Charity Corner 2018 Is Here!

hrtbrk

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Granny's not shown me any appreciation yet, I guess she's feeling salty about my reaction to @Scoobert_Doo's post here.

They're usually handing them out alphabetically by username. I did just get mine, so they're at least halfway through the alphabet. ;)

In case anyone's interested in the rewards:

I had 17k points and I got a Gold Trophy, 10k NP, 250 NC and 3 items (book, background and wearable). There's also a new avatar. (I didn't get the notification, but I do have it.) I have no idea what the requirements for the avatar were though.

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a gold trophy for your user lookup, as well as 10,000 Neopoints, 250 NC and three exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

Looks like my predictions about the prize tiers were waaay off. Apparently 10001+ points is enough to get a gold trophy.

2 hours ago, SpideyLuc said:

edit:

image.png.b3b9ec552f27dd471f03f9450eca3071.png

To be honest, I like the trophies, but the participation medal looks cooler. Loving the red and gold :P

48 minutes ago, Nielo said:

They're usually handing them out alphabetically by username. I did just get mine, so they're at least halfway through the alphabet. ;)

In case anyone's interested in the rewards:

I had 17k points and I got a Gold Trophy, 10k NP, 250 NC and 3 items (book, background and wearable). There's also a new avatar. (I didn't get the notification, but I do have it.) I have no idea what the requirements for the avatar were though.

Ah! Just talking to @lakecat I wondered if prize distribution was by donation amount. Thinking about it that was silly of me to think that, alphabetical order makes WAY more sense. So I'll be close to the bottom of the list as my username begins with a Y! lol.

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 5,000 Neopoints, 200 NC and two exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

Darn it, I was aiming for gold xD At least we'll have a better idea for next year!

Just now, etrnldarkness said:

Darn it, I was aiming for gold xD At least we'll have a better idea for next year!

Unless they change everything around again next year, which is a very real possibility, considering that's what happened this year. (Let's put it this way: I put the same amount of time and effort (= being a hoarder and clearing out my SDB) in 3 CC's and for the first two I got a Bronze Trophy and for this one I got Gold. Being able to donate everything really changed the event a lot, but there's no telling if we'll be able to donate everything again next time.)

3 hours ago, Nielo said:

I kind of doubt they'll add more items, but it'd be nice if they did. :) Sure, here's the link: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/

*Edit: Maybe you can't reach it because of the lag. I've been playing NQ1 and the lag got so bad the wait time for the server to respond actually timed out.

Thank you for the link. Your right, nothing new was added so now I just need to decide what I want 2 of. I guess it is illegal for me to buy something and then trade whatever with another member for something else? I really do have on of everything and I think I saw I actually had 2 Feathered Suit with Boutonniere. I'm sure someone can tell me if it is illegal or not. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Hanso said:

Looks like my predictions about the prize tiers were waaay off. Apparently 10001+ points is enough to get a gold trophy.

To be honest, I like the trophies, but the participation medal looks cooler. Loving the red and gold :P

I'm diggin it too, I'm just glad I had enough junk to get to participate. It's hard with a 9-5

3 hours ago, Nielo said:

There's also a new avatar. (I didn't get the notification, but I do have it.) I have no idea what the requirements for the avatar were though.

Charity Corner 2018

Charity Corner 2018

Score at least 100 points in the event.

Twas a fairly low requirement, hope everyone is happy with their shiny new avatar!

Also for those who have not received their prizes yet, don't be alarmed if you get your items and NP but no NC - I found there was a delay of around 30 mins or more from getting the neomail, items and points before the NC showed.

54 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I think we should wait until the prize shop opens to decide whether or not participating in this event was worth it :P

Oh theres going to be a prize shop? Sorry I was not aware :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

I have Bronze Trophy but I don't have the avatar... I checked my Preferences and I don't see it anywhere.

My avatar was the very last one on the list. Maybe you didn't go down far enough?

10 hours ago, Kute said:

Am I the only one disappointed? I think I donated way more items neopoint wise than what I recieved in return. 

7 hours ago, Kute said:

Oh theres going to be a prize shop? Sorry I was not aware :biggrin:

Well, technically it'll be a "perks" shop. So these items we've already received will most likely be the only items we get. As for what kind of perks/boons we'll be able to choose from... no one knows, and they might still be disappointing, especially if you're hoping you'll get a reward somewhat equal to what you've donated. I think the entire idea behind the CC in general, but this CC in particular, is to focus on the giving part, and not so much on the getting prizes. Previous Charity Corners did give out plenty of valuable prizes, but the different set-up this year, plus Granny's reminders in her messages that it's all about giving and not about greed, probably mean that TNT will no longer reward the donating of items with more items.

21 hours ago, Hanso said:

I really like the trophies too.  Participation trophies do always seem to be nicer.  I guess they need to make it so that, whatever trophy you receive, it is something to be proud of.  Whether it looks nice, or it is a high achievement.  

20 hours ago, etrnldarkness said:

Don't count on it, lol.  I think, because this was new, they were getting an idea of how much people actually donated, and will change the requirements, or they will change the whole event next year as people seemed to be very disappointed with it this year.

20 hours ago, Nielo said:

Unless they change everything around again next year, which is a very real possibility, considering that's what happened this year. (Let's put it this way: I put the same amount of time and effort (= being a hoarder and clearing out my SDB) in 3 CC's and for the first two I got a Bronze Trophy and for this one I got Gold. Being able to donate everything really changed the event a lot, but there's no telling if we'll be able to donate everything again next time.)

EXACTLY! Same with me, I got bronze the first two CCs as well and a gold this time.  Because the first 2 was more lucrative to sell items rather than donate, lol.  This year was more beneficial to donate.  At least I didn't have to donate all my r90+ items.  I donated more of my junk items, so I still have rare items for future CC's.  yay!

18 hours ago, Angeló said:

i got the avatar

but my avatar count didn't increase

it's supposed to be 333

my lookup still shows 332

--

got Gold + 250 NC + 10k NP + 3 items like everyone else

same here Angelo'.  My avatar count remained the same too, that's why I wasn't sure if I had gotten it.  I saw yours on my friends list so I went to check if I had it.  

18 hours ago, Kute said:

Am I the only one disappointed? I think I donated way more items neopoint wise than what I recieved in return. 

No, you are not the only one who is disappointed. I am not so much disappointed with how much I got compared with how much I donated per se', because every year, I have always donated more than I have received.  I have always done better by selling items rather than donating, but this year the items weren't as high priced so I donated.  I am happy I did because I received the gold and still have plenty of r90+ items for the next CC.  

18 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

My avatar was the very last one on the list. Maybe you didn't go down far enough?

I do not have the avatar. I checked all my avatars 1 by 1 and no sign of it *cries* 

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've got nothing at all yet, lol.

But wait, Yuiina has hers, and her username is after mine!

GRANNY HATES ME! T_T

xD

You're kidding right?? You got nothing????

1 hour ago, Kute said:

Now that its over, its time to start hoarding. Anyone have any tips? I hate shop stocking. 

Just do as many dailies as you can and keep all the items? Do daily battles too.