Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

hrtbrk

I'm glad they're allowing all items to be donated this year but I feel like the rewards will be lackluster, guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for the point system , this is what has been collected by users which may or may not be entirely accurate at the moment (points are per item):

• r102-130 = 4 points

• r101 = 1 point

• r98-r100 = 8 points

• r90-97 = 6 points

• r80-89 = 2 points

• r79 and less = 1 point

HAHAHAHAHA

And everyone's worst fears are realised, all the r.101 stuff people have discarded, here they come to bite us on the behind. >_<

This is going to have an "interesting" impact on the price of junk, isn't it!! :lmaosmiley:

So this will be my very first Charity Corner event - am I right in understanding there are no rules this year?

Over the last few months I've occasionally had a look through previous years postings about the event and there seem to have been stipulations about what could be donated and the donation process.

2 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

So this will be my very first Charity Corner event - am I right in understanding there are no rules this year?

Over the last few months I've occasionally had a look through previous years postings about the event and there seem to have been stipulations about what could be donated and the donation process.

Certainly looks like it! Pretty interesting thing for them to do. I'm hoping this means not that from now on they'll be like this, but that there's always a chance that of a shake up of requirements for each new event.

I'm just glad that I hadn't discarded the nearly 800 pieces of obsidian that I had tucked away, lol. I have previously donated/discarded all omelettes and  jellies, plus kelp, cinderblock, fish etc. so a lot of points lost for me, but I'm hopeful for getting a decent amount despite that.

This is going to REALLY clear up a lot of bandwidth for TNT, isn't it! Pretty astute move of them really.

Well done, you!

This is just so wonderful! How big-hearted of you to pitch in and help out in these trying times. You've truly made a difference and your magnanimity has not gone unnoticed.

Great!

there's no prize item in return

Probably a Prize Shop and/or an Avatar ?

Do we have to donate every day ?

Necklace of the Water Faerie 143

Maraquan Bed Time Stories 160

Maraquan Charger Plushie 481

............ these are just some of the items i hoarded 

1 hour ago, Trea said:

I'm new to the Charity Corner as well.  How do you find the rarity of an item?  And do you just put the item in inventory then go to Granny's to donate it?

If you click on the item in your inventory, the rarity is displayed in the pop-up window.

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Very nice that this time the rarity of the items you donate don't have to be within 5 of the one before!

and you don't have to donate five items a pop as well .. 

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Very nice that this time the rarity of the items you donate don't have to be within 5 of the one before!

Yep that would've been a monumental pain in the a**!

Further to @Steve's post I have just found this-

• r1-r79: 1 point
  • r80-89: 2 points
  • r90-97: 6 points
  • r98-r100: 8 points
  • r101: 1 point
  • r102-r175: 4 points
  • r200: 15 points

13 minutes ago, Angeló said:

and you don't have to donate five items a pop as well .. 

How do you mean?

*tries donating just 1 thing*

Oh! That IS what you meant. Interesting!

I'm still a little new to the Charity Corner, which is pretty silly since Charity is my real name!! lol.

So I was wondering, Is there an easier way to look up the rarity of an item than to click the item and to have it open to show you the rarity. Today it seems my internet, or just neopets in general is going really really slow and I haven't the patients to look up each item in my deposit box :arrowhead:

8 minutes ago, queen_hatshepset said:

I'm still a little new to the Charity Corner, which is pretty silly since Charity is my real name!! lol.

So I was wondering, Is there an easier way to look up the rarity of an item than to click the item and to have it open to show you the rarity. Today it seems my internet, or just neopets in general is going really really slow and I haven't the patients to look up each item in my deposit box :arrowhead:

I don't think there really is an actual easy way. Neo is lagging hugely because of Charity Corner so we're kind of stuck with that.  Using TDN or JN's database and searching for items of a single rarity number might be easier. But I'm not convinced as there's a lot of items out there . . .

Do you fight in the BD? A lot of BD prizes are in the 90s rarity-wise, so looking in the Battledome Equipment category of your SDB will narrow things down. Just scroll down the pages and look for the very rare/ultra rare items.

Cool thank you for the advise! I'll see what I got. Above it mentioned up to R200... So does anything higher count too or is it best to just stick with the R1-200 categories? 

19 minutes ago, queen_hatshepset said:

Cool thank you for the advise! I'll see what I got. Above it mentioned up to R200... So does anything higher count too or is it best to just stick with the R1-200 categories? 

This I don't know, I did just notice that the cocoa juppies that you win from the mystery Island arena can't be donated, so I guess not EVERYTHING can be. Seems no retired items allowed? Those cocoa ones are r.180.

I've no idea if I even HAVE any r.200s lol.

OH for being able to search your SDB by rarity, right?!

I'm curious: for those who bought up certain rarity level items, speculating that they would jump way up in price: how will this new system affect that? 

I forget who but somebody posted a long list of stuff they were buying low, hoping they would go up. I considered doing that but kept forgetting to.

I'm always intrigued by people buying for CC. During previous ones I've bought items once I've run out of my own stuff, to get my donations to a certain level. But I guess buying to sell's just too much faff for me, lol

This change of method has surely given just about everyone a LOT of high rarity items to donate though.