Opening a doctor's bag paid off! :D

jellysundae

Just got one from Grave Danger. I decided to open it as I'd have 3 things for CC rather than just one, but I struck lucky!

This special brew will soon get your Neopets back to their normal happy selves.
Potion of Containment
(very rare)
Put these extra thick lenses on your pet and within moments their vision will begin to clear.
Extra Thick Goggles
(uncommon)
If your Neopet has NeoFlu, it will be so happy after you give them these yummy tasting jelly pills.
NeoFlu Jelly Pills

An r.92 item for CC, and the extra thick goggles, not bad at all! :D

4 minutes ago, Angeló said:

congrats :) 

i opened one a long time ago .. it was nothing valuable

but i didnt know you can get them from grave danger

I didn't know you could get them from anywhere else, lol. xD

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I didn't know you could get them from anywhere else, lol. xD

Lol, me neither. lol.  I have gotten several from there over the years and I too got the thick goggles.  That was when they were going for upwards of 80k.  I kept visiting the healing springs to no avail.  I had several doctor bags so I figured I would open one and see what happened.  I got the goggles, but then I remembered, I could eat a poisonous jelly and get a cheaper illness.  So I did that and sold my goggles.  lol.  Then I wondered, does the bag give you the cure you NEED for the illness your pet has?  So I opened another one at a different time, and, No, it didn't work that way.  lol.

Oh well done! I never seem to have any luck when I open Doctors Bags or Discovered Treasure Chests, but I can't help myself - I just HAVE to open them, even though every fibre of my being is telling me "No, sell, it won't have anything decent inside!" :axehead:

12 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

Oh well done! I never seem to have any luck when I open Doctors Bags or Discovered Treasure Chests, but I can't help myself - I just HAVE to open them, even though every fibre of my being is telling me "No, sell, it won't have anything decent inside!" :axehead:

Going through my SDB I see I have 3 4 Discovered Treasure Chests in there, I might open those, just for the heck of it.

As a typical human I'm as good as the next person at cutting off my nose to spite my face. :arrowhead:

EDIT: Well, as I'd intended to use whatever was in them for CC, this is a worthwhile result. :D

Arrr every pirate needs a cool looking ship to sail in!
Wooden Pirate Ship
(rare)
Yar matey, I be a pirate!
Pirate Flotsam Plushie
(rare)
Everything you need to complete your pirate outfit!
Pirate Accessory Set
(uncommon)
Ever since a child she had been obsessed with making things explode. If you hear a soft sizzle accompanied by a maniacal giggle, run!
Pirate Bomber Plushie
(very rare)

The Discovered Treasure Chest is one of those (many) items that have gone down in value over the years. I seem to remember them being over 20,000 each once. How I wish I had sold most of mine long ago. I keep throwing things into that giant hole called the SDB. Years later, that has had both good and bad results. :shiftyeyes_anim: :arrowhead:

Jelly is showing the Doctors Bag as possibly containing Sporkle Syrup (53,000) or Magic Goop (18,000) as the currently two highest items.

https://items.jellyneo.net/item/45508/price-history/

9 hours ago, acorah said:

@jellysundaeGlad to hear you got some decent stuff!  I always flog anything like that cos me `n` the Grarrlies never have any luck with them

Interesting. As an American :cowboy: English is only my second language. :D I have no idea what you just said. But it sounds cool. :king:

British definition.JPG

oxfordquotations1.jpeg

28 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Interesting. As an American :cowboy: English is only my second language. :D I have no idea what you just said. But it sounds cool. :king:

British definition.JPG

oxfordquotations1.jpeg

Haha! I didn't even pick up on Marcus saying that! Usually Britishisms jump out at me because there's so few of us likely to say them.

I, for one, am always happy to expand people's vocabulary, especially if it's with bizarre slang terms that will totally confound the people you say them to. :laugh: