on my phone.  That would be quite tedious.  Especially if I have to scream at my phone. :lmaosmiley: LMAO

28 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Especially if I have to scream at my phone. :lmaosmiley: LMAO

I can definitely imagine a lot of people actually ending up screaming at their phones if they did play it on them.  But I can't see that actually earning them any rank points. :laugh:

18 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Yeah, after re-reading it, that's what I got out of it.  AND, guess what? It's still dumb.  lol.  I don't like playing any of the Neopets on my phone.  I will do my dailies on it if I have to, to get them done, but I don't LIKE it.  I certainly wouldn't do the AC on my phone.  That would be quite tedious.  Especially if I have to scream at my phone. :lmaosmiley: LMAO

I've never played Neopets on my phone (I did play it on a tablet, but even that annoyed me), but I'm assuming that if they're really trying to make the AC games playable on phones, they're (hopefully) actually going to adapt them to work properly on a phone, and probably look slightly different from how they do on a computer screen. Something like Shootout Showdown would actually work really well on a phone, I think, as long as they adapt the proportions of the game to a phone screen. Make Some Noise could also work. I'm not sure how they could adapt Yooyuball though; that would have to be a complete overhaul, I think.

(In general, I much prefer my laptop over my phone, so I probably won't play them on my phone either, but if done properly, at least some of the AC games could work really well on a phone.)

haha, I could only imagine people screaming at their phones for MSN :P that would so hilarious, but I don't know how up to it they will be for making the AC games compatible for mobile, I already have a hard time playing on the computer let alone on a smaller screen

But I am definitely excited for the AC to back, I haven't played in a few years I think (if I did recently it wasn't a good attempt) I'm hoping I have the motivation to play as much as I can since I'll be done school but usually I use steam a few days in of playing the same games over and over again..

YYB is definitely NOT my game either and it take so long so I usually just do SOSD or SS most of the time. I'm scared I'm going to break my keyboard playing MSN

I'm also Team Krawk Island, have been since I started playing haha, What teams are you guys on?

3 minutes ago, micheee said:

YYB is definitely NOT my game either and it take so long so I usually just do SOSD or SS most of the time. I'm scared I'm going to break my keyboard playing MSN

I'm also Team Krawk Island, have been since I started playing haha, What teams are you guys on?

YYB's no friend of mine either, it'll be SOSD all the way for me this year.

I'll be going for team Shenkuu again this year, as will @Angeló I'm sure.

I guess we will see what happens, I would be really shocked if they changed games at all or added different games, as was mentioned before, that would probably cause an uproar from long-standing AC players.

As for the cheaters, I'm always scared that my account is going to be one of those that gets frozen accidentally because they just go on a freezing spree. I would actually cry if I lost my account not to mention really really angry. I hope they are more diligent this year with that and don't go overboard with it for every little thing..

Have you been a long standing player with Shenkuu??

4 minutes ago, micheee said:

I guess we will see what happens, I would be really shocked if they changed games at all or added different games, as was mentioned before, that would probably cause an uproar from long-standing AC players.

As for the cheaters, I'm always scared that my account is going to be one of those that gets frozen accidentally because they just go on a freezing spree. I would actually cry if I lost my account not to mention really really angry. I hope they are more diligent this year with that and don't go overboard with it for every little thing..

Have you been a long standing player with Shenkuu??

I'm always afraid the cheaters will pick my team this year, avoided it so far, but it's got to happen sooner or later.

I think there's going to be collateral damage from how cheaters are dealt with, no matter what, sadly :( and yeah, that's something we all hope fervently to avoid. If I think about this stuff too much I'll not want to compete at all.  >_<

This will be my 4th year competing and I've been Team Shenkuu each time. :3

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm always afraid the cheaters will pick my team this year, avoided it so far, but it's got to happen sooner or later.

I think there's going to be collateral damage from how cheaters are dealt with, no matter what, sadly :( and yeah, that's something we all hope fervently to avoid. If I think about this stuff too much I'll not want to compete at all.  >_<

This will be my 4th year competing and I've been Team Shenkuu each time. :3

i'd really hate for cheaters to join Shenkuu .. but the All-Star groups are sure welcome :D

Shenkuu's time must come soon ... 

i L<3VE Shenkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu