Playing with the CC NC items.

Spring is in the air so Tate's back in his garden room, and he LOVES his new mini Buzzer abode! :D I wasn't sure it would look good, but it SO  does! and the little Buzzer fluttering about is so cute! http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1596242

I wish the garden room itself didn't look so posh, I wish I could have greenery along the top as well as the other stuff, but no can do. *woe* Hopefully a less fancy conservatory option comes along at some point in the future then I'll be very happy.

I wish there were more handheld options D: He has this big sprig of flowers which look a lot more natural than the bunch of tulips, but it's pink and blends in with the hanging plant. Though I'm very pleased with how that plant looks like it's on the hanging shelves. :D

preview.png

Miss. Gen though, oh boy . . . she's out in the garden and I'm THRILLED with how that's turned out. I WANT THIS GARDEN!!!

preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1596248

I was worried the swinging of the bed would be too much, but I'm cool with it. I'd very happily settle down there for a nap. :D

Those are great looks, Jelly! Am I correct in guessing that you have a love of plants, flowers and gardening? In the U.S., we call it "having a green thumb." 

I may get the hanging flowers in cages, but not sure for which pet yet. 

8 hours ago, lakecat said:

Those are great looks, Jelly! Am I correct in guessing that you have a love of plants, flowers and gardening? In the U.S., we call it "having a green thumb." 

I may get the hanging flowers in cages, but not sure for which pet yet. 

Thank you :D

I DO have a love of plants, yes! though not an especially green thumb, lol. :blush: I love the idea of gardening, but I know myself well enough to know that if I actually had a garden it would be an over-grown mess. If one could be designed to work with the restrictions my disease enforces upon me, plus my innate laziness, then I'd be willing to give it a go. :ph34r:

Incidentally, in the UK we call it having green fingers! So between us the 2 counties manage an entire hand. :laugh:

I liked the look of the hanging baskets until I tried them on DTI, then I saw they followed a typical trait of many of Neo's items which isn't to my taste. They're huge, there's too many of them, and the animation's annoying, lol. I have to decide what to spend my last 3 receipts, but I'm not sure what to go for, I have all the items I want so I'd just be doubling up on something.

Yesterday I went looking at handhelds again, after once more being annoyed by the limited options I have. I remembered about the pretty dandelion clock that was part of the Kacheek Day clothing, but when I tried it on my little guy you can barely see it. :(

Squint, it's there.

medium_preview.png

So while I will buy him those, because they're so pretty, not just yet as they're no good for this look. Then I found this.

medium_preview.png

Much better! The amusingly named Magical Sparkling Happiness Faerie Flower. xD So I rushed off to buy it, only to be told Oops, you cannot hold more than 50 items! facepalm.gif

Forgot I have approx. 1 squintillion items in my inventory right now for CC :arrowhead:

Though my handheld investigating has shown me that what I really want for my little chap is this!

medium_preview.png

That's just perfect! Look how happy he is at the Carmariller coming to the flower! I love how it's fluttering amongst the leaves, plus the colours pop against the pink nicely. But URGH the stressiness of NC trading . . . :axehead: Finding someone who's set their items out on DTI in a way that doesn't make my brain shut-down has proved impossible for me so far, it's just too complicated.

11 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Tate's looking fabulous! :heart:

The Carmariller would fit perfectly there! 

Yes! It WILL won't it, because I will manage to get it eventually, when I finally find someone who's DTI closet doesn't make me want to cry. >_<

But in the meantime I've got him the big pink faerie flower and will equip that in a bit. :3

1 minute ago, Yuiina said:

GL with that! Most of DTI's user have a huuuuuge page. But you can always use CTRL + F to write the item. And check from there :) 

I keep seeing DTI but I have no idea what that stands for. Will you please tell me? Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I keep seeing DTI but I have no idea what that stands for. Will you please tell me? Thank you.

DTI stands for Dress To Impress, a site that will let you dress up your Neopets (or just random Neopets) with all the items available in the game, to see what they look like on your pet. Or just to play around with. :)

1 minute ago, Nielo said:

DTI stands for Dress To Impress, a site that will let you dress up your Neopets (or just random Neopets) with all the items available in the game, to see what they look like on your pet. Or just to play around with. :)

Oh, thank you. I am going to check this out! Sounds like it may be fun.

19 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

GL with that! Most of DTI's user have a huuuuuge page. But you can always use CTRL + F to write the item. And check from there :) 

It's not finding the item that's the problem, my F3 button is my friend :heart:

My issue is simply understanding what people want for the item, whether it's even up for sale and so on. One I saw today said NC UFT. So ok, UFT is up for trade, but saying NC means what? They want NC items for it? I don't have items people on there will want.

All I know is paying for items with Mystery Capsules, the rest is just complete confusion. :blush02:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's not finding the item that's the problem, my F3 button is my friend :heart:

My issue is simply understanding what people want for the item, whether it's even up for sale and so on. One I saw today said NC UFT. So ok, UFT is up for trade, but saying NC means what? They want NC items for it? I don't have items people on there will want.

All I know is paying for items with Mystery Capsules, the rest is just complete confusion. :blush02:

That depends from person to person. Some are interested in other NC items, other want GBC. But in any case, just send a neomail to them asking what would they want (you may get yourself the neomail avatar on the run :laughingsmiley:

9 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

That depends from person to person. Some are interested in other NC items, other want GBC. But in any case, just send a neomail to them asking what would they want (you may get yourself the neomail avatar on the run :laughingsmiley:

I'm so nervous about contacting people, especially as @kayahtik has had a lot of bad luck with people never responding about trade queries. ._.

I agree with @Yuiina, you should just neomail them and ask! Most people are nice about it, and if they're rude then, well, that's their problem. According to the /~waka guide, it's worth 2-3 GBC, so since it's not super high value you might find someone willing to accept GBC. You could also try offering a 'custom,' meaning that you will buy the person something that's currently in the mall. They may want fortune cookies, game packs, etc. 

EDIT: LOL, yeah, I do have people ignore me a lot of the time. But oh well! You just gotta keep asking. 

2 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

You could also try offering a 'custom,' meaning that you will buy the person something that's currently in the mall. They may want fortune cookies, game packs, etc.

Is that what that means? See this is my HUGE problem with DTI, all these terms bandied around and I have no idea what they mean. It overwhelms me and I just back away.

Plus going through all the people who have the Carmariller Flower and trying to find one that IS actually selling it. (I do know that HTPW thing because you explained that one to me :3) it's just too much, lol.

DTI having this means to trade is GREAT, but O. M. G. it's SO clunky and non-user friendly.

It's mainly a pain because traders are finicky with their wishlists and have a bunch of different ones, and huge lists of rules, etc. etc. 

Do you have your tradelist in DTI? If so, you can use the "compare with my items" button to quickly show you any items you have that the other person wants. That doesn't help you in the case of them wanting GBCs or customs though. 

Also, I assume you're aware of TDN's NC guide, but here it is just in case. They have a useful list of definitions/abbreviations: 

• Buyable - These are items that are still available in the NC Mall.
  • Retired - These are items that are no longer available in the NC Mall.
  • LE - Limited edition item. These items are usually found in mystery capsules and superpacks.
  • Re-released - These items were once retired but are once again available through the NC mall (usually through fortune cookies or mystery capsules.
  • Cap or MC - Mystery Capsule
  • GBC - Gift Box Mystery Capsule
  • MME - Mysterious Morphing Experiment
  • SS - Stocking Stufftacular
  • BG - Background
  • Custom - An item that is requested by someone that is still in the NC Mall. Requires you to purchase the item in question in order to trade for the item that you want from the other person.
  • GBcube or Cube - Represents the new Gift Box Mystery Capsules that guarantee two Basic NC Gift boxes when opened.

8 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

It's mainly a pain because traders are finicky with their wishlists and have a bunch of different ones, and huge lists of rules, etc. etc. 

Do you have your tradelist in DTI? If so, you can use the "compare with my items" button to quickly show you any items you have that the other person wants. That doesn't help you in the case of them wanting GBCs or customs though. 

Also, I assume you're aware of TDN's NC guide, but here it is just in case. They have a useful list of definitions/abbreviations: 

Oh, thank you! I'm pretty sure I MUST have looked at that guide . . . but on the other hand . . .

Oh, actually, I don't think I have, so thanks very much for drawing my attention to it. :D

I don't have a tradelist, no. There's so little that I'd get rid of as I have very little NC stuff, and it would only be the stuff that other people don't want either, lol. >_<

4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I don't have a tradelist, no. There's so little that I'd get rid of as I have very little NC stuff, and it would only be the stuff that other people don't want either, lol. >_<

Well, you never know! Everyone starts somewhere. You'll find it. Have you tried making a board on the NCC? I know that can be intimidating, but if you ever want to have a joint board let me know! I'd be happy to help out :) 

4 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Well, you never know! Everyone starts somewhere. You'll find it. Have you tried making a board on the NCC? I know that can be intimidating, but if you ever want to have a joint board let me know! I'd be happy to help out :) 

Oh golly, if you could see the D:<<< face I just made at the idea of making a board you'd know the answer to that question. xDDD

I might hide behind you on one, one day, maybe. But just EEEEEK!! The very idea fills me with horror, lol. But thank you for offering to hold my hand! :heart:

I have just given my little guy (whom my brain has re-christened Taffy today, it would seem! lol xD) the big pink flower that I got him earlier, so he's a step closer to his final flower destination. :lmaosmiley:

4.png

Also, my current shield . . . :laugh:

39mth.gif

I like the pink flower! It matches the ones hanging behind him. Also I see that you made good use of the shrubbery again xD

And how fitting of your shield! It suits the custom...and you, in general :P

37 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Also I see that you made good use of the shrubbery again xD

b)

38 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

And how fitting of your shield! It suits the custom...and you, in general :P

Really, all there is to say to that is :P isn't there. :laugh: