So this happened

Kute

Not really sure what happened, haha. But all these slots opened up for items. Perhaps TNT is going to expand on the amount of BD weapons available per fight? 

YkUORjt.png

LOL! That's a lot. xD Way more than when this usually happens.

All you need now is for your pet to become part sea anemone so it can hold all these extra weapons at once. xD

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

LOL! That's a lot. xD Way more than when this usually happens.

All you need now is for your pet to become part sea anemone so it can hold all these extra weapons at once. xD

Oh does this happen sometimes? I've never seen it before. Thats hilarious! 

Opposite happened for me.  Was in the battledome and fought one round normally.  When I went to pick my weapons for the second round the faerie abilities were there, but the weapons choices were just a single fist icon.  And only one slot would even give me that.  The other slot had nothing in it at all.  Thank you faerie ability icicle, you are the only reason I finished the fight.

2 hours ago, lokiswolf said:

Opposite happened for me.  Was in the battledome and fought one round normally.  When I went to pick my weapons for the second round the faerie abilities were there, but the weapons choices were just a single fist icon.  And only one slot would even give me that.  The other slot had nothing in it at all.  Thank you faerie ability icicle, you are the only reason I finished the fight.

That actually happened to me too, and when I refreshed I got all the icons. haha. 

1 hour ago, lojoco49 said:

Wow @Kute that is way more fists than the average glitch gives lol. Seems to be a bit of an epidemic atm. I usually get just one fist but last night got this...

Capture.PNG

Seems like it! Good to know I'm not the only one. :) :)

LOL I've never seen the selection of fists with weapons or go across the screen like that. LOL I've had the standard 8 weapon slots, but all occupied with fists. It seems to happen when there's lag I think. Not sure if lag-source matters. Whether the site or the computer accessing. Either way, it's annoying. But Faerie Abilities seem to be intact when it does happen. I wish TNT would make some more progress fixing the BD Glitches.  At least the ones on their to-do list. XD

10 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

Wow @Kute that is way more fists than the average glitch gives lol. Seems to be a bit of an epidemic atm. I usually get just one fist but last night got this...

Capture.PNG

That's what I have gotten before.  So I was like eh, maybe a new weapon, let me give it a try.  Wow, it really stunk.  LOL.  I was like, I will never use those again! But yes, the glitch can give any number of them, but wow Kute, you take cake on the this one.  LOL

So I guess these fists are quite literally your pet punching the opponent with their bare hand?

They should totally show it crying afterwards if that's the case. :laugh:

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So I guess these fists are quite literally your pet punching the opponent with their bare hand?

They should totally show it crying afterwards if that's the case. :laugh:

LOL I HOPE so! The very first battle I did upon joining Neopets, in the olde battledome, was against Punchbag Bob. I didn't know what would be a good weapon to buy, so I just assumed that there would be a default attack without weapons for a level 1 Peophin. (Like in most games.) But I was wrong. lol Had to forfeit the battle. Pretty silly as I look back upon it. IF the fists are going to be a default option, that will be very cool, especially for newbies like I was, who don't know what decent weapons would be.

I hope they bring the species abilities back. Those were based on levels. I think the final one was unlocked at level 20, for my pet, it was the Peophin Splash. Pretty decent damage for an (at the time) under-armed and under-trained peophin. ;) Saved my rear a number of times in battle. LOL

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:46 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL I HOPE so! The very first battle I did upon joining Neopets, in the olde battledome, was against Punchbag Bob. I didn't know what would be a good weapon to buy, so I just assumed that there would be a default attack without weapons for a level 1 Peophin. (Like in most games.) But I was wrong. lol Had to forfeit the battle. Pretty silly as I look back upon it. IF the fists are going to be a default option, that will be very cool, especially for newbies like I was, who don't know what decent weapons would be.

I hope they bring the species abilities back. Those were based on levels. I think the final one was unlocked at level 20, for my pet, it was the Peophin Splash. Pretty decent damage for an (at the time) under-armed and under-trained peophin. ;) Saved my rear a number of times in battle. LOL

There was a lot of differences in the old Battledome.  Remember you picked your stance?  I believe it was something like "attack stance" "defense stance" or fierce attack.  I'm not sure if those are 100% accurate but I know you chose your stance.  I do remember that each time you BEAT an opponent, their HPs went up and they became more difficult to fight. When you lost against them (because eventually you would- lol) their HPs went down, making them easier to fight.  I seem to remember in 2 player fights that the quicker player won.  LOL.  I could be wrong on that too.  I used to battle with my son and I seem to remember that if the computer was slower or I wasn't quick enough, I would lose. LOL

Don't feel bad about PBB.  I forfeited against him at first too.  Then I finally realized that, unless you can take a good amount of HPs from him at a time, that fight can go on forever. LOL.  So, after a lot of training and some decent weapons, I challenged him again.  I think a lot of newbies make that mistake with him.

9 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

There was a lot of differences in the old Battledome.  Remember you picked your stance?  I believe it was something like "attack stance" "defense stance" or fierce attack.  I'm not sure if those are 100% accurate but I know you chose your stance.  I do remember that each time you BEAT an opponent, their HPs went up and they became more difficult to fight. When you lost against them (because eventually you would- lol) their HPs went down, making them easier to fight.  I seem to remember in 2 player fights that the quicker player won.  LOL.  I could be wrong on that too.  I used to battle with my son and I seem to remember that if the computer was slower or I wasn't quick enough, I would lose. LOL

Don't feel bad about PBB.  I forfeited against him at first too.  Then I finally realized that, unless you can take a good amount of HPs from him at a time, that fight can go on forever. LOL.  So, after a lot of training and some decent weapons, I challenged him again.  I think a lot of newbies make that mistake with him.

Right, in face, the TDN damage calculator has those stances, but you can't select them any longer, they are grayed-out, probably because Stances aren't in the new one. Not sure if they'll bring those back.

LOL OMG! I actually don't recall the difficulty increase. lol I didn't pay a lot of attention to it I guess. LOL At least not near the end of the old BD. With as many hiatuses as I'd taken over the years, I suppose that's why I don't remember it. ^^;

I didn't do much 2p battling, but I believe, the first to click got to go first. I'm aware of some items where order-clicked mattered for certain weapons.

And once one person had moved, a little window would pop up, saying that it's your move, or the other player was waiting for your move, or whatever it said. lol When you, or they moved, the pop-up would disappear until it was needed again.

I actually don't feel bad about forfeiting to PPB. I find it an amusing memory and a decent story to share that everyone starts from somewhere and mistakes are easily made before you learn what to do and what not to do.

LOL Yeah, I actually took him on after I got some peophin weapons. Which of course, like most species weapons, are pretty poorly powered, even by the standards of when I started playing about 13-14 years ago. It did in fact, take what felt like over an hour to take him down. At least he can't fight back. LOL

I keep wishing I could fight Punchbag Sid. But apparently when he appears, he's only available for a short time and then disappears for who knows how long before he comes back. There is an avatar connected to him too. He's got some really POWERFUL equipment as well, from what I've read.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone having a problem/glitch with Battledome lately? My sister found 2 turned tooth(s) for 40,000 np a piece, remembering how they were over 200k np during TWR Malum battles, sent one to me and then tried to "equip" this BD item to her Baby Vandagyre- which having  8 items, she began by un-equiping 1 of 3 TWR weapons (Reflecting Vanities) and attempted to equip the Turned Tooth but got the message: "You may only one of that item type (freeze, heal, etc.) equipped per pet."  So she took off her Faerie Healing Dust, then retried to equip the Turned Tooth, got that same message again. Took off her Lucky Vandagyre Feather, then retried to put on the Turned Tooth, got that same message again! So she took off her Spellseeker Vial of Power, then retried to equip the Turned Tooth- and got that same message AGAIN! Decided that her Team Krawk Island Shield, Weapon Formerly Known As Desert Axe Weapon, Blazing Embers, and Handy WeaPon shouldn't be a healing or freezing item but just wanted to put all of her equipment BACK on BUT every item she tries to put back on gets that same message. She texted me & told me to hold off equipping the Turned Tooth bc of all her problems and asked do I know what's up with this item & why did this totally mess up her ability to put her items she already had equpped her Vandagyre with & fought with since TWR. 

Can anyone help me out with this puzzle and I am sorry, I really didn't know where to post this question: So This Happened seemed to be a good fit?

5 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Is anyone having a problem/glitch with Battledome lately? My sister found 2 turned tooth(s) for 40,000 np a piece, remembering how they were over 200k np during TWR Malum battles, sent one to me and then tried to "equip" this BD item to her Baby Vandagyre- which having  8 items, she began by un-equiping 1 of 3 TWR weapons (Reflecting Vanities) and attempted to equip the Turned Tooth but got the message: "You may only one of that item type (freeze, heal, etc.) equipped per pet."  So she took off her Faerie Healing Dust, then retried to equip the Turned Tooth, got that same message again. Took off her Lucky Vandagyre Feather, then retried to put on the Turned Tooth, got that same message again! So she took off her Spellseeker Vial of Power, then retried to equip the Turned Tooth- and got that same message AGAIN! Decided that her Team Krawk Island Shield, Weapon Formerly Known As Desert Axe Weapon, Blazing Embers, and Handy WeaPon shouldn't be a healing or freezing item but just wanted to put all of her equipment BACK on BUT every item she tries to put back on gets that same message. She texted me & told me to hold off equipping the Turned Tooth bc of all her problems and asked do I know what's up with this item & why did this totally mess up her ability to put her items she already had equpped her Vandagyre with & fought with since TWR. 

Can anyone help me out with this puzzle and I am sorry, I really didn't know where to post this question: So This Happened seemed to be a good fit?

i tried looking around various sites, but i could not seem to come up with anything for this particular item. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the BD has an answer? 

@hrtbrk 

If not perhaps you should also send in a ticket about it. 

Obviously SOME kind of glitch. I don't have a Turned Tooth so I can't try to equip it. I'd suggest sending a ticket in and seeing what TNT says about it. If they've been working on the BD it might just be an unforeseen glitch that needs fixing.

I checked the Super Wiz and the cheapest Turned Tooth is 38,000np right now. It must be pretty good to have inflated during the TWR plot. Since it seems to still stock though, weapon prices after plots tend to sink, but when a weapon is still stocking depending on the rarity and how many get restocked, they can lose value by a little or a lot. Sounds like the Turned Tooth must've been RS'd by players a lot for it to drop so much post-plot.

Anyway, if you send a ticket to them, I hope TNT can reply quickly with an answer!

I equipped a TT to my pet, who already had a healing item equipped, with no trouble. So it may be conflicting with a freeze item, if you have one, or one of your other weapons may be confused as a freeze item somehow. But the conflict doesn't seem to be with a healing item, at least when I did it. 

2 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I equipped a TT to my pet, who already had a healing item equipped, with no trouble.

Thank you @kayahtik, @Aquamentis12, and @Kute for all your help and advice. I will pass this information to her and let you know if she submits a ticket (but probably won't, she barely plays and was asking ME about this and I'm still in high school!) kacheek_baby_clap.gif 

15 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Thank you @kayahtik, @Aquamentis12, and @Kute for all your help and advice. I will pass this information to her and let you know if she submits a ticket (but probably won't, she barely plays and was asking ME about this and I'm still in high school!) kacheek_baby_clap.gif 

Sometimes, when Neopets (or you) has (have) "lag", you can get those type of problems with the Battledome - the "fists" icon and unable to equip items. Have her wait a few days, then try again. If she doesn't want to submit a ticket, she could also try posting on the "Battledome" Neoboard. Someone might have an answer there:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=10

Clearing her browser's cache might help, too.

EDIT: Your sister was most likely asking you because 1) You play Neopets more than her, 2) You are a member of TDN (Neopets Community site), and 3) She thought you might have seen this before and have an answer. You being in high school doesn't really have anything to do with it. Your BIG sister asking YOU for advice, now that's a big complement!

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Your BIG sister asking YOU for advice, now that's a big complement!

While she is older than me, we all call her Baby!kougra_baby_pacifier.gif koi_blue_laugh.gif But yeah, I had to talk all of them through the WR plot (except the FF game-THAT was only my oldest sister talking me with my dyslexia through THAT mess) and encouraging AC 2 hour gaming. So, I guess it is a compliment ! xweetok_giggle.gif