Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

hrtbrk

The same happened last year, with the avatar. You'd still get the avatar notification, even after you already received it. It seems individuals are being awarded the avatar based on last year's criteria, and it is last year's avatar being awarded. I, personally, believe it is a "glitch". If you look at the coding, there are elements from last year's CC, all the way down to the first CC. JS seems to "cut-and-paste"/reuse code. Either they intended to award a new avatar, but forgot to change the code/criteria, didn't intend to award an avatar and forgot to remove the code, or didn't think about it, at all.

As Nielo said, we definitely can't go by last year's donation requirements to determine this year's trophy as this CC is completely different.  That being said, even though it is COMPLETELY different, they are giving the EXACT SAME avatar.  Ironic, eh?  Based on what Scoobert said, I would tend to think it could be a glitch, however, they were right on top of the glitch (from what I recall:guiltysmiley:) last year.  The avatar alert message DID remain on top of the page last year too, so, like Scoobert said, that has no bearing on whether it is glitched or not.  I suppose only time will tell.  

Speaking of irony, the charity corner, we all assume is to get rid of junk, supposedly to help with lag, bandwidth, etc. but the event actually encourages the hoarding of the junk items.  A lot of people who used to discard/donate their items to keep their SDB clean, are now saving them in anticipation of the CC.  Hmmmm.:huh:

On 3/21/2018 at 1:14 AM, rntracy1 said:

Speaking of irony, the charity corner, we all assume is to get rid of junk, supposedly to help with lag, bandwidth, etc. but the event actually encourages the hoarding of the junk items.  A lot of people who used to discard/donate their items to keep their SDB clean, are now saving them in anticipation of the CC.  Hmmmm.:huh:

This has always amused me greatly. :laugh:

But hey look, they seem to be being pro-active about that this year! :bigeyed:

REMINDER: Tomorrow is the LAST day to donate to CC! Event ends on 23 March, 2018 at 1200 NST! Get those donations in, if you still need, wish, are inclined to.

I'm going to donate a few items, tomorrow morning, before I got to work, just in case. So far, I've donated something every day, of this event.

I've been donating every day as well, just in case there is a hidden achievement of donating every day. Cleared out my sdb, so all I can give from now on is what I get from dailies. I wonder what the perks will be, but I'll be happy when it's over. Its a bit of a boring/tedious event in my opinion.

Last day! I'm in the same spot as @Duma I cleared out my SDB within about three days and since then have just been donating dailies items in case there's an achievement for donating each day. The news said that the prize shop will open on Monday. Can't wait to see how disappointing it is, lol. 

So I'm nowhere near clearing out my SDB.

Your Safety Deposit Box

The National Neopian provides every Neopian with a free safety deposit box! You can store your items in here to stop thieves getting at them. To remove items, select the quantity in the "Remove" column and hit "Move Selected Items."

Items: 1,678 | Qty: 8,178

:lmaosmiley:

But it seems time's against me, when Scoobs says it ends at 12 NST that's meaning noon? I need some downtime for a couple of hours, but that will be throwing donating time away. D:

52 minutes ago, Angeló said:

im really hoping they mean 12 MIDNIGHT NST

i left most of my R90's to the last day

also let's hope the perks are worth the 3-4 Mil I could've made selling my Rarities 

It would seem it does mean midnight, despite the definition of 12PM being noon!

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It would seem it does mean midnight, despite the definition of 12PM being noon!

Could be, but it could also be that it'll just be open a few hours longer, considering it started a couple of hours late on the first day. (Either because they want to compensate for those missed hours, or - more likely, if you ask me - because they programmed the start time wrong and set it to end a specific amount of days/hours after that start time.)

Or maybe it does mean midnight NST. It's anybody's guess, really. XD

11 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Could be, but it could also be that it'll just be open a few hours longer, considering it started a couple of hours late on the first day. (Either because they want to compensate for those missed hours, or - more likely, if you ask me - because they programmed the start time wrong and set it to end a specific amount of days/hours after that start time.)

Or maybe it does mean midnight NST. It's anybody's guess, really. XD

I'll admit that I always assumed 12PM meant midnight, it still makes no sense to me that it's actually noon, lol.

Well I guess it does make perfect sense, that hour of 12 after midday  is very literally after noon, so it is PM, but still, midnight being AM is just confusing xD

This question and answer was posted in today's (23 March 2018) Neopian Times, Issue #820, 23rd day of Running, Y20, concerning the CC avatar from last year, being awarded:

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=820

Hello Scrappy! Can you please clarify.. a lot of users are receiving last years 'Winter Charity Corner' avatar THIS year when donating. Are you re-releasing the 2017 avatar, or is this a glitch? If it's not a glitch, do the users who rightfully got the avatar last year get nothing?
It's a glitch. We have fixed it and users should no longer be receiving that avatar, also for those who have received it, we will be removing those from your inventory. Butttttt there is a nice, shiny new one coming your way from this year so don't worry!

So, officially, it is a glitch. My guess is the "new" avatar will be awarded when the Prize Shop opens on Monday.

7 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

This question and answer was posted in today's (23 March 2018) Neopian Times, Issue #820, 23rd day of Running, Y20, concerning the CC avatar from last year, being awarded:

So, officially, it is a glitch. My guess is the "new" avatar will be awarded when the Prize Shop opens on Monday.

And again they don't clarify anything until someone actually asks about it. I find that awfully annoying. >_<

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Thank you for this. I haven't donated every day since I am TERRIBLE at following the news and never noticed this event pop up, so if I missed out I'll be OK (although a little sad). I am happy to know the old avatar won't be sticking around though and they fixed it, I was starting to wonder if I was jinxed since I just did more donating yet again today (hit my 2k goal) and there was still no notification.

Bring on Monday!

Thank you so much for all your donations! The Make a Difference Drive has definitely been a success! Now did you really believe that I wouldn't give you anything for your deeds? Oh no, I have been in touch with some very good friends and acquaintances, and they will be putting together some delightful offers for you to choose from, based on how many points you have earned. It will take a few days for all the details to come together, but I have something else for you in the meantime. Trophies, a gift or two - keep an eye on your Neomail so you don't miss out!

And now we play the waiting game :P

6 hours ago, Hanso said:

And now we play the waiting game :P

Yes indeed! Shall we take bets on how long "a few days" will turn out to be?

Think it will be before the Daily Dare?

The Altador Cup?

. . .

Christmas?

:laugh:

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yes indeed! Shall we take bets on how long "a few days" will turn out to be?

Think it will be before the Daily Dare?

The Altador Cup?

. . .

Christmas?

:laugh:

According to the news, the 'perks' shop will open on Monday (let's hope they actually mean this coming Monday though :wink2:):

And don't forget the cool new perks shop for all who donated will be open on Monday so get ready!

They have had a tremendous amount of time to prepare a *prize* shop. Just another something to drag this on. I REALLY want this to be over. I am not by far the highest ranking donor but at this point I don't care about CC I just want to move on. Yes, I'm being crabby but they (JS) bring out the best of me sometimes.

Oh, and I can't seem to link to CC today. Am I not allowed to go to the prize shop for the NC until Monday as well?

Edited by Granny63020
Forgot to mention

14 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

They have had a tremendous amount of time to prepare a *prize* shop. Just another something to drag this on. I REALLY want this to be over. I am not by far the highest ranking donor but at this point I don't care about CC I just want to move on. Yes, I'm being crabby but they (JS) bring out the best of me sometimes.

Oh, and I can't seem to link to CC today. Am I not allowed to go to the prize shop for the NC until Monday as well?

The theory on the neoboards is that they want/need to check the (average) amount of points people have gotten, in order to determine the prize of each perk.

If the NC prize shop is open, I assume you're allowed to visit it.

1 minute ago, Nielo said:

The theory on the neoboards is that they want/need to check the (average) amount of points people have gotten, in order to determine the prize of each perk.

If the NC prize shop is open, I assume you're allowed to visit it.

I have been buying items from the NC prize shop for quite a while now. I have 1 of everything in there and 9 more tickets to spend. Maybe I will get lucky and they will add more NC items to the store. Right now though I can't seem to get to CC. Do you have the link?

6 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I have been buying items from the NC prize shop for quite a while now. I have 1 of everything in there and 9 more tickets to spend. Maybe I will get lucky and they will add more NC items to the store. Right now though I can't seem to get to CC. Do you have the link?

I kind of doubt they'll add more items, but it'd be nice if they did. :) Sure, here's the link: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/

*Edit: Maybe you can't reach it because of the lag. I've been playing NQ1 and the lag got so bad the wait time for the server to respond actually timed out.

50 points! bask in the radiance of my charity!

(reads thread and sees your points)

well [removed].

"

How Charitable!
Message: Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a new participation medal for your user lookup, as well as 1,000 Neopoints! Doesn't it feel good to give back?"

edit:
image.png.b3b9ec552f27dd471f03f9450eca3071.png

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. Offensive content has been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.