How to get rid of basic gift boxes

Trea

I have a ton of gift boxes I want to get rid of.  How can you do that? I tried to donate them to Charity Corner, but that wasn't possible.  Also I have some NC items on a side account.  How can I move them to another account.  The pet they were for has been transferred and I wanted them to go with her.

As far as I know, there's no way to get rid of a gift box except by using it. You can't donate or discard them via your inventory or quickstock. I've heard you can donate them to CC, although you'd have to buy a pack of hampers first. Otherwise, you'll just be stuck with them in your SDB forever. 

To move your NC between accounts, you'll need...you guessed it, gift boxes! But if you don't have any boxes on the account with the items, you'll have to get a GBC on there somehow--either by buying it straight from the mall on the account where you need it, or sending it there from another account (with one of your surplus gift boxes!). 

Summary: it's all a major pain. Good luck!

I donated more than 90 gift boxes to CC. I had to buy hampers to do it but in the end I got some nice NC items in exchange. All those gift boxes were free so although I did pay for the hampers I feel I got a nice bargain with all the new NC items I got.