Charity Corner 2018: Perks Shop Opens!

hrtbrk

4 minutes ago, mizizzy11 said:

Note that you can only collect 1 site theme & avatar each... Some people on the boards say they were able to get 2 themes, but mine says out of stock.

Wow! I thought those people were lying, but I just checked my preferences and I now have the Curse of Maraqua site theme! When I redeemed my perk it said I only received the Cyodrake Gaze one.

8 minutes ago, Hanso said:

Wow! I thought those people were lying, but I just checked my preferences and I now have the Curse of Maraqua site theme! When I redeemed my perk it said I only received the Cyodrake Gaze one.

and I got the Qasalan Theme as well in addition to the Curse of Maraqua

I didn't donate very much so I only got a "thanks for participating" trophy, 2000 NP and a battered couch, but that's cool. (I usually discard or donate things I don't like, so I didn't have much to donate anyway.) How much do you need to donate to get really good stuff? And what were some of the prizes?  I will save up for next year.  

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

New Avatar Korbat - Royal added successfully

Nice

New theme Curse of Maraqua added successfully 

I love this theme .. always wanted it back since my old account got frozen 

Yep, that is TOTALLY what I am going to get too.  Gonna think about for a while though.  Maybe I will BUY the fiendish formations avatar that I was rooked out of.  lol.  IDK though, seriously though it is something I really need to think about.  I am really glad I donated a lot.  Jelly can buy every perk on here and still have points left over.  lol:rock: You go girl!

During the event, a little voice told me "keep going until you get over 5000." But I stopped at 3100, being very busy. Now I wish I had listened. That extra bank interest for a whole year would have been more than worth the extra time and donating of things I didn't have time to sell anyway. Am I correct in thinking the 3% increase means going from 12.5% up to 15.5%, or is it calculated differently?

4 hours ago, Hanso said:

Cool! I guess I should have checked which themes I already had before I did it... 

Wow so many great perks. I wish I had had more things to donate so I could get the Bank Bribery :/
I wonder how long the perk shop will be open; I need to have a long think about what to use my points on

Edit: I may be missing the total obvious but I am not seeing what they mean by "Make sure to check out the list of available avatars/site themes in the FAQs." Help?

22 minutes ago, YarnednDangerous said:

Wow so many great perks. I wish I had had more things to donate so I could get the Bank Bribery :/
I wonder how long the perk shop will be open; I need to have a long think about what to use my points on

Edit: I may be missing the total obvious but I am not seeing what they mean by "Make sure to check out the list of available avatars/site themes in the FAQs." Help?

They are located in the Charity Corner FAQ in the Help section.http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2597 

Once there, scroll down on the left hand side to find Charity Corner - Make A Difference Drive and click on it. It will then open another drop down titled Charity Corner Perks Shop.

All the information will then show up on the right hand side for you to click on :)

3 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

They are located in the Charity Corner FAQ in the Help section.http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2597 

Once there, scroll down on the left hand side to find Charity Corner - Make A Difference Drive and click on it. It will then open another drop down titled Charity Corner Perks Shop.

All the information will then show up on the right hand side for you to click on :)

Pffffffft I am blind lol I didn't look at the left side of the FAQs which is why I didn't see there was a drop down. Thank you so much!! 

3 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Yep, that is TOTALLY what I am going to get too.  Gonna think about for a while though.  Maybe I will BUY the fiendish formations avatar that I was rooked out of.  lol.  IDK though, seriously though it is something I really need to think about.  I am really glad I donated a lot.  Jelly can buy every perk on here and still have points left over.  lol:rock: You go girl!

the avatar and theme perks are random. there is a list from which you receive one though, so (esp for the avatar one) you can look in advance (FAQs) and decide if you want to spend the points. For example, I got the royal-korbat avatar because all the rest available were clickables and mutant graveyard of doom II which I already have, so if you have the clickables you'll probably get the same as me. 

the site themes are glitching apparently, so although we only apply the perk once, we get two different themes. I got tale of woe (pretty happy), and mysterious obelisk turned up too. 

I am okay with the perks, some are good, some are meh but that's to be expected. I want to use colour it wild, but I can't decide what colour and which if my pets to choose, and pet images won't load for me to compare etc.

I also got the random event one and I got a magical plum chia pop! That I am very pleased about!

8 hours ago, mizizzy11 said:

Note that you can only collect 1 (randomly selected) site theme & avatar each... Some people on the boards say they were able to get 2 themes, but mine says out of stock.

The site theme perk does award two themes  (it'll only mention one, but actually award two) 

8 hours ago, mizizzy11 said:

Note that you can only collect 1 (randomly selected) site theme & avatar each... Some people on the boards say they were able to get 2 themes, but mine says out of stock.

2 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

the site themes are glitching apparently, so although we only apply the perk once, we get two different themes. I got tale of woe (pretty happy), and mysterious obelisk turned up too. 

The site theme perk does award two themes  (it'll only mention one, but actually award two) It is not a glitch

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.

Yeah I got the Royal - Korbat girl one. I was a little excited about the fact that we got to get an avatar and theme, but leave it to TNT for it to be completely random and not even let us pick.... I'm still kind of meh about these awards. 

AND that ad one xD That's hilarious to me because people were saying on the boards that it would be a boon and everyone was calling out that person saying they were trolling. They said they wouldn't put a boon in the shop that premium members already get. RIP, jokes on them I guess haha

3 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

AND that ad one xD That's hilarious to me because people were saying on the boards that it would be a boon and everyone was calling out that person saying they were trolling. They said they wouldn't put a boon in the shop that premium members already get. RIP, jokes on them I guess haha

But it's pointless ... most people use AdBlocker

I REALLY wanted the Tale of Woe Theme .. however what I got was two old plot themes that I actually participated in on my old account (CoM and LDP) and I'm quite pleased with the Nostalgia ...

I didn't take part in the ToW as I was away on Hiatus so that's Poetic Justice I suppose .. wanting smthg I had no hand in ... 

8 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

As far as turning one of your neopets into a limited edition neopet, does that include painted pets, or can I only turn my blue kougra into a blue lutari?

I'm wondering the same. Would be great if I can use a cheaper morphing potion to get the colour I want, then use the perk to turn it into a painted limited edition pet