Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

hrtbrk

I'm just wondering why you would want to donate higher rarity items worth thousands (or even a thousand) when you can just stock up on 1-10np junk and donate that en masse?

Isn't that a much better NP/charity points ratio? Or am I missing something:D

7 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Yay, cool, it is finally working for me!  Now to get rid of those gift boxes.

Edit: WAIT, I have to pay to donate something the site gave us that clutters our inventory/SDB?  N'thanks, I'll pass.

Hahaha! I thought the same thing! I was slightly annoyed when I realised that I will be stuck  with them forever.  I wish TNT would  let us discard them already

49 minutes ago, neo_girl_300993 said:

I'm just wondering why you would want to donate higher rarity items worth thousands (or even a thousand) when you can just stock up on 1-10np junk and donate that en masse?

Isn't that a much better NP/charity points ratio? Or am I missing something:D

Because getting a high-score that way would take so much more time. Also, unlike in previous CCs, higher rarity items are not really selling that well (at least from my own experience), so if I can't get money from them I'd rather just donate them :P

14 minutes ago, Hanso said:

Because getting a high-score that way would take so much more time. Also, unlike in previous CCs, higher rarity items are not really selling that well (at least from my own experience), so if I can't get money from them I'd rather just donate them :P

I just sold 5 stone muffins for 3300 NP each LOL

Now the real question - is my real time or fake Neopoints worth more to me?

9 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

I just sold 5 stone muffins for 3300 NP each LOL

How ya doing it? I've been trying to sell Sturdy Shields/The Missing Koi/Realm of the Water Faeries/Maraquan Defenders Stamps for the past 2 days to no avail :arrowhead:

1 minute ago, Hanso said:

I've been trying to sell Sturdy Shields/The Missing Koi/Realm of the Water Faeries/Maraquan Defenders Stamps for the past 2 days to no avail. How ya doing it? :P

I have no clue. Pure chance?

To be frank, no one's buying my water muffin and exploding snowball either

In any case, if I were to buy, I'd rather buy quadruple fudge cheese (r112) for a much "cheaper" price of 500 NP

OK, on the first day I was bored bc I had a TON of the same item(s) on the first page ... but now I'm actually having a lot of fun just slogging through my SDB. I like to purge my house about once a year, too, so I suppose it's unsurprising I get a little 'high' from the tidying lol.

I'm trying to sell anything I find that is worth over 2k, and donating the rest. I'd be embarrassed to tell you just how many items I started with, so I won't... but let's just say I will need all 11 days to get through this. I'm also keeping 1 of any item I just really like, and am keeping all my non-gross jellies and omelettes. 

I don't mind this change either, to be honest. I donated a LOT last year and probably about broke even with the prizes I got. I did get a stamp or two that I needed, and I'll admit that was awesome ;) But all in all, the organizer inside me will just have fun for the duration of the event. And truthfully, if I can sell as much as I'd like, I should make a good profit while I'm doing it.

I'm a cynical person, so I never feel comfortable assuming things will remain the same. I guess that's really why I never did anything other than hoard to prepare. At the same time, I can understand people being disappointed when they were really looking forward to something being a certain way. It's like a kid getting pumped for Xmas and waking up and finding out there aren't any presents lol

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

but we have to buy those hampers first !!

hmppph i thought we could just donate them like that

11 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Yay, cool, it is finally working for me!  Now to get rid of those gift boxes.

Edit: WAIT, I have to pay to donate something the site gave us that clutters our inventory/SDB?  N'thanks, I'll pass.

This was my initial thought too, then I looked at it another way.

This is enabling someone to get the new NC items just for the price of the basket, they're not having to give away any NC items they already own.So it is pretty thoughtful of JS to allow the gift boxes to be donated.

Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that in all probability this is thoughtfulness by accident. Going by their track record I don't imagine for one second that it was an active decision to allow this, I expect they just didn't realise. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I am deep in CC hell. Though I have no idea how some people have the patience to get 10000 points per day.

I am deeper than you!

You have total 14075 points . How generous!

It's going much quicker for me now, maybe because I've nearly cleared the 1300+ items that were in my inventory now :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I am deeper than you!

It's going much quicker for me now, maybe because I've nearly cleared the 1300+ items that were in my inventory now :ph34r:

Wow! Almost double :arrowhead: Do you have a point goal set in mind? Also, do you listen to music or something while you donate? If it weren't for music I just couldn't do this. Donating is such a tedious process :laugh:

Just now, Hanso said:

Wow! Almost double :arrowhead: Do you have a point goal set in mind? Also, do you listen to music or something while you donate? If it weren't for music I just couldn't do this. Donating is such a tedious process :laugh:

I'm watching the TV at the same time. Multi-tasking FTW!

I think I may have just hit my goal right this minute. :ph34r:

I've just finished donating all the super/extra/ultra rare stuff. Starting on rares that only nets you 10 points for each quintet of donations . . . MEH! lol.

Has anyone noticed the money Tree is bare since the CC started? LOL 

Now that I've started the CC, I remember why I didn't finish it the one time I played... IT TAKES SO LONG TO DONATE STUFF!!!!! Eleven days of this drudgery?? Really??? UGH! I wish this was also a way to get the Trash Avatar too... 

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've just finished donating all the super/extra/ultra rare stuff. Starting on rares that only nets you 10 points for each quintet of donations . . . MEH! lol.

I wish I still had those! I ran out a while ago :P

I'm at 8138 points now. I think I'll try to get to 10000 and then stop. The donating process is so tedious and frustrating that I'm slowly but surely losing what little sanity I had left :arrowhead:

On 3/13/2018 at 8:17 AM, jellysundae said:

*tries*

Er, yeah, nothing happening for me either.

Lol, why doesn't this surprise me? :laugh:

EDIT

AHA! @GillyTook changes were being made! My donation went though despite no button-pressy action, and now there's the NP/NC donation options which weren't there yesterday.

I had this problem yesterday but it was quickly resolved by refreshing the page. Worked every time!

Ok, here's a good one for you all. In my defense I have not been feeling well this entire week. Last night it was late and I was going through the SDB and remembered reading a post on here about being able to donate the BASIC GIFT BOXES. I had more than 90 boxes along with several other NC items I had no use for. So, I thought WOW! I am going to donate those. I had 100 NC so I wanted to be sure I could actually donate the boxes so I donated 3 and received a ticket. Well after seeing the prizes I could get for tickets I decided to buy some NC at the mall. Of course the 50$ is the best deal and it was after midnight here so technically it IS my birthday. I decided to use PayPal and purchase 5500 NC and I could buy 30 donation baskets. Enough for the 90 boxes. I was so excited!! I bought the NC got up, went and got a drink, used the bathroom and roamed around a minute before I came back to the computer. The purchase hadn't shown up in my account yet. I had not received an email from PayPal in my email so I thought I was such a dummy and didn't do something right. Well, now I have 100$ worth of NC. 55 NC from each purchase. Not only did the first one go through but so did the send one. I spent a little more but I still have 9640 NC so I have a little extra to spend now. (Slapping myself on the forehead) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! On the up side I had enough tickets (with leftovers) to buy one of everything.

I will be in one of the lowest tiers when this is over, maybe between 1,000 and 2,000. I have plenty to donate, if I wanted to. But the time it takes, plus my suspicion that the prizes received may not equal the future value of stuff to be sold, are keeping me from giving away the store. I am wondering what the prize levels will be. If I knew what they were before the cut off point it would help me decide if I can give more to reach a higher level. Maybe it will be more like a shop where you can buy what your points allow. But I wonder if it may be both ways of being rewarding, with extra prizes going to the biggest donors.

8 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Has anyone noticed the money Tree is bare since the CC started? LOL

Oh yes! I've got much amusement from that. lol.gif

2 hours ago, lakecat said:

I am wondering what the prize levels will be.

I kind of imagine TNT are too, right now.

And I'm actually not being facetious here, lol. :angel:

I'm guessing the reward tiers wont be set until quite near the end of the event, once they've got fairly comprehensive figures for the amounts people have donated.

But then again, this IS JS, so they may well have taken a wild stab-in-the-dark before things started, and set figures that will turn out to be way off base. We'll find out soon enough! :arrowhead:

I finally tried out the NC donations today. I bought a 10-pack of hampers and donated 30 items--all junk stuff that I've snagged from the Money Tree. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with a lot of the NC prizes. After playing with them all in DTI for a bit, I ended up getting the Satin Rose Gold Gown, Flowy Floral Dress, Braided Lavender Wig, Feathered Suit with Boutonniere, and Hanging Flowers Backdrop. 700 NC for 5 new items isn't bad imo, especially since the items I donated never cost me anything in the first place. 

I'm struggling with working out how much I need to donate for the items that I like, any time I try my poor brain gets all :crying_anim: on me.

I think it's the receipts part that I can't get my head around. These are the items I'd like.

mall_trink_hangingflowerbd.gif 1 receipt

mall_trink_woodenplanter.gif2 receipts

mall_clo_flowyfloral.gifmall_trink_buzzfountain.gif3 receipts each

mall_bg_secretnookbg.gif 4 receipts

Can someone explain to my poor ol' grey cells what baskets I need to get these items? :blush:

23 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Can someone explain to my poor ol' grey cells what baskets I need to get these items? :blush:

You have to donate 3 NC items to get 1 receipt. All the items you want cost 13 receipts total, so you will need 13 hampers and 39 items to donate

Edit: buying one 10-pack and three 1-packs of hampers costs the same as buying a single 20-pack of hampers, so you may as well buy the 20-pack and get yourself a few extra items, or spares that you can trade later! 

14 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

You have to donate 3 NC items to get 1 receipt. All the items you want cost 13 receipts total, so you will need 13 hampers and 39 items to donate

13 hampers. So . . . I could get a 10 pack and 3 singles?

But it would be better value to get a 20 pack as that's the same price.

Have I understood? :ph34r: