Old Member Coming Back

Enbyfriend

Hi! I just had a pretty major surgery that put me out of commission for a couple weeks and I picked up Neopets again! It took a while to figure out my password, but I'm back in my original account, but no neofriends are on anymore. Like others, I feel a bit older to be on the site (24), but it's so much fun that I don't really care anymore :P

Hey :D

Well done on getting back into your original account! Think Neo will suck you in again and you'll stick around once you're back into RL circulation?

I bet 24's the younger end of the age spectrum on Neo these days, so many of us grow up with the site. Or you're like me and first joined when you were already in your 30s, lol. :ph34r: I was a late developer!

Hey that's awesome! Welcome back to neopets! I have played since my teen years.. I'm not 34 and still play everyday! 

Hello Everyone!!

Yeah, I think the potential is definitely there for me to be on it again for a while :) Especially with the plot going on right now. I used to really love doing those plots! The only thing is Neopets seems to run a lot slower and I don't know if the games are harder or if their ratios changed, but I remember getting a lot more neopoints for a lot less effort lol

Any thoughts on this?

18 minutes ago, Enbyfriend said:

Hello Everyone!!

Yeah, I think the potential is definitely there for me to be on it again for a while :) Especially with the plot going on right now. I used to really love doing those plots! The only thing is Neopets seems to run a lot slower and I don't know if the games are harder or if their ratios changed, but I remember getting a lot more neopoints for a lot less effort lol

Any thoughts on this?

I think the slow running is just because of the Charity Corner event going on right now - unless you've had the problem for longer than that?

The ratios of a lot of games are changed once a month, around the 25th I think :D

Hey, warm welcome to TDN forums and back to Neopets! Glad you were able to get back into your original account, I lost mine some time ago but have been slowly building it back up! Don't worry, age is just a number haha. I'm 25 and still love Neopets whenever I get the chance to pop on.

Hope to see you around the forums :)

Would be super interesting if Neo did a survey to find out player's ages. Might even get Scrappy to stop talking to us like we're 5 in the NT Editorials if she found out that a lot of us are quite a bit older than she undoubtedly is. :laugh:

Welcome, @Enbyfriend! I think you're still the youngest in this thread (I'm 28), so I wouldn't worry about feeling older. :wink:

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Would be super interesting if Neo did a survey to find out player's ages. Might even get Scrappy to stop talking to us like we're 5 in the NT Editorials if she found out that a lot of us a quite a bit older than she undoubtedly is. :laugh:

Oooh, I'd like that! (Both the survey and Scrappy changing her tone :P.) I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players is over 18 these days (although I might be basing that on the people who actively post on here/the neoboards, so the actual number of kids could be higher than I suspect).

Welcome to TDN and welcome back to Neopets. It's amazing you were able to get your old account back! Also: I hope your surgery went ok!

I've been playing for about 17 years too, was in my midteens when I started, so no need to feel old at all. And about the games: this month the ratio's of some of the more popular games are really awful. Kass Basher in particular.

The idea about a survey about the players ages could be interesting!

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Oooh, I'd like that! (Both the survey and Scrappy changing her tone :P.) I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players is over 18 these days (although I might be basing that on the people who actively post on here/the neoboards, so the actual number of kids could be higher than I suspect).

I think if there was a bunch of younger kids we'd know, there'd be too much freaking out of the ALL IN CAPS!!!!!111!!!11 variety on the boards. xD

And yep, it's definitely looking like you're the baby out of us in this thread! @Enbyfriend  :D (I'm 46) you're maybe younger than a lot of the active posters on here.

@midnight_spell360 is younger, I don't know about anyone else. Hmmm,  @Yuiina maybe?

So it seems a whole lot of adults are still aware that grown ups are allowed to have fun too. :D

13 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Yuiina is 27 :P 

Welcome back Enby :) Hope your recovery is going well. 

Cool, so so far that's just Midnight that's definitely younger than Enby then.

This is interesting because we're getting to find out how old we all are and I like knowing stuff like that, 'cause nosy. :ph34r: