Had enough of donating for CC, but feel I must. keep. going . . .

jellysundae

8 hours ago, lakecat said:

(Warning: contrarian viewpoint ahead :shiftyeyes_anim: :D) I'm slightly over 3,000 points. I won't say how much I could have given but it's comparable to many of you if I had. But I don't understand this blind trust. Last year, we at least had a chance of getting valuable items worth millions several times a day, when we donated inflated items that could have been sold for tens of thousands each. Why donate even one valuable item for just several points? What will we get this time? Nobody knows or if they do know, they aren't telling. I'm keeping most of my stuff for the future. There will be other charity events, which will probably be more clear than this one. But I truly want everyone here to get back much more than what you gave. Especially considering how much time it takes to donate. Good luck. :santa:

i totally get your point

i didn't donate anything worth more than 5k .. most those R90+ didn't really inflate and stayed at a reasonable 1.5-2k each .. so if i sold 200 of them i'd have made 400k .. nice but not tempting enough to lose the points .. as i said in an above comment , if i sold ALLLL my R90+ ... i would've made 2-3 Mil ... but i'm really excited to see what i can buy with my points .. NP comes and goes but perks are forever ... 

and most of these items i will get back from the Battledome and Dailies anyway and re-hoard them anyway

@lakecat I too totally get where you're coming from, but what can I say? lol. For myself the SDB purge felt good. I think because I've been firmly indoctrinated to NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY, the chance to do so felt really great, lol.

I didn't get rid of anything that's going to cause me regrets. The VAST majority of it was dailies and BD freebies. A significant number of the other r.90+ items were things I won from CC last year and had just sat gathering dust since. I've never been one to sell items so I was happy to donate much away.

I've already said I have zero expectations about what we're gonna get from this. But we're going to get something so it's all good.

I guess the main point for me is I made 28k donations points despite not spending a single NP to stock for this event, so what have I lost out on?

Good points both of you. And we'll see if I should have taken the time to donate more of the same items you mentioned. I just read this from Granny:

Thank you so much for all your donations! The Make a Difference Drive has definitely been a success! Now did you really believe that I wouldn't give you anything for your deeds? Oh no, I have been in touch with some very good friends and acquaintances, and they will be putting together some delightful offers for you to choose from, based on how many points you have earned. It will take a few days for all the details to come together, but I have something else for you in the meantime. Trophies, a gift or two - keep an eye on your Neomail so you don't miss out!

So if there were to be an increase in bank interest for example (above our current 12.5%) then I'm sure I'll wish I had. It does sound like some of you will be getting some amazing and truly rare trophies! :king: :pope: At least I can learn from this one and plan better for next year and beyond. 

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

Good points both of you. And we'll see if I should have taken the time to donate more of the same items you mentioned. I just read this from Granny:

So if there were to be an increase in bank interest for example (above our current 12.5%) then I'm sure I'll wish I had. It does sound like some of you will be getting some amazing and truly rare trophies! :king: :pope: At least I can learn from this one and plan better for next year and beyond. 

I don't know, I think what we've learned from this CC is that there isn't much you can plan, as the rules might change from year to year.

(Although, as someone who simply hoards all the items I get from dailies, I can tell you that has worked pretty well for me and doesn't take much effort.)

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

I don't know, I think what we've learned from this CC is that there isn't much you can plan, as the rules might change from year to year.

(Although, as someone who simply hoards all the items I get from dailies, I can tell you that has worked pretty well for me and doesn't take much effort.)

This could well have been the realisation JS is hoping everyone will have, but that's pretty much wishful thinking of them if it is, isn't it. A lot of people can't see past that expectation of lots of shiny prizes and just get angry when those don't materialise.

But some at least will have had a lightbulb moment, surely. Nielo and I aren't going to be the only people who didn't spend a fortune to prep for this and managed very well thank you, that's got to be an eye-opener for some.

It's all going to depend on what these perks end up being . . .

Here is what my Neomail says: (I had only 3,100 points)

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 5,000 Neopoints, 200 NC and two exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

The two items are: Abandoned Fairground and a Battered Old Couch. I'm waiting for the NC to show up. What did everyone else get?

I'm curious to know what the minimum points were for each level, especially to get the Gold Trophy. (I totally understand if people post their results in the main thread about this. I should have posted there too.)

(BTW I'm embarrassed to say I still own a couch that resembles this :blush: :D)

clo_batteredcouch.gif

25 minutes ago, lakecat said:

clo_batteredcouch.gif

:laugh: It's retro! 80s Grandma retro, lol.

Though I can't tell if that's a chintzy flora pattern or big holes in it. xD Going by the name I'm guessing it's holes. xD

52 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Here is what my Neomail says: (I had only 3,100 points)

The two items are: Abandoned Fairground and a Battered Old Couch. I'm waiting for the NC to show up. What did everyone else get?

I'm curious to know what the minimum points were for each level, especially to get the Gold Trophy. (I totally understand if people post their results in the main thread about this. I should have posted there too.)

clo_batteredcouch.gif

According to JellyNeo, these are the trophy tiers:

1-99: Participation Trophy

100-999: Bronze Trophy

1,000-10,000: Silver Trophy

10,001+: Gold Trophy

(I think the 10,001 requirement is kinda weird/cruel, especially since the other tiers do end at 99 and 999, so why not make it 1,000-9,999?); I saw someone on the Neoboards with exactly 10,000 points, who'd missed out on the Gold.)

58 minutes ago, Nielo said:

(I think the 10,001 requirement is kinda weird/cruel, especially since the other tiers do end at 99 and 999, so why not make it 1,000-9,999?); I saw someone on the Neoboards with exactly 10,000 points, who'd missed out on the Gold.)

That is a bit inconsistent, isn't it. Kind of thoughtless to be honest.

I mean they should have realised that many people like to end things like this on a round number. 10K is most definitely going to have been a goal amount for a lot of people, so yeah, as you say, cruel, I suspect a LOT of people are gonna be ranting about this right now, oops.

That's exactly the reason why donated one more r101 so I ended with 5001 instead of round 5k. Just in case it would have been something like that only at 5k. Somehow I knew it would happen, I was just hoping 5k+ was the gold trophy :P

Did everybody get 200 NC or was that tiered as well?  I donated 6,000 points so I'm in the silver trophy party and got the couch and background.

Did anyone get different items?  

I was so done with it by 5,000 points.  I probably could have stuck with cleaning my SDB to get to 10,001 but bleah...

On 3/23/2018 at 7:06 PM, lakecat said:

(Warning: contrarian viewpoint ahead :shiftyeyes_anim: :D) I'm slightly over 3,000 points. I won't say how much I could have given but it's comparable to many of you if I had. But I don't understand this blind trust. Last year, we at least had a chance of getting valuable items worth millions several times a day, when we donated inflated items that could have been sold for tens of thousands each. Why donate even one valuable item for just several points? What will we get this time? Nobody knows or if they do know, they aren't telling. I'm keeping most of my stuff for the future. There will be other charity events, which will probably be more clear than this one. But I truly want everyone here to get back much more than what you gave. Especially considering how much time it takes to donate. Good luck. :santa:

Like Angeló and Jellysundae, I only donated rare items I'd receive from dailies and the Battledome. Although rare, those items aren't worth much, as they are "common" - everyone and anyone can get them from dailies and the Battledome. Those items never really go up in price, except during a CC event. To be honest, I don't think TNT/JS will go back to the way of doing the CCs in the past - donate 5, and have the chance of getting 1 item back, possible uncommon/rare, etc. Plus, as this is the first time for this "style" of CC, the next ones will only be clearer, if the prizes, boons, donating stats stay the same. Also, the "old way" encouraged inflation. This "new way", not so much. So, I figured I might as well donate those items, to see what I could get. For now, we'll have to wait until Monday, to see if these "perks" or "boons" are worth it. Sure, it is a gamble, but might as well put my "junk" items to a possible use. It would more effort to put them up in my Shop in hopes of them selling.

I don't really have "blind trust". More of a "blind skepticism". When I heard "boons", my first thought was of the Obelisk Skirmish ones. Definitely would not donate a lot, or anything at all, just to get those. Note, too, that JS has been changing the prize pool on some of the dailies. Some of the older "common" items, might now become harder to get, and, therefore, go up in price, while the newer items will stabilize and possibly become "common". Future CCs might not be "money makers" as the old ones were, in both prizes and items inflating. And, I believe that is what JS wants - not to create site wide inflation, during an event. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Just glad CC 2018 is finally over.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:12 AM, jellysundae said:

@lakecat

I guess the main point for me is I made 28k donations points despite not spending a single NP to stock for this event, so what have I lost out on?

I'm sorry for your long wait, Jackie. You deserved to get your prizes LONG before most of us. :nod_yes: 

They should give you a PLATINUM or DIAMOND trophy. :king:

3 minutes ago, lakecat said:

I'm sorry for your long wait, Jackie. You deserved to get your prizes LONG before most of us. :nod_yes:

Well that's nice of you to say so, Sir. Jim!

Having had a quick peek on the boards, it seems the script to award prizes is still running so I might get mine at some point during today.

Does seem to be a bit all over the place now though, some people with names beginning with Z have got their prizes while those beginning with S haven't and so forth, so who knows when I'll get mine. :arrowhead:

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That is a bit inconsistent, isn't it. Kind of thoughtless to be honest.

I mean they should have realised that many people like to end things like this on a round number. 10K is most definitely going to have been a goal amount for a lot of people, so yeah, as you say, cruel, I suspect a LOT of people are gonna be ranting about this right now, oops.

I saw that neoboard post as well. I do think they will end up giving it to them. Its just one point. Cmon TNT? I feel sad for them lol. 

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Still nothing for me, hopefully I'll get something during Monday. SO don't want to have to send a ticket.

Give it some time.  I am thinking you will be quite happy.

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Well that's nice of you to say so, Sir. Jim!

Having had a quick peek on the boards, it seems the script to award prizes is still running so I might get mine at some point during today.

Does seem to be a bit all over the place now though, some people with names beginning with Z have got their prizes while those beginning with S haven't and so forth, so who knows when I'll get mine. :arrowhead:

I am guessing that you may just get something more than what everyone else got.  I donated 13k+ items.  I am wondering if over 25k items may get a platinum or special reward trophy or more NC or SOMETHING!!  It is quite odd that you haven't received your prizes yet, just be patient.  I doubt they forgot about you, I bet it will be something extra.  If I am wrong, well, sorry:blush02:, but IDK, but they might be impressed with the magnamity of your generosity.  lol

46 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Give it some time.  I am thinking you will be quite happy.

I am guessing that you may just get something more than what everyone else got.  I donated 13k+ items.  I am wondering if over 25k items may get a platinum or special reward trophy or more NC or SOMETHING!!  It is quite odd that you haven't received your prizes yet, just be patient.  I doubt they forgot about you, I bet it will be something extra.  If I am wrong, well, sorry:blush02:, but IDK, but they might be impressed with the magnamity of your generosity.  lol

What a lovely idea! I don't suppose there will be another tier above gold level stuff, but I appreciate you thinking I'd get it if there was. :D

I'm not worried at the moment, if I've got nothing by Tuesday it'll be a different matter, lol.