Wraith Resurgence: The Note And Forgotten Graveyard!

hrtbrk

You Throw Pillows at Kaia and sleep comes quickly.    
You swipe wildly at Kaia with your Turned Tooth!
As you swing your Yooyu Knuckle Duster at Kaia it scrunches up its face in an angry snarl and smashes them with a golden starburst!

Aaaaand that's all Kaia wrote. I'm glad I didn't jump the gun, like @Angeló said. I only missed out on one day of battledome prizes. Considering how stingy it's been for me lately, probably not much of a loss anyway. I hope everyone else using this method finishes her off soon! 

EDIT: My neopoint reward for this battle was 1248 Neopoints...isn't that weirdly high??? 

It's gonna take 2 more days for me to beat Kaia, I wish I had 2 Blazing Embers, lol. I'd get through this quicker then!

I want to know about Malum! He's surely going to figure in things further, not least with us finding out where he's disappeared to.

Well, seeing that Kaia morphed into the DF, quickly, at the end of the fight, I would say it is a good guess that she was taken and replaced while she was in the woods.  Personally, I don't care anymore at this point. It has dragged on long enough now. I put my heart and soul into it and did all of the fiendish formations but did not get the avatar. Apparently I didn't do the first one on the first day. I was so done with it after that, that just took the wind right out of my sails. I was so disappointed after that, I pretty much gave up on this plot after that. Hopefully they hurry up and end it at this point. I am with others here, Kaia doesn't feel "bossy" to me.  I was able to take her out, on hard, without taking any damage.  I do have the entangling Lenny Lasso though, so that along with lens flare, and warlock's rage makes me able to freeze her for 3 rounds.  That helped a LOT! Lol.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if we'd have to battle the DF next, and she turned into *dun, Dun, DUN* (wait for it...) Granny Hopbobbin! Now, I'm sure Granny could pack in a punch or two. Even the Charity Corner FAQS have this to say:

Now, don’t go ask Granny what you are getting in return for your generosity. She will probably tell you off...

Well, I suppose, too, that Malum could really be Kaia. Maybe Kaia was "on to" the DF, and she (DF) turned Kaia into Malum. Would explain Malum's strange behavior (leaving the infirmary and note, and the sword at the Forgotten Graveyard). Plus, the note that Malum left, seems liked on of Kaia's "murmurs". However, Kaia, herself, made a few strange comments - "Be careful who you mess with, Malum." How did she know Malum's name? I still think it was the DF, all along, misleading us and the Faeries, by disguising herself as "Kaia".

Anyhow, Day 3 of fighting Kaia/DF and have her down to 236 HP. Oh, no! I accidentally hit "Fight" and she totally destroyed me! Argh! I was trying to click on "Combat Log" and hit "Fight" by mistake! Guess I have to start over. Will take 5/6 days. I just hope I still have time to fight her on hard. (Part of me is thinking that since CC ends on 23 March, that this plot could end at the same time. But I really hope not.)

On 3/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

And...back to the "Throw Pillows" method. Luckily, I still had 128 Weak Bottled Air Faeries in my SDB, and not donated them all to Charity Corner. Think it will take me 5 days to defeat her, if she doesn't heal herself.

But, *sigh*, most were right that it was Kaia. I'm going to hide in Charity Corner with @jellysundae, after I defeat her. It just doesn't feel right. We finally get a new character, who happens to be a Faerie, after a long time (Sorry, Tospy doesn't count), and she is evil, and not even "new"! And Queen Fyora didn't even noticed this!? The one who turned her into a stone statue!? Most powerful faerie in all Faeriedom!? Worst Queen ever! And is this the face of vile and fierceness portrait_688.png!? My apologies to all who love Neopets Faeries, but, for now, I lost all respect for them. Although I didn't participate in it, isn't this "plot" similar to "The Faerie's Ruin"? It's great to recycle, but not so much with plots. Going to curl up in a ball and cry in a dark corner...

I wouldn't say the plot is like Faerie Ruins, but it doesn't seem right. :( I'm upset too. I really liked Kaia and I hated how every bashed her, but I guess "Kaia" wasn't even Kaia. I'm just confused how The Darkest Faerie got out AGAIN, I mean I'm not sure of the video game is canon or not, but after that huge battle with Tormund + Roberta and her I'm surprised she's back (also is it just me or is her being the Darkest Faerie seem really last minute and thrown together?).

The Faeries got bamboozled by the Darkest Faerie in the Video game as well, I think Fyora was on the the first few faeries to get "possessed" in the game as well, so I'm not surprised. I don't think that makes all the faeries bad/dumb, just not analyzing things very well. I think Illusen actually fought it back more with a charm she had in the Darkest Faerie as I think she was the last Faerie in the game that got Possessed before you defeated The Darkest Faerie.

*sigh* can this plot be over now?

I'm really hoping that there IS a real Kaia, during her Murmurs she had this pink-ish and friendly aura and after she went into the woods she turned out to be very mean. It's possible she was abducted and impersonated there. I'm guessing that the Darkest Faerie probably tried to do it to Fyora, but couldn't cause she was too strong, so she settled for Kaia instead.

@rntracy1 I had that same issue, I had submitted a score for fiendish formations the second day and I KNOW I did, but it didn't take it and when I messaged the staff they just told me some crap that their records didn't show that I got it and they won't give me the avie, VERY LIVID.

2 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I wouldn't say the plot is like Faerie Ruins, but it doesn't seem right. :( I'm upset too. I really liked Kaia and I hated how every bashed her, but I guess "Kaia" wasn't even Kaia. I'm just confused how The Darkest Faerie got out AGAIN, I mean I'm not sure of the video game is canon or not, but after that huge battle with Tormund + Roberta and her I'm surprised she's back (also is it just me or is her being the Darkest Faerie seem really last minute and thrown together?).

The Faeries got bamboozled by the Darkest Faerie in the Video game as well, I think Fyora was on the the first few faeries to get "possessed" in the game as well, so I'm not surprised. I don't think that makes all the faeries bad/dumb, just not analyzing things very well. I think Illusen actually fought it back more with a charm she had in the Darkest Faerie as I think she was the last Faerie in the game that got Possessed before you defeated The Darkest Faerie.

*sigh* can this plot be over now?

*nods* Same here, I thought the Darkest Faerie was pretty much done after beating the old PS2 game, not necessarily permanently done. I wonder, will we have to fight TDF as herself, or will she escape to plan her revenge, while whomever may have released her gets discovered and maybe THAT will be our final boss? Nice to hear someone else reference the old PS2 game. Other than the glitches that would make it freeze and you'd have to reset and go back to your last save point, it was a pretty fun and challenging game. ;) If Kaia is from Shenkuu, could there possibly be something, or someone there who is an ally of TDF?! Could we have a World War with Shenkuu? Will Neopia be torn to shreds?!  Or is this just a convenient place for a commercial? lol  That last question, I'll be surprised is someone can say which animated series I got that from. ;)

I'm definitely curious to see how this plot plays out, it's not a conventional plot, thata's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

*nods* Same here, I thought the Darkest Faerie was pretty much done after beating the old PS2 game, not necessarily permanently done. I wonder, will we have to fight TDF as herself, or will she escape to plan her revenge, while whomever may have released her gets discovered and maybe THAT will be our final boss? Nice to hear someone else reference the old PS2 game. Other than the glitches that would make it freeze and you'd have to reset and go back to your last save point, it was a pretty fun and challenging game. ;) If Kaia is from Shenkuu, could there possibly be something, or someone there who is an ally of TDF?! Could we have a World War with Shenkuu? Will Neopia be torn to shreds?!  Or is this just a convenient place for a commercial? lol  That last question, I'll be surprised is someone can say which animated series I got that from. ;)

I'm definitely curious to see how this plot plays out, it's not a conventional plot, thata's for sure.

I'm just hoping I can beat her on hard as I have to do the Throw Pillow method. It seems I take about 100+ HP from her each time so I'm guessing 7 or 8 days for me. I didn't get on the last two days because of work so I'm hoping I have enough time to beat her on Hard. I REALLY want that charm O.o

All these people saying it's not hard and beating it in one go, man. My pet's not weak by ANY means, but you're making her feel like paper. RIP my Twin Turned Tooth's xD 

24 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I'm just confused how The Darkest Faerie got out AGAIN, I mean I'm not sure of the video game is canon or not, but after that huge battle with Tormund + Roberta and her I'm surprised she's back (also is it just me or is her being the Darkest Faerie seem really last minute and thrown together?).

Remember that in The Faeries' Ruin epilogue it is mentioned that the Darkest Faerie's statue went missing after Faerieland crashed, and King Altador embarked on a quest to find it. I always just assumed that after all the petrified faeries turned back to normal, TDF did too, and that's how she managed to escape. Pretty clever twist if you ask me (credit to the old TNT, not Jumpstart) :P

3 minutes ago, Hanso said:

Remember that in The Faeries' Ruin epilogue it is mentioned that the Darkest Faerie's statue went missing and Altador was looking for it. I always just assumed that after all the petrified faeries turned back to normal, TDF did too, and that's how she managed to escape. Pretty clever twist if you ask me (credits to the old TNT, not Jumpstart) :P

I didn't finish the Faeries Ruin Plot, but that makes sense, maybe the spell was too powerful that it fixed her too. Took her awhile to plot her revenge, and stupidly at that.

Roughly 350 H/S/D and it took me 3 days to beat her on Hard with Throw Pillows, so don't feel bad if you can't beat her easily, lol.

I agree with others; she doesn't feel like a true final boss. Neither did Malum. Hoping there's gonna be a real Big Bad that'll be downright impossible for anyone to beat.

@Musical_Shoyru, Well, she's easier by standards of final bosses in past plots. ;)
But if I attack her without trying to defend myself, and depending on which attacks she uses, she can take out over 700 hp in one round. Luckily there's more HP where that came from. lol I can usually get to round 5-7 before having to win. I use my freezer on turn 5 or 6 with the Rejuvenate ability to recover most HP, then I can take her out while using my healer to finish the healing. I made a useful pattern for the whole battle so I could get data on her equipment. Though for some reason, I've yet to see her Focus of Imminent Destruction do anything. So I gotta keep on trying until it does something. lol

Here's hoping Duskitty! I just wish they'd fix stealing before releasing the final "big bad". lol I truly enjoyed when I could steal Envy's prismatic mirror during the Obelisk War, would love to do that again to one of those unbeatable boss-types. LOL Especially if the final boss has a Skarls Sword. One of my all-time favorite weapons that I will probably never get to own. lol ;) Congrats on beating Kaia! Good luck with the next round! Whatever TNT throws at us! :D

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

Roughly 350 H/S/D and it took me 3 days to beat her on Hard with Throw Pillows, so don't feel bad if you can't beat her easily, lol.

I agree with others; she doesn't feel like a true final boss. Neither did Malum. Hoping there's gonna be a real Big Bad that'll be downright impossible for anyone to beat.

My stats are in the same ballpark as yours. I would have beaten Kaia yesterday as she had 7 HP and I was still full health. I had already used thrown pillows on her once and with her only at 7 HP remaining, I thought I could do it. So I used my Greater Healing Scroll, Sword of Malum and the Burrow ability. She blocked almost all my damage with her leaf shield and brought me down to 34HP leaving herself with only 2HP left. Today I finished her off!

Two or three more days using Throw Pillows and I'll have defeated Kaia. Thank God for this forum. I was just going to accept my fate of never getting the hard achievements. Once I defeate Kaia, I'll move on to Malum

Kaia's got just 58 health after me belting her with a pillow today, but I yelled at myself to NOT try for a second hit because I know full well I'd be living to regret that!

11 hours ago, Hanso said:

the Darkest Faerie's statue went missing after Faerieland crashed, and King Altador embarked on a quest to find it

A few days ago someone on the boards wondered if Malum is King Altador, under a spell by TDF, I guess. Is this something that would actually work Neo-lore wise?

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

My stats are in the same ballpark as yours. I would have beaten Kaia yesterday as she had 7 HP and I was still full health. I had already used thrown pillows on her once and with her only at 7 HP remaining, I thought I could do it. So I used my Greater Healing Scroll, Sword of Malum and the Burrow ability. She blocked almost all my damage with her leaf shield and brought me down to 34HP leaving herself with only 2HP left. Today I finished her off!

Wow, this makes me really glad that I didn't risk it yesterday. I would've been so annoyed at myself if I blew it in that one turn. I'm glad she didn't completely wipe you out though! Congrats!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

A few days ago someone on the boards wondered if Malum is King Altador, under a spell by TDF, I guess. Is this something that would actually work Neo-lore wise?

Hmm this would actually be interesting. I don't see why it wouldn't work, aside from no news about King Altador being missing lately. Would TDF have put up a fake Altador in his place while the real Altador was being Malum? 

13 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Hmm this would actually be interesting. I don't see why it wouldn't work, aside from no news about King Altador being missing lately. Would TDF have put up a fake Altador in his place while the real Altador was being Malum? 

JS could certainly SAY there was a clone Altador in place, lol. It's a bit too much of a stretch to do that as this point though, isn't it. I'm just really wondering who Malum IS, and more importantly, will we actually find out . . .

I think . . .

It will turn out that the BIG BOSS is . . .

Weltrude! :lmaosmiley:

Bitter at the closing of the Petpet Park, and then being thrown on the scrapheap herself, she's gone totally insane and has become a Wraith.

No gaping holes in that idea, nope.

. . .

No more than in JS's plot, at least. :ph34r:

So, I'm in the middle of using the Throw Pillows method, and I just went to the Battledome to get in today's hit, and this is what the screen looked like for me:

Um_JD_where_have_you_gooooone_22_03_18.j

I'm pretty sure my pet's not usually invisible. XD

I could hit Kaia just fine though. I did notice my pet is depressed; any chance it could be related to that?

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

So, I'm in the middle of using the Throw Pillows method, and I just went to the Battledome to get in today's hit, and this is what the screen looked like for me:

Um_JD_where_have_you_gooooone_22_03_18.j

I'm pretty sure my pet's not usually invisible. XD

I could hit Kaia just fine though. I did notice my pet is depressed; any chance it could be related to that?

I cannot un-see the kankle Kaia's got going on on her left leg there :ph34r:

While I swear that the Nimmo on my original account got depressed if I made him fight, if that's your normal battle pet that I (don't) see there I guess they're generally cool with fighting. So I suspect you got that nasty SSH that plummets your active pet into depression. SO tiresome playing with them endlessly to get them back into a more acceptable mood!

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I cannot un-see the kankle Kaia's got going on on her left leg there :ph34r:

While I swear that the Nimmo on my original account got depressed if I made him fight, if that's your normal battle pet that I (don't) see there I guess they're generally cool with fighting. So I suspect you got that nasty SSH that plummets your active pet into depression. SO tiresome playing with them endlessly to get them back into a more acceptable mood!

Lol, now that you've mentioned it, I can't unsee it either!

Yup, this is my normal battle pet (just... playing hide and seek?). SSH? (I'm sure I'm supposed to know what this stands for, but I don't. XD)

By the way, some people on the neoboards are reporting that the thusfar mysterious 'haze' achievement (now called 'Haze Be Gone') is green for them. Mine is still grey, even though I double-checked all the places that had the purple haze, but I'd already cleared it all. More glitchy things, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Lol, now that you've mentioned it, I can't unsee it either!

Yup, this is my normal battle pet (just... playing hide and seek?). SSH? (I'm sure I'm supposed to know what this stands for, but I don't. XD)

By the way, some people on the neoboards are reporting that the thusfar mysterious 'haze' achievement (now called 'Haze Be Gone') is green for them. Mine is still grey, even though I double-checked all the places that had the purple haze, but I'd already cleared it all. More glitchy things, I suppose.

Good good! Happy to spread that cannot un-seeness about! :lmaosmiley:

Ah, would help if I'd typed SHH, wouldn't it. Or even RE. Or even just SAID random event to stop being so ambiguous! lol.

Ah yes!! I saw that on JN, but my brain just flew on past that and forgot about it, so thank you for the reminder! Off to see if I can collect the achievement right this second!

Huh, yeah, still grey for me too.

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

Good good! Happy to spread that cannot un-seeness about! :lmaosmiley:

Ah, would help if I'd typed SHH, wouldn't it. Or even RE. Or even just SAID random event to stop being so ambiguous! lol.

Ah yes!! I saw that on JN, but my brain just flew on past that and forgot about it, so thank you for the reminder! Off to see if I can collect the achievement right this second!

SHH would've left me just as clueless, I'm afraid, but RE was what I thought you meant, I just wasn't aware there were other ways to say that. XD

Nothing to collect, though, I think. (Not that mine is green. But even if it would be, I think this is just one of the ones that only makes you "move up the ranks in the Resistance", whatever that means.)

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

SHH would've left me just as clueless, I'm afraid, but RE was what I thought you meant, I just wasn't aware there were other ways to say that. XD

Nothing to collect, though, I think. (Not that mine is green. But even if it would be, I think this is just one of the ones that only makes you "move up the ranks in the Resistance", whatever that means.)

I switch between the two, it would seem. Though I think more people call them random events than use the Something Has Happened initials. Also, I am pretty stellar at creating confusion, even if I do say so myself. :ph34r:

I see there's 2 new achievements in the battle section now too, for beating Miss. Kankle I suppose.

Just now, jellysundae said:

I switch between the two, it would seem. Though I think more people call them random events than use the Something Has Happened initials. Also, I am pretty stellar at creating confusion, even if I do say so myself. :ph34r:

I see there's 2 new achievements in the battle section now too, for beating Miss. Kankle I suppose.

Oooooh. That makes sense. I'll try to remember that one from now on. :D

Yeah, those have been there since Kaia showed up as a challenger.

Is your 'haze' achievement green?