Happy Chomby Day!

hrtbrk

Oh, wow! I like both of these Chomby's! I like the little plants on the back of the Woodland Chomby. And I love the smile on the Wraith Chomby! The outfit is neat, too. Look like it is supposed to be Assassin's Creed inspired? The Chomby looks to happy to be an assassin, though. I think it is a good day, for Chomby lovers! Happy Chomby Day, indeed!

The woodland Chomby's cute, it's a shame the spines on the back have a line separating them from the actual back, not sure why they did that as the ones on the end of the tail and on the head don't have that, but it's still cute.

Yesterday I couldn't work out what it was that it reminded me of, but now I realise!  lol.gif

2T7VzWM.jpg

What a good day! I feel the past half year they are spending more and more effort in these colours as opposed to before. Perhaps they hired some new artists?

Woodland is cute. I like the colours and the flowers, but some of the outer line-art like the back and the facial features are very... harsh/dark? They don't really match with the softness of the overall colour.

Wraith is cool as always, although like I said before it could have smiled more malevolent instead of happy.

The clothes are cool, I like Assassin's Creed, but I wish it was designed for a bipedal pet like the lutari (lutari Ezio would be *so cool!*)

20 minutes ago, Josi said:

(lutari Ezio would be *so cool!*)

That would be SO COOL ahhhh I hope they do something like that in the future. 

Anyway, I guess I'll be in the minority thinking that the woodland Chomby looks completely silly. Why are the flowers so sparse? It just looks ridiculous to me. I actually laughed out loud when I first saw it on the news page. This is what it makes me think of: 

image.jpeg.1fb55c016de59d11fcb2c064f34eb586.jpeg

Although @jellysundae's photo (is that a potato??) comes closer with the shoots coming up. 

5 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Although @jellysundae's photo (is that a potato??) comes closer with the shoots coming up. 

Yup. The Chomby species secret is out, they are ambulatory sweet potatoes. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

So, something like this? Maybe that is where the inspiration came from?

51dcrUP2NOL.jpg

yes , that

or .. there's a kind of clay or woven material that looks like this .. it's used for pots .. i don't know it's exact name .. but its different than normal pots in that it looks layered or striated 

• 5 months later...

The Woodland Chomby is really cute. ? I like the Wraith too, but on a large Neopet like this it looks.. too solid, if that makes sense. My favourite Wraiths are the ones with lots of "mist/smoke," idk what to call it, around them. The ones that look more like they could be a non-physical being.

• 3 months later...

Hey you guys!

Whilst mindlessly browsing a shop I saw this!

Chomby Sand Statue
Chomby Sand Statue

This is a 2007 item, so the design for the Woodland Chomby wasn't without inspiration, interesting!