Aquamentis12

Hey guys. Haven't been on much the last day or two due to some IRL stuff. But I heard about this, and thought it might be fun to share. I grew up watching this show on PBS, and it's WILD to see it back in 1968 when Mr. Rogers got his start. They did new episodes pretty much every weekday. and he did well over 1000 episodes. To put it lightly. He would've been 90 on March 20th, and in honor of that, I read on FB that they are doing a marathon on Twitch, of every Mr. Rogers episode, and also, in chronological order! Apparently, before PBS, Public Broadcast System, they had NET, the National Education Television, that was funded by affiliated TV stations, and a few sponsors. Also, most episodes seem to be 29minutes and some seconds long. Whereas many half-hour programs, are 20-26 minutes, though in my experience, 26 minutes is a bit long for the show. And ZERO commercial breaks in what couple of eps I've seen so far. So you actually get, from start to finish, almost a FULL 30 minutes of actual show, including intro and outro.

This would be great for those with a sense of nostalgia, and ESPECIALLY great for those with children who may have never known Mr. Rogers. That's why I'm posting the link. He was an incredible talent, and a genuinely nice person. A legend, too soon gone from this world. If you guys know the kids show with Daniel the Tiger, that's a spin-off of one of Mr. Rogers' neighborhood of make-believe. I haven't seen it, but I've heard of it from nephew. Here's the link!

https://www.twitch.tv/misterrogers

Enjoy!!

4 hours ago, Kute said:

I remember watching Mr. Rogers when I was small.  It was good! I didnt know that there was a spin-off though. So I guess they are making a movie? 

Yeah, the Spin-off is a different format, but from what I understand it's got a lot of the same characters and even some of the same people are involved that worked with Mr. Rogers on his show.

Yep! There's a Mr. Rogers movie that, if I recall correctly, it's going to be out in theaters June 8th, 2018.