Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

hrtbrk

1 minute ago, kayahtik said:

@jellysundae Ah, you beat me to it! I just edited my previous post to say exactly that. But yes, the 20-pack would be the best value ^^ 

Ok! Thank you ^.^

Now to give my brain a caffeine infusion and potentially see about giving Neo some money. :O

On 15/03/2018 at 4:12 AM, charelan said:

10000 points per day??? Yikes. I could see it on one day, but for all 11? Wow. 

I know right? I saw someone on the neoboards who already has 102029 points. I'm not even kidding. HOW.

My hunch tells me that if the prizes are gonna be tier-based, it's gonna be something like this:

Top tier: 50,000+ points

Second: 25,000+ points

Third: 10000+ points

Fourth: 5000+ points

Fifth: 1000+ points

Participation trohy: at least one donation

I might be completely wrong though :P

It will be very interesting to see what the top tier cut-off point turns out to be.

Consider if you would the AC rankings, and the people who go for double and triple All-star.

I'd like to hope the points for this will work similarly. There WILL be a fairly small (I think) amount of people who attain completely insane point scores, but they'll not be counted in the prize determination, just like the lowest amounts probably won't either, because the stuff at either end skews the figures too much.

But figuring out how much is likely to be too much is the trick, isn't it . . .

27 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'd like to hope the points for this will work similarly. There WILL be a fairly small (I think) amount of people who attain completely insane point scores, but they'll not be counted in the prize determination, just like the lowest amounts probably won't either, because the stuff at either end skews the figures too much.

Basically, you hope TNT grades us on a curve :P

I'm hoping for the same. I think my goal will be 10k, which I should be able to reach without buying anything. I'm saving my r90s until the end so that if I have any left I can sell them and still make a few nps, that way even if the prize shop sucks it won't be a total loss for me. 

9 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Basically, you hope TNT grades us on a curve :P

I'm hoping for the same. I think my goal will be 10k, which I should be able to reach without buying anything. I'm saving my r90s until the end so that if I have any left I can sell them and still make a few nps, that way even if the prize shop sucks it won't be a total loss for me. 

Is that the right name? lol. I've no idea, but at least you knew what I was on about. :D

I'm at 15.5k right now. Contemplating hitting 16 before bed, but we'll see.   :ph34r:

Heads up, if anyone wants a couple NC items for the NC part shoot me a message. I have a few "junk" items I never use sitting around.

I am VERY disappointed! For those of us who ALREADY have that avatar, we get NOTHING!!!! That isn't right.  They do that too often, recycling avatars.  That particular avatar should have been retired.  There are some retired avatars that I would like to have too.  Very disappointing JS.  You failed this time.  BIG TIME!!!

What, what now?

Hmmm . . .

Going from past CC avatar experience, I'll hold off on my disgust for now, give them the benefit of the doubt, and the eyeroll of knowing how incompetent they are, and hope this is yet another mess up.

Uploaded this year's avatar on top of the last one, again, maybe?

Oh dear . . see I KNOW I've said, during conversation about the plot, that they'd hopefully learn from the horrible mistakes they're making . . .

I suppose I have to also learn. Learn that no, they don't! :laugh::rolleyes:

I don't see why people think the avatar is a problem. This is just like a seasonal avatar, no different than the Advent Calendar one or the Altador Cup one. They're not giving out retired avatars, because that avatar wasn't retired in the first place. It's recurring. And considering we're less than halfway through the event, I'm sure there'll still be something else coming, especially considering how TNT have been handing out new avatars like candy lately. 

10 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I don't see why people think the avatar is a problem. This is just like a seasonal avatar, no different than the Advent Calendar one or the Altador Cup one. They're not giving out retired avatars, because that avatar wasn't retired in the first place. It's recurring. And considering we're less than halfway through the event, I'm sure there'll still be something else coming, especially considering how TNT have been handing out new avatars like candy lately. 

And here look! That magnanimity that Granny's talking about! :heart:

I still think they've borked again, just because this is an exact repeat of what they did last year. So I'm hopeful for a new avatar come the end of the event.

YAY! I just got this avatar minutes ago. It must be random from the points though because the person above said they had just 149 points. I have only 1469 points. Neither of those are a lot of points but there is a little difference though. I have done each CC as they come up but I never received an avatar. So, of course, I am happy to get this one. 

charitycorner2017.gif You are now eligible to use 'Winter Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

First of all, nobody said they are giving out retired avatars.  If you ready my post, I said this one SHOULD be retired. (But for the record, it IS retired).  Second, it is not just like seasonal ones.  An event is way different.  We are giving items here.  Every charity corner avatar has been different.  As Jellysundae said, last year, they did glitch it and gave out the old for a day then fixed it.  Hopefully that is the case. 

@jellysundae said, And here look! That magnanimity that Granny's talking about! :heart:

I still think they've borked again, just because this is an exact repeat of what they did last year. So I'm hopeful for a new avatar come the end of the event.

I think/hope you are right. 

PLUS another problem with it that some of us people have is, if it is a glitch, when they fix it, as they did last year, it makes it so that people who got the glitched one can't get the correct one.

I hope we get to keep the "old" avatar though, I missed out on the last few event avatars because of rl stuff happening and not having time to play a lot of Neopets. So no matter if it was intended or not, I'm happy with it, and I guess a lot of other people will be too!

6 minutes ago, Duma said:

I hope we get to keep the "old" avatar though, I missed out on the last few event avatars because of rl stuff happening and not having time to play a lot of Neopets. So no matter if it was intended or not, I'm happy with it, and I guess a lot of other people will be too!

Yes, but if it is a glitch and they release the correct one, you won't get that one.  I would rather have the one that I actually participated in.  But that's me.  I guess it really doesn't matter.

Hi all. I hope that the tiers are pre set and not based off what the avg is on what people are donating. Because having 100K donations is ridiculous! Like others have said, I do not enjoy this charity corner only because we are going in blind and dont know how much we need to donate to qualify for prizes. Good luck to everyone though. Im not really an avid player I just do my dailies and log off so its a bit difficult to have hoarded items to donate. 

47 minutes ago, xd0rkus58 said:

Heyy all! I just got the Winter Charity Corner Avatar, this is an old avatar right??

i think so

i just got to 2515 points 

i hope to reach 5000 by the end of the event

11 hours ago, bearsandthings said:

I was surprised to receive my CC Avatar today as I have only have earned 149 points. My daughter has more points but still doesn't have hers yet.

I'm fairly sure everyone who donates today is getting that avatar, regardless of point count, unless they already have it. If your daughter participated in CC last year perhaps she already received it?

23 hours ago, Hanso said:

I know right? I saw someone on the neoboards who already has 102029 points. I'm not even kidding. HOW.

My hunch tells me that if the prizes are gonna be tier-based, it's gonna be something like this:

Top tier: 50,000+ points

Second: 25,000+ points

Third: 10000+ points

Fourth: 5000+ points

Fifith: 1000+ points

Participation trohy: at least one donation

I might be completely wrong though :P

Someone lower down on the thread said "You're crazy." lol

But seriously tho... I'm at 4067 now and hoping to get to 20K by the end without buying much more than snow balls to make up...

I've donated every day, (not much today, as I just got home and I should really be in bed right now, but I wanted to donate something in case donating every day is a requirement for... an avatar), and have not gotten the avatar (considering I already have this one, I'm good with not getting it again).

If it's not a glitch, then it's just really, really random.