Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

    • Mouseykins

      TDN Has a Discord!   03/20/18

      Come chat and hang out with us on our new Discord! Information can be found here. (Click to display link!)  
hrtbrk

Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

Recommended Posts

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 5,000 Neopoints, 200 NC and two exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

 

I got a background and a wearable + the unannounced avatar, and I donated around 1200+ points. I wasn't in it for the gold. I'm just a huuuuuge hoarder (in Neopets and real life lmao) and I hardly discard/donate anything ever. I don't care about neopoints or rare items. It's just a relief to empty my SDB duplicates. Y'know, just playing Neopets for fun, as it should be. :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 5,000 Neopoints, 200 NC and two exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

I donated 7185 points... basically I could've just donated 1001 points and still get the same disappointing wearables. (Sorry Granny, I know it's supposed to be about generosity and charity)

I want the Practical Construction Handbook, but not sure if it's worth buying... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't even noticed the trophy lol. I got the same, had just over 2,000 points, but I just wanted the avatar. I'm not on consistently, so I tend to miss out on events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a prize shop open for CC?

 

I think I may have asked this question before but I don't remember the answer. I have 9 tickets to spend on this years CC NC. I have already bought 1 of everything for myself. Am I allowed to buy/trade with someone else? What I mean is if another member wants something from the CC am I allowed to buy it for them and then except something of NC item in exchange for the CC item?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I think I may have asked this question before but I don't remember the answer. I have 9 tickets to spend on this years CC NC. I have already bought 1 of everything for myself. Am I allowed to buy/trade with someone else? What I mean is if another member wants something from the CC am I allowed to buy it for them and then except something of NC item in exchange for the CC item?

Yes of course you can do that. On Dress To Impress loads of people list the NC items they have up for trade /want. Here's the page for the Flowy Floral Dress for example.

http://impress.openneo.net/items/77493-flowy-floral-dress

Pretty sure people work out trades on the Neoboards too? @kayahtik said something to me about that so yes, they do. So options are open to you if you're willing to take the plunge into a new area of Neo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

I think I may have asked this question before but I don't remember the answer. I have 9 tickets to spend on this years CC NC. I have already bought 1 of everything for myself. Am I allowed to buy/trade with someone else? What I mean is if another member wants something from the CC am I allowed to buy it for them and then except something of NC item in exchange for the CC item?

Yes, you can give someone an NC item in exchange for another NC item. However, keep in mind that you cannot exchange NC items for neopoints or neopoint items. You can arrange NC trades with people via neomail or on the NCC neoboard, or even here on the forums! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Yes of course you can do that. On Dress To Impress loads of people list the NC items they have up for trade /want. Here's the page for the Flowy Floral Dress for example.

http://impress.openneo.net/items/77493-flowy-floral-dress

Pretty sure people work out trades on the Neoboards too? @kayahtik said something to me about that so yes, they do. So options are open to you if you're willing to take the plunge into a new area of Neo.

Oh OK this is great. I donated most all the NC items I had to CC but now with the tickets I earned I was able to get myself 1 of everything and 9 tickets left over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Granny was so overwhelmed with the amount of support and donations you all showed in this wondrous time of giving this special Charity Corner! She truly was humbled by all your amazing efforts that she even shed a little tear when speaking on how proud she was of everyone. It just shows the true spirit of this community! Granny has been so overjoyed that she hasn't actually come out to tell us when the shop will be ready. She has just been working so hard to make all the preparations so we are guessing she's adding a few extra surprises for all the donations, so stay tuned and we will notify you as soon as we hear from Granny!

Of course

tenor.gif

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts 7 words or more.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hanso said:

Of course

tenor.gif

 

It was obvious that was going to happen! :hmmph:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The perks shop is open!

I redeemed the Bring Back the Old Days boon:

Quote

New theme Cyodrake's Gaze added successfully

I was hoping for the Curse of Maraqua site theme :( But oh well, getting a retired site theme is still pretty cool :P

There's also a perk that gives you one avatar you don't already have, but don't expect to get a rare or retired one. There's a list of possible avatars in the FAQ, and they're mostly clicklables, so if you've already got them all, you'll be given the Royal Korbat avvy (the version you don't have).

Quote

New Avatar Korbat - Royal added successfully

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh boy .. is this disappointing :D 

i like the site theme and retired avatar ideas though

but i'm still not sure about the other perks .. the Stock Market & Bank Interest ? are these permanent ... ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

but i'm still not sure about the other perks .. the Stock Market & Bank Interest ? are these permanent ... ??

Depends on the perk. Those two last 1 year :)

To be honest I'm okay with this prize shop. Overall it is definitely a little disappointing, but I've always wanted to have some of the old retired site themes, so to be able to redeem one made me pretty happy :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, I have my 28k of points in the perks shop, despite still not having received the Neomail or item/NP prizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hanso said:

The perks shop is open!

I redeemed the Bring Back the Old Days boon:

I was hoping for the Curse of Maraqua site theme :( But oh well, getting a retired site theme is still pretty cool :P

There's also a perk that gives you one avatar you don't already have, but don't expect to get a rare or retired one. There's a list of possible avatars in the FAQ, and they're mostly clicklables, so if you've already got them all, you'll be given the Royal Korbat avvy (the version you don't have).

 

I couldnt find the list in the FAQ. Do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kute said:

I couldnt find the list in the FAQ. Do you have a link?

http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2597

here you go

so we can get only one site theme ... and one avatar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angeló said:

http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2597

here you go

so we can get only one site theme ... and one avatar 

Thank you very much. :) 

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts 7 words or more.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hanso said:

Depends on the perk. Those two last 1 year :)

To be honest I'm okay with this prize shop. Overall it is definitely a little disappointing, but I've always wanted to have some of the old retired site themes, so to be able to redeem one made me pretty happy :P

 

i got the Curse of Maraqua Theme :D

I wonder about this one ... what kind of positive RE ? a Nerkmid ? a  Map Piece ?  a Trans Potion ???

Guarantees a positive random event every day for an entire week. Make sure to log in everyday from the day you avail this to receive all 7. 
Duration : 7 days 
Points : 5000 

I think I will redeem it AFTER i redeem the Bank and Stocks Ones .... this will leave me with some points to spare ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I calculate how much interest I will receive with the 3% increase? I'm trying to figure out if the 10NP stocks or the 3% interest is better. 

 

Never mind I figured that out. If anyone is wondering. It is your bank total multiplied by the interest % and divided by 365 for interest per day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I feel ripped off! I only donated 3362 points, everything I had in the SDB, and I don't qualify for any of the good stuff. I would so like to have the bank boon. Oh well, I am not sure I will participate next time so I won't be disappointed. If I could I would give up my NC tickets for more NP's. I know I can't though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Well, I feel ripped off! I only donated 3362 points, everything I had in the SDB, and I don't qualify for any of the good stuff. I would so like to have the bank boon. Oh well, I am not sure I will participate next time so I won't be disappointed. If I could I would give up my NC tickets for more NP's. I know I can't though.

I only have 1,083 points, so at least you have more then I do. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've finally bit the bullet!

 

Submit a Ticket - Confirmation

 

Thank you for submitting your issue! The tracking number for your new ticket is #5163-7272964. You can track the status of your ticket by clicking on the "My Support" tab at the top of the page. If you have any questions, please let us know!
 

We'll see what happens now. Tickets are being dealt with and people are getting their prizes now, so here's hoping. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Well I've finally bit the bullet!

 

Submit a Ticket - Confirmation

 

Thank you for submitting your issue! The tracking number for your new ticket is #5163-7272964. You can track the status of your ticket by clicking on the "My Support" tab at the top of the page. If you have any questions, please let us know!
 

We'll see what happens now. Tickets are being dealt with and people are getting their prizes now, so here's hoping. :D

Looks like I will be doing the same thing. I can't believe this even happened in the first place. I just want my trophy!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, I can't access My Support now to check the status of the ticket, just get the blank page with that "Troubleshooter is unavailable" message at the side. -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×